[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>every time I look up a recipe, it's accompanied by some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 41
File: 1443150510548.png (798 KB, 736x748) Image search: [Google]
1443150510548.png
798 KB, 736x748
>every time I look up a recipe, it's accompanied by some woman's blog
>decide to look up more male oriented cooking sources
>"WE KNOW GUYS HATE THE KITCHEN"
>"SIMPLE MEALS ALL GUYS CAN MAKE"
>"FIRST STOP BAKING, NEXT STOP SUCKING COCK: HOW TO GRILL STEAK"
>"WELL DONE RED MEAT AND BLACK COFFEE: MAN FOODS"
>mfw
>>
Just go with Jamie Oliver
>>
File: 1447482379644.jpg (49 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1447482379644.jpg
49 KB, 600x600
>Look up a recipe
>The ingredients list contains several dozen items
>They're so obscure that you can't tell which ones are actually crucial to the recipe and which are just accessory ingredients that could be skipped
>Need to read a white 20-something woman's life story before she even begins discussing the recipe
>>
>>7127563

he's trash though
>>
Yea, most of the time its le classy gentleman Reddit fucks with ironic handlebar mustaches. And hobo beards.
>>
>>7127563
>Jamie "I need some more thyme in this" Oliver
>Jamie "Not enough rosemary" Oliver
>Jaime "just a pinch, but actually take a whole fucking bush" Oliver
>Jaime "Don't need no salt or pepper when I got rosemary" Oliver

Nah, just go with Gordon Ramsay
>>
>>7127570
But it tastes really good and he never tries to impress anyone. I find Ramsay's methods are more specific and less forgiving. Jamie tends to explain the method in more detail, allowing you to adjust to taste. Gennarro is is also great.
>>
>>7127575
Absolutely murdering your dishes with rosemary tastes good?

Well that's a first. To each his own I suppose.

Also Ramsay's 100 recipes to stake your life on are pretty simple to make, and you got videos that describe how to do it in nice detail as well.

I do agree though, Gennaro is a master, so you can just watch Two Greedy Italians and try to get some recipes out of that
>>
>>7127577
100 recipes teaches excellent cooking technique using recipes simplified down to the average househusband's level
would recommend
>>
File: Floyd.jpg (55 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
Floyd.jpg
55 KB, 620x310
>>7127559
You need to watch some Keith "No fucks" Floyd m8
>>
>using recipes
>>
>>7127577
I will admit I prefer Gennarro to either of them. Italian cooking seems to be without pretension, very forgiving and tastes very good. I like how he leaves a lot to personal taste but explains exactly why he does it his way. That way you know exactly which bits are crucial and which are not, and the reasoning behind the optional parts helps you define your own tastes.
>>
>>7127590
Detailed recipes are a good way to learn how to cook m8. I hardly use them any more but I learned a lot of what I know about cooking from recipes. Obviously recipes by soccermoms who go into no detail about why each step is important are useless since they teach you nothing.
>>
masculinity is so fragile
>>
>>7127599
No, details are snobby elitism trying to tell ME (how DARE anyone tell me?) what's best. As if I'm not a special snowflake who already knows.
>>
>>7127563
>Jamie Oliver
>2 large free range organic eggs
>1 sustainably source piece of fish

Just want a recipe senpai not a fucking lecture
>>
>>7127638
He has to fit it in with his paraphrasing. He's a lot more open-minded in videos. I'd suggest always eating free range eggs though, since they are much nicer and only cost a fraction more. It's not like meat which costs a tonne if you buy expensive organic cuts.
>>
>>7127559

>chef with an obvious eating disorder.
>neck tattoo, hat on to cover balding, the obvious sadness and lonliness in his eyes
>chef is so in-your-face it comes off as a desperate cry for help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuDMKXWU_E

