[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's December and you know what that means. Post your favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
It's December and you know what that means. Post your favorite hot cocoa recipes
>>
File: Nestle-Malaysia-MILO[1].jpg (86 KB, 700x508) Image search: [Google]
Nestle-Malaysia-MILO[1].jpg
86 KB, 700x508
M I L O
I
L
O
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 425x485) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 425x485
This with a shot of vodka
>>
December means it's time for Glühwein
>>
>>7128152
I didn't use that brand and used Everclear instead of vodka. But, I did this my Freshman year of college during the late fall through winter. Miniscule tolerance at the time, so even a capful of EC in a cup of hot cocoa produced a noticeable head-change.
>>
It's still too warm out for hot chocolate here and I live in the northeastern US. I don't think cozy will be coming this year. ):

Still, my recipe is a very, very good one, if you still want it.
>>
>>7128138
milo is the most shit tier chocolate beverage in existance
>>
-1 c. Unsweetened Almond Milk -1/2 c. Heavy Cream -1 tbs. Cocoa Powder -1/4 tsp. Vanilla -1/4 tsp. Cinnamon -1 tbs. Splenda -1/8 tsp Mint Extract (optional)

First heat the Almond milk and heavy cream until it starts getting warm, then toss in the remaining ingredients and stir constantly with a wire whisk. Do not let it get to a boil as it wil scorch the bottom of the pan and also create a lot of foam
>>
>>7128219
By all means. The more the merrier
>>
File: homunculi_crying.jpg (120 KB, 770x1114) Image search: [Google]
homunculi_crying.jpg
120 KB, 770x1114
>tfw live in Panama
>tfw I get to choose between hot with dry or hot with wet

just fucking kill me before the botflies do.
>>
File: zoom.jpg (95 KB, 740x1842) Image search: [Google]
zoom.jpg
95 KB, 740x1842
This plus cocoa
>>
1.5 tbsp each of brown sugar and pure cocoa powder, pinch of salt and cinnamon

>hot water rest of the way
>>
>>7128660
>hot water

Anyone who uses water instead of milk in cocoa is a horrible person
>>
>chocolate milk
>microwave
>one regular sized marshmallow
>>
>milk
>nesquik
>microwave
>mix like 2-3 scoops nigga
>??????
>profit
>>
>>7128505
how're the mangos?
>>
Sometimes I even mix this shit into my hot cereal.
>>
>>7129069
god.tier
>>
>>7128500
Sure.
You'll need a knife and a pot. A grater would be better than a knife, though, especially a rotary sorta one.

Skimmed milk
Half-and-half
Dark chocolate or baker's chocolate
Sugar, powdered*

Mix milk and half-and-half in 1:1 ratio.
Pour into a pot and set over gentle heat; meanwhile, chop or grate the chocolate.
Stir chocolate to your preference into the dairy, then sweeten to taste with powdered sugar. That's it.

>* I never buy powdered sugar. Just put plain sugar in the blender and blitz it into powder yourself.
>also nice: instead of sugar, try crushing some peppermints or candy canes and use that
>also, also nice: try adding extracts, like vanilla or almond
>>
I usually follow the recipe on the back of the Hershey's coco can
>>
Since 'tis the season it's easy to find candy canes. My favorite are the ones with chocolate in them. They taste lalike minty cocoa on their own, so I use them to stir my cocoa. Add peppermint schnapps and you have a tasty drink. I just use canned stuff and hot milk for the cocoa itself, but maybe I should branch out
>>
>>7128107
nothing but this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8jLgPvFEd8
>>
>>7130309
>cioccolata calda

..also known as pudding.
>>
>>7128847
Can confirm, my brother does this and he's a horrible person
>>
>all these peasants ITT microwaving hot cocoa
You people are disgusting
>>
>>7130382
hot cocoa is a good lazy and comfy drink.
>>
>macha white chocolate latte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anese-xSsvQ

I haven't tried it yet, but I really want to now. Kind of funny calling it a latte when it kind of looks more like a cappuccino. I never really thought about whisking milk into a froth, but I guess it's the poor man's version of a milk steamer.
>>
What are the best kinds of booze to add to hot chocolate?