Dude is like that stick figure chili vertical come to life.
>>
>>7127646
I know, I do, but I don't want to be preached to by some little shit like him, not everyone can afford to eat as well as him and it puts people off. I know because I come from a very poor family and used to eat stale bread with milk for dinner...
>>
>>7127638
Free range eggs only cost about 15-20p more per dozen and actually taste far better, have healthier shells and less chance of having salmonella. One of the few "organic" things that aren't pure bullshit.
>>
Someone once recommended me a blog called "live long and cook" which is basically an American neckbeard putting comics and "fuck" everywhere on recipes of diabetes-inducing shit. That's even worse than "red meat and coffee" desu
>>
>look up recipe for pb&j sandwich
>memorise recipe
>scroll down to read comments
>"zomg i love this recipe i make it for my kids all the time!"
>"...except that instead raspberry jam i use sliced tomato"
>"...and instead of peanut butter i use cheese"
>she made a cheese and tomato sandwich
women
>>
Jamie Olive Oiliver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsTWFsEi0aE
>>
>>7127703
God I hate fucking oily as fuck meals
>>
>>7127703
This man seem to enjoy olive oil.
>>
>>7127593
>>7127577

WHY AM I COOKING SO GOOD
>>
>>7127697

Why the fuck do you or anyone need a recipe for a sandwich?

It sounds like she was taking the piss out of the author and people like you who struggle to make sandwiches
>>
>>7127759
Ja/ck/ has recipes for how to dip chips in salsa, how to mix baked beans with mayonnaise and how to fill a pre-made pie crust with cheesecake filling from a tub. And people in the comments actually appreciate his help somehow.
>>
File: 1440409767632.png (197 KB, 435x444) Image search: [Google]
1440409767632.png
197 KB, 435x444
>>7127651
Fuck those ingredients look fresh going in that burger. That lettuce, where can I find fresh produce like that in Australia, m8s? All the produce in our major supermarkets are shit.
>>
>>7127759
No. I made up an extreme example to paint a picture. But I get a bit triggered when I see people comment on recipes saying that they changed a key ingredient which completely changes the recipe. I mean I can understand if someone says that they swapped out silverbeet for spinach because it's all they had in the fridge but when they use something like bacon a cream instead of tomato and ground beef for a bolognese sauce it kind of changes everything.

>i love this bolognese recipe but i made carbonara!
>>
File: 2de1155bae81ca63aed1c7cdc7be094e.png (143 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2de1155bae81ca63aed1c7cdc7be094e.png
143 KB, 1920x1080
>>7127600
Meanwhile, if you call a girl fat she'll start to cry and want to off herself.

Anyway OP, I myself like to look at Chef John's videos, for ideas and because it's nice to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/user/foodwishes
>>
>>7127651
The dude's knife skills are pretty legit though
>>
File: mynigga.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mynigga.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>7127783
Chef John
>>
>>7127781

It's the same when someone gives a recipe 5 stars and the comment is like "Haven't tried it but sounds yummy." like bitch don't rate it before actually trying it
>>
>>7127570
No mention of
>Jamie "Olive oil with FUCKING EVERYTHING" OLIVER
>>
>>7127559
i dont know why anyone would need male oriented sources. i just cook the recipes i find
>>
>>7127781
Or, even worse:
>1 star
>I made this cake but it didn't turn out right at all after I switched the cake flour for healthy chickpea flour and the sugar for stevia and didn't add the butter or salt!
>>
File: 1437592578650.png (56 KB, 175x200) Image search: [Google]
1437592578650.png
56 KB, 175x200
>>7127651
>fuct
>>
>>7127564

This, goddamn. Also, all of those obscure ingredients have to be purchased in 5 different oriental/Asian stores
>>
>>7127646

Good meat from a butcher is still far better than the prepackaged stuff from the grocery store. Sure, it's more expensive but considering how much better it tastes and that the prepackaged meat is pumped full of water, well, it's not that much of a price difference.
>>
>>7127564

>Need to read a white 20-something woman's life story before she even begins discussing the recipe

Oh my god for real, this.
I actually have pulled decent recipes from their blogs, but shut the fuck up about your kid and your fitness studio.
>>
>>7127651

>cooking to medium-rare

enjoy your e-coli.
>>
Most recipe blogs are shit.

I absolutely hate the ones that have fucking stories before the fucking recipe. Holy shit, stop, just fucking stop that shit, I don't need to hear about your husband came home from a long business trip for your anniversary.
>>
>Not eating food built to kill you by the age of thirty.
>>
>>7128314
This. Most of the comments are about the recipe, too. Nobody ever says anything about the included story because nobody fucking reads it.
>>
>>7128329
Everything in moderation.
>>
>>7127559
You forgot the worst part: no one talks about using air horns in their bread recipes.
>>
Sorry to be off topic, but OP's capslock already ruined this thread. It's just embarrassing.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm 25 years old now and I feel like this is how I would make a thread when I was 15.
>>
>>7128487
this
>not honking their own bread
>>
>>7127781
>cream
>carbonara
>trollingmesoftly
>>

God damn, what is that about.
>so the story behind this one all starts when I was out with my friend Jacqueline who I met almost ten years ago while working at the cafe around the corner from my previous house which is where I gave birth to my first son Sammy who had just started talking when we originally...

Shut the fuck up you failed english major, you'll never be a writer.
>>
>>7128518
what is it about that sentence that makes you think they ever majored in english?
>>
File: justoneof theguysjoycehauser.jpg (84 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
justoneof theguysjoycehauser.jpg
84 KB, 640x428
>>7128504
FOLKS COMPLAIN ABOUT ME USING CAPSLOCK, BUT I ONLY USED IT ONCE ABOUT THREE MONTHS AGO
>>
>>7128518
They want Food Network to contact them for a job, most likely.
>>
File: 1426920687454.jpg (344 KB, 1028x838) Image search: [Google]
1426920687454.jpg
344 KB, 1028x838
>>7127559
tfw

shit is annoying at it's worst. fuck off with your lame blog, we're only looking for a recipe and don't give a damn about your unrelated stories about shit that never happened
>>
>>7127651
>penis salt shaker
>>
>>7127563
It's 2015, COME ON
>>
File: gun444.jpg (77 KB, 601x340) Image search: [Google]
gun444.jpg
77 KB, 601x340
>>7127559
>muhammara

As a man who now identifies as a "busy Mom" I would like to just post a recipe on my blog, but I can't because I'm a busy Mom
>>
>>7127570
>Jamie "Olive oil lugs, dead kids in jugs" Oliver
>>
>>7128659
i want to fill my lungs with olive oil
>>
Oh? You mean like these?

http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/confections-a-foodie-bride-3896818?post=1889704279&blog=3896818&frame_type=a&viewer=true

http://pinchofyum.com/black-pepper-stir-fried-noodles

http://kirbiecravings.com/2015/04/french-toast-grilled-cheese-sandwich.html

http://www.jocooks.com/main-courses/poultry-main-courses/oven-fried-breaded-chicken-tenders-with-maple-mustard-dipping-sauce/

http://www.recipetineats.com/syrian-chicken-giant-couscous/

http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/almond-honey-cake-with-strawberry-ripple-cream/

http://www.theironyou.com/2015/04/key-west-chicken-bowls-with-lemon-quinoa.html
>>
File: 1448498842388.jpg (69 KB, 511x604) Image search: [Google]
1448498842388.jpg
69 KB, 511x604
>>7127559
Alton brown on good eats is how real men cook. He doesnt stick to dated, ineffective techniques when he cooks, he adapts and does what works.
>>
File: WORDSWORDSWORDS.png (95 KB, 1490x874) Image search: [Google]
WORDSWORDSWORDS.png
95 KB, 1490x874
>>7128765

I tried to post a comment of all of the words before one bitch got to the actual recipe, but it would have taken 3 comments to post it all, so it's in the attached image.

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
File: 1447909623658.jpg (74 KB, 298x320) Image search: [Google]
1447909623658.jpg
74 KB, 298x320
>>7128765
>>7128781
FUCKING SHUT UP
>>
>>7128329
lol my favorite

I kinda like when recipes are written with a bunch of girly shit around them, to me it's cute. Anybody looking at my computer would be distracted by all the gore and hentai anyway
>>
>>7128778
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAbqUjQ4ZCQ

reminder to always kot blini
>>
>>7128797

My blogs are usually upbeat and cheerful, but I couldn’t possibly share a Syrian dish without acknowledging the unrest currently going on in Syria. Syria is a country that has been at civil war for almost 4 years. And the most devastating of this war, as with any war, is the effect on the innocent. More than a quarter of Syrians – 4 million people – have fled their homes to seek safety in neighbouring countries. 4 million people!