I say Brandy or Dark Rum. Whisky is good too.
>>
>>7130469
That's some really inspiring music for a guy gently stirring things.
>>
I like this recipe
http://www.ghirardelli.com/recipes/grown-up-hot-chocolate/

You can use pretty much any liqueur you want. I made it with butterscotch schnapps and vanilla rum recently.
>>
>>7130484
Peppermint schnapps

also vodka
>>
>>7130484
Sailor Jerrys
Spiced rum with a hit of vanilla - god tier
>>
>>7130484
baileys nigga
>>
>>7130484
carolines. fucking delicious
>>
>>7130309

came in here to post this same shit

so good
>>
File: soiled_it_by_raygirl4evah.jpg (57 KB, 476x372) Image search: [Google]
soiled_it_by_raygirl4evah.jpg
57 KB, 476x372
>make delish hot cocoa
>start up TF2
>play for a while
>hot cocoa has become cold cocoa
>>
>>7130654
>not using your cold drinks as a cooling device for your cpu and warming them up again
let me guess, apple owner?
>>
>>7129069
>mfw this looks like both my abuelitas
how did they know?
>>
>>7130654

i always do this with tea
>>
File: 1444435011077.png (303 KB, 470x419) Image search: [Google]
1444435011077.png
303 KB, 470x419
>>7128660
hot water
>>
This is the best hot chocolate I've ever had. http://www.nochewingallowed.com/ After you prepare the hot chocolate you're supposed to add a truffle to your mug.
>>
>>7130484
Irish cream is the only choice.
>>
re: winter drinks, I love spiced/mulled wine (drunk hot), but it's extremely hard to find here in Korea (last year I got lucky at a wine show). Does anyone have experience with making it themselves? I assume you can start with red wine, and then throw spices and sugar(?) and shit in.
>>
>>7130714
Yeah me too. Then I remember I also have half a pot left on the stove that's either still warm or just cold. What's the worst is when I fall asleep and wake up and have to reboil it.
>>
>>7131150
pretty much what you described
google 'mulled wine spice recipe' and add sugar to taste, it's really not a difficult process and can help make shitty wines into holiday cheer
>>
>>7131315
I do this with my homebrew red.
>>
>>7131322
that sounds like an excellent holiday tradition!
I imagine it comes out well for you. Homebrewmanship is a big out of my spectrum but mulling my own wine is possible in my compartmentalized apartment lifestyle
>>
>>7128138
>nestle
stop
>>
Serves 8-12 or less if you're a family of fat-asses

3 Cups Milk
1 Cup Heavy Cream
4 oz Good quality dark chocolate (60% cacao or higher)
2 Tbsp Cocoa powder (Dutch process or natural doesn't matter)
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Vanilla pod
pinch salt

Optional
Warm Spices (Cinnamon, clove, anise, chilies etc)
2 ~ 4 oz of Hooch (vodka, rum, bourbon, peppermint schnapps)
Espresso powder
Marshmallows if you're autistic

Heat up the Dairy, Cocoa, Vanilla, Salt, Sugar, and spices/coffee if you're using them until it gets to about 180 degrees. Take it off the heat and let it steep covered for 5-10 minutes (the temp will drop to about 160). Whisk in 4oz of finely chopped chocolate and add the booze if you're using any (The temp will be around 145 which is perfect for drinking). Strain and Serve immediately.

Intense cocoa flavor more like a nice espresso than the sweet powdered shit with no chocolate flavor.
>>
>>7131322
Can you give specifics?
>>
>>7128107

Put Hershey's syrup in milk and microwave it?

Tastes great.
>>
>>7131379
>>7131387

/ck/
>>
>>7130484
Baileys or Jägermeister or >>7128654
>>
>>7129064
Fuck that song from Dr No, Mango Bananna and Tangerine.
>>
>>7130484
Peppermint schnapps is good
>>
File: I got baking soda.png (726 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
I got baking soda.png
726 KB, 1200x675
>coco thread on /ck/
>>
File: atole.jpg (34 KB, 525x349) Image search: [Google]
atole.jpg
34 KB, 525x349
Mutha fucking Atole
1c Milk and a few tbl heavy cream simmering
add a dash of cayenne and a 1/4 tsp ancho chille powder and cinnamon stick
mix in about 1-2 tbl cocoa powder and powdered sugar to taste for sweetness
What ya get is a warm and spicy chocolaty drink
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.