“There will come a time when Syria is once again a beautiful and peaceful country.”

And most heartbreaking of all is to think that more than half the refugees are children. Just think about your childhood. Then think about what millions of Syrian children must be going through right now. It puts things into perspective, doesn’t it? UNICEF has a Syrian Crisis Appeal if you would like to make a donation to support the children of Syria. You can click through to it here.

OK, time to lift the mood and move onto a cheerier topic.

Syria is a country that is bordered by the Mediterranean and the Middle East. So the food of Syria is a wonderful fusion of two of my favourite cuisines. Syrian recipes are often flavoured with spices that are frequently used in Middle Eastern dishes like turmeric, cinnamon, cumin and coriander. And the flavours are also very similar to neighbouring Mediterranean countries like Turkey.

“This is one of those dishes that will warm your soul. The fragrance that fills your house while it’s cooking is just incredible!”

If you like strong flavoured food with Arabic aromas, then you will love this dish. The chicken is seared with cumin, coriander and turmeric, then baked with a chili based tomato sauce. It is served on Giant Couscous which tastes just like ordinary couscous, but they are….well, giant!
>>
>>7128797

This French toast grilled cheese sandwich makes a delicious breakfast: thick slices of French toast, melted cheese and crispy bacon. And some syrup to tie it all together.

As you can tell, I’m on a French toast kick. After making my French toast pull apart muffins, about half a dozen other French toast recipes popped into my head. I immediately had to go out to buy more bread.

So I don’t usually like to rant too much about personal things on the blog, but I feel the need to vent a little. I’m not a fan of HOA’s. I hope I’m not offending anyone. I understand it in theory, but I hate having to pay a fee every month and then having my property policed. And every time I get a notice, it’s for something small and in my opinion, none of their business and not something that would “bring down the property value of the community.”

Today we got a notice in the mail that our trash cans were in violation of the rules. They even took a photo as proof. The allegation was that our trash cans were “visible” to the public. It’s not as if our trash cans were out on the sidewalk, or in front of the house or garage. Instead, our trashcans were tucked next to the side of our house, in front of the door to our backyard, where this is a tiny walkway. It happens to be just big enough to fit two trashcans and pretty much every neighbor puts their trashcans in the same side spot at their homes. So after doing that for a year, suddenly we are all in violation of the rules.

It just really pissed me off to get that notice. I may have had to eat a few handfuls of chocolate to calm me down. Okay, end of rant.
Getting back to something that makes me happy, I’m pretty pleased with how these turned out. You just make your French toast as planned and then add some cheese and bacon to them. You can also drizzle syrup on top to get the full French toast effect. It’s a little messy, but delicious.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 403x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 403x312
>>7127697
>>
>>7127564

This is the only shit that pisses me off. Just shut the fuck up and get to the recipe
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 385x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 385x383
>>7127773
>fresh produce
>supermarkets

No
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 523x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 523x456
>>7128807
>>7128811
>>
>>7128702

I understand this and i've had burgers like this, but issue is that pink mince is gross.

Fine dining knows this which is why tartare is usually smothered in onion, capers, pepper, Worcestershire and egg yolk. All strong, masking flavours. This guy is essentially doing the same with cheese and pickles.
>>
>>7127559
>WEHHHHH I HAVE TO READ

The baby image is more appropriate than you realize, faggot.
>>
>>7127570
I do like Gordon Ramsay and Marco PIerrre White. Not too much bullshit, just straight up cooking. Jamie feels like a tool.
>>
>>7128781
>But honestly, why are we still talking?

It's like this bitch is self aware she's an annoying rambling cunt
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 317x392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 317x392
>>7128811
Literally don't give a single fuck. Complain to someone that cares.
>>
>>7128881
Why does he use Knorr chicken stockpot in his pasta water, again? I seem to have forgotten.

Should I try it?
>>
>>7128863
Why do i want to read some bitch's life? I want to fucking cook, not to find out how her kid is doing with that vegan diet shoved down its throat
I would search for a blog if i wanted to read that shit
>>
>>7128891
I did read on here that flavoring your cooking water did something but I'd read up on it on google before to be sure you're not just wasting resources.
>>
>>7128863
Get back to keking your husband
>>
>>7127638
I don't think Jamie Oliver is like this at all though. Sure it's clear that he's fallen for the organic food meme, but his videos are far from preachy or whatever.

His early stuff like naked chef was a great way for me as a dude to get into cooking when at the time, no man knew anything about good food

He does love olive oil though. A lot
>>
File: recipe30.png (38 KB, 613x647) Image search: [Google]
recipe30.png
38 KB, 613x647
This thread has me kind of worried...
I am currently writing a cookbook and have tried to make it personal and fun by including 1 page introductions to each recipe
For example this is the opening page to my lamb and chocolate sauce stuffed peppers recipe (pictures removed for copyright purposes)

Is it too much?
I have written nearly 30 of these so far. At least mine is funny right?
Note that the formatting isn't finalised.
>>
>>7128776

>He doesnt stick to dated, ineffective techniques when he cooks

Except for when he does this all the fucking time.

>grilled cheese that takes 7 steps, an outdoor grill and 45 minutes.

>cooking steak directly on coals for a minute, forgetting to mention the hour it takes to get coals to that state

Nothing outdated here, mmmmmm love me that ashy carcinogenic crust though!

Alton is an insufferable wanker, he constantly adds unnecessary steps and pointless techniques. He's like the office IT guy who likes to make resetting a router into an issue resembling the Gordian Knot with him as Alexander The Great.
>>
>>7127559
The worst part for me is the targeted ads.

Its full of new 20 something mothers ads. Absolutely awful

When will someone develop ad block for mobile internet apps
>>
>>7128931
Is this a fucking joke? Please tell me this is a fucking joke because it's horrible. I don't need any zany cookey flair. Just post the fucking recipe! Also you should be flayed for combining lamb with chocolate.
>>
>>7128959
Fuck off little faggot.
>>
At least OP is self-aware about how much of a baby he must be to actively seek out male-oriented cooking blogs because he can't handle taking cooking advice from women.
>>
>>7128964
I see someone's mad because your ass isn't getting kissed at your retarded blog bullshit.
>>
>>7128931

Burn this and microwave the macbook you wrote it on.
>>
File: 1431211903548.png (147 KB, 423x317) Image search: [Google]
1431211903548.png
147 KB, 423x317
>>7128931
>>
File: 1445867226021.jpg (131 KB, 754x503) Image search: [Google]
1445867226021.jpg
131 KB, 754x503
>>7128931
This is too elaborate for me to believe it was produced just as a joke to share in this thread.
>>
>>7129001
I agree but somewhere out there is someone who legitimately writes like that.
>>
>>7127956
I mean, I understand that you would want something written by men. But when it's a cooking site for men, don't be surprised when they're all super insecure and idiotic.
>>
File: hide.jpg (2 KB, 114x192) Image search: [Google]
hide.jpg
2 KB, 114x192
>>7128863
They don't even HAVE to read it. They could just scroll past it.
>>
>>7127956
His problem is that recipes posted by women are glorified blog posts.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 196x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 196x200
>>7128931
>a human wrote this
>>
>>7128931
I like it but then again I'm a woman
>>
>>7129074
You don't have to be a man to have shit taste senpai
>>
>>7127783
Based Chef John. I don't know why but the way he speaks is really entertaining.
>>
>>7128931
There is nothing good about this at all.

You evidently aren't the type of person who should be writing a cookbook.
>>
>>7128931
Gas yourself.
>>
File: 1447886575209.jpg (24 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1447886575209.jpg
24 KB, 500x371
>>7128931

>"...a jaundiced person being given a lobotomy by an obese surgeon who is carelessly spilling his Nutella into the person's brain during the surgery."

what the fuck
please tell me this is a joke
>>
>>7127599
>Detailed recipes are a good way to learn how to cook m8.

I think basic undetailed recipes are a better way to learn to cook. Because you get an idea what the dish needs, but you have the freedom to try it different ways and you actually learn more quickly what each ingredient will do for your dish.
>>
>>7129170
By detailed, I meant they go into detail about why each step is important, which steps are essential and which are open to interpretation. Recipes without detail list the steps as direct instructions and nothing else. What you described would be a vague instruction on what you're aiming for with little advice on how or why to do it, which you could get from eating something or looking at pictures.
>>
>>7129184
Actually I was thinking more like what a lot of the cooking shows do. They basically tell you what ingredients they are using, and the order they go in, and when and how you cook, but they don't tell you how much of each you put it (a lot of cooking shows do tell you that, but a long don't tell you any measurements at all)
>>
File: withabum.png (4 KB, 504x29) Image search: [Google]
withabum.png
4 KB, 504x29
>>7128931
saved
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 646x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 646x542
>>7128931
>>
>ITT: whiny men who don't know how to scroll down
>>
>>7129225
So, what happened to Chris-chan? Is he in jail?
>>
File: 1414651381092.png (1 MB, 1052x1280) Image search: [Google]
1414651381092.png
1 MB, 1052x1280
>>7128465
>muh duration
kek
>>
>>7129241
I normally like Filia's fat ass. This goes too far.
>>
>>7129237
Nah, he got a conditional release. He's free to infect the world with his autism.
That lolcow is so milked he's one of those huge cheap steaks they make out of old dairy cows in texas
>>
>>7127559

>men hate the kitchen
>being a chef is feeding into the patriarchy and oppresses women, as all Chefs are men

Feminist logic.
>>
>>7127651
People with tattoos like that making food grosses me the fuck out. It just looks like their hands are perpetually dirty and encrusted in filth.
>>
>>7129381
just like their personality
just watch the last couple of seconds where he goes "LOOK AT ME! HURGHURGHGUH, FUCK YOU"

you know this guy is an asshole
>>
>>7128807
>more than half the refugees are children
Um, you obviously have not seen the videos of the ALL MALE 18-30 somethings entering Germany. 97%+ men of fighting age. Fuck you and your bullshit blog.
>>
>>7128959
I totally agree, but there's nothing wrong with lamb and chocolate as a combination if done right.
>>
>>7128931
Jesus H. Fucking Christ. I wish this was all some elaborate troll attempt but my gut says it's not. Unless you're writing some parody articles for The Onion delete these and throw your HDD in the furnace.

>>7128936
>he constantly adds unnecessary steps and pointless techniques

This to the extreme. His pancake recipe is fucking ridiculous.
>you gotta separate the yolk from the white
>then slowly temper the yolk with the melted butter
>then gradually reintroduce it into the white/buttermilk mixture

For fuck's sake just mix that shit up, who cares. It's going on the griddle in 2 minutes anyway, having some lumps doesn't make a damn difference. I did it his way several times before just saying fuck it and throwing it all together and mine tasted exactly the same as his convoluted approach.
>>
File: 1287893046855.jpg (8 KB, 189x251) Image search: [Google]
1287893046855.jpg
8 KB, 189x251
>>7128931
>>
>>7129388
You really think someone like that could be bothered to learn facts, let alone watch the news?

>truck full of over 100 dead Syrians found on the roadside
>like 3 women and 4 kids
>96 young adult men fully capable of fighting for their country
>>
File: JamieOliveoil.png (159 KB, 916x260) Image search: [Google]
JamieOliveoil.png
159 KB, 916x260
>>7127563
>>
>>7129416
Does anyone have the Nigel Slater copypasta?
>>
>>7129400
Done right is a fine line anon. I've never seen the combo work ever but maybe someone out there can work a miracle.
>>
>>7128504
If you don't have autism or stunted mental development, why are you here?
>>
>>7129449
the caps lock key is one of the most useless keys
>>
>>7129477
I seriously don't know why modern keyboards have two Ctrl keys. Let alone two Alts. All those F keys up top are pretty much never used too and could go.
>>
>google ten+ versions of a recipe
>cross-reference their ingredients and techniques
>figure out what is important and what is not needed
>make my own recipe from that
>works perfectly every time

I do this all the time. I don't give a shit about anything else other than the recipe.

Oh and there's this. I fucking love this:

https://www.youtube.com/user/jastownsendandson
>>
>>7129525
Pretty much what I do now too. It's a good method.
>>
>>7129543
I like epicurious, what do you recommend?
>>
File: fixed.jpg (134 KB, 1200x444) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
134 KB, 1200x444
>>7129529
Basically just get rid of all that shit above the arrow keys and move it above the number pad and then move everything there to the left. Print screen could fit literally anywhere so it's not a big deal. If you still need arrows just use 1, 2, 3, and 5.
>>
>>7129264
Is that Coco's?
>>
>>7129492
>Let alone two Alts
One of those is Alt Gr though, and if anything the keymap should be expanded to include more characters available through Alt Gr combinations.
>>
>>7129543
It only takes me about 15 minutes max to do all that. It really cuts through all the bullshit too. The sad fact is there is no good recipe source.
>>
File: 1382524045265.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1382524045265.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>7127564
>find a recipe on a blog for a certain soup
>boasts that its vegetarian AND gluten free
>bitch ranting about health and family for several paragraphs
>recipe is below a video at the very bottom of the page
>>
File: 1403457177811.jpg (185 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1403457177811.jpg
185 KB, 800x600
>>7128931
>At least mine is funny right?
No.
>>
>>7129564
>>7129722
holy shit these fucking casuals

just get one of those mac thin keyboards you faggots
>>
>>7129722
That's pretty good. They should also get rid of the ~ key and replace it with a proper ≈.

Also there doesn't need to be two +'s (one above = and on the numpad). Maybe take the one out and shift and = makes ≈, though it still leaves that unneeded ~ to be replaced with something.
>>
>>7128300
He ground it himself from a steak, the chance of e-coli is very low
>>
>>7129564
>>7129722

All these "useless" buttons are there because the people who standardised this design were programmers.

Without separate arrows and a numeric pad you're fucking around a lot with a mouse which is heaps slower when you're editing code or doing data entry. Having crtl and alt on both sides is useful too, especially so for left handers. Caps is used in some best practice naming conventions, name some things in ALL_CAPS, others in camelCase. Pretty sure the only thing you could really, trully get rid of forever would be scrlk.
>>
>>7127651
>ripping open that bag of buns like a savage instead of just untying the twisty

fuck i'm triggered
>>
>>7127783

now you got the right idea :))
chef john is the homie
>>
>>7128881
Sounds like you have some investments in the Knorr line then my friend
>>
>>7130125
I always sorta figured this was just another youtube "chef" like that guy who dumped a bunch of jarred salsa onto burnt eggs, but after checking out a few of his videos, this guy is actually pretty cool. Thanks for some more videos to watch /ck/.
>>
>all these 20-something white women whose husbands work proper jobs so they can stay at home and convince themselves that one day their cooking blog will make them big money because "lots of people have done it"
>>
File: mech.jpg (330 KB, 1600x1065) Image search: [Google]
mech.jpg
330 KB, 1600x1065
>>7129529
>>7129477
>>7129492
>>7129564

hhkb, poker2/poker3 or some of the other mechanical keyboards meet this pretty closely by hiding less used keys with modifiers. Pic related. You can also reassign keys to do different things, depending on the model of keyboard you get.
>>
>>
File: 1397565587123.jpg (131 KB, 1279x720) Image search: [Google]
1397565587123.jpg
131 KB, 1279x720
>>7128954
>>When will someone develop ad block for mobile internet apps

You'rean idiot, we have a variety of those to choose from and we have for a while
>>
File: 20130919-233051.jpg?w=676.jpg (20 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
20130919-233051.jpg?w=676.jpg
20 KB, 230x300
>Decide to make some basic thing I can't remember the recipe of for dinner
>Look it up online
>Recipe 1: 200 g of flour, you can't have too much flour
>Recipe 2: 120 g of flour, be careful not to add too much
>Both are rated 5/5
>>
File: 1447900131919.gif (580 KB, 405x228) Image search: [Google]
1447900131919.gif
580 KB, 405x228
>>7128931
>>
>>7130888

Oh dear, did I hurt your feelings?

Yes you are thick not because you're ignorant but because you have taken no steps to rectify this
Or maybe you have and failed which still makes you stupid
>>
File: laughing ape man.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
laughing ape man.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>7130862
>>
>>7130862
>200 grams flour

British cooking at its finest
>>
>>7127570
>>7127910
>Jamie "Olive oil with FUCKING EVERYTHING" OLIVER
>Jamie "I need some more thyme in this" Oliver
>Jamie "Not enough rosemary" Oliver
>Jaime "Don't need no salt or pepper when I got rosemary" Oliver

Picked the fuck up. Trying a recipe of his ASAP.
>>
>>7128931
There's no way this is real
>>
>>7127651
Say what you will about the guy but I know that neighbourhood and yeah it's kinda shitty and coarse so I get why he projects that image, but he obviously has the technical skills to back up his bravado so it's easy to let slide.
>>
>164 reply thread about male cooks on the internet
>chef john only mentioned 4 times

the man is a treasure
>>
>>7128061
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
>>7128612
i can't believe it

i just watched goodfellas

when i watched scarface all i saw on 4chan was tony montana.

I watched oldboy and the dude's face pops out in three different threads

how is this possible
help /ck/
>>
File: 1420596259640.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1420596259640.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>7129416
>JamieOliveoil
kek
>>
Speaking of recipes what do you guys use to keep track of yours? Currently had a bunch of loose notecards and pages in a box with ingredients and shit scribbled on them. I was thinking of entering everything in a text file but I think that would be messy.
>>
doesn't Jamie Oliver do pseudoscience too?
I can't remember but some TV chef guy was like HERES WHAT MCDONALDS DOES TO THEIR MEAT and just dumped a gallon of ammonia on some brisket or some shit
>>
>>7132384
generally I'll type it up and save it on my computer as a .txt. Tho i've been really lazy sometimes and I'll just take a fucking cellphone picture of the recipe
>>
File: laughincheetah.jpg (97 KB, 585x591) Image search: [Google]
laughincheetah.jpg
97 KB, 585x591
>>7127703
"a li-ul bi of olive oil"
proceeds to dump half a bottle of oil on everything
>>
>>7128891
It does all the seasoning for you and enhances dishes with an authentic taste. You should try it.
>>
>>7132384
Google drive, my man. Can access my recipes even when I'm at a friend's. I make different files for each and they're all searchable
>>
>>7129162
shoulda gone with chinese
>>
>>7132388
>>7132664
I was thinking of doing different files too, thing is I'd like to be able to search by ingredients or something. I'll settle for folders, thanks for the ideas.
>>
>>7132691
like I said, they're searchable in Google drive. As in not just the title, but the contents too.
>>
http://outoftheordinaryfood.com/2013/03/05/parsnip-and-juniper-berry-tart-with-a-walnut-crust/

I can handle tangentially related blog posts along with recipes but this is just
>>
File: 1444915701042.png (1 MB, 1366x1306) Image search: [Google]
1444915701042.png
1 MB, 1366x1306
>>7128931

oh wow lol.

I've seen some cookbooks do this well, (Veganomicon comes to mind but only because I like their sense of humor) but it should probably be kept to a paragraph max.
>>
>>7129102
he raises his voice at the end of every sentence like he is asking a question.
>>
>>7128487
I just scream into the oven.
>>
>>7128931
we just going ignore the chocolate sauce and lamb stuffed peppers.

no way that taste good.
>>
>>7132926
he is a valley girl faggit
>>
>>7128931
This is pretty fucking gay, bro.
>>
>>7128931
>YUM YUM YUM, I WOULDN'T SHARE THIS WITH A BUM!

What the fuck does this mean? Do people actually talk like this?
>>
>>7128931
Jesus fuck m8.
>>
>>7128931
So a bit of constructive criticism no one has mentioned yet: what the fuck audience are you writing for where they've never heard of an "obscure" dish liked stuffed bell peppers, but they're adventurous enough to cook them with lamb and chocolate?
>>
>>7133571

I think you're too late; anon's probably at the bottom on a lake inside a sack full of rocks hugging his 3,000 pages of recipe introductions..
>>
>>7133578
I hope not, it was pretty funny. [spoiler]Just not in the way he was hoping for.[/spoiler] I want him to post others.
>>
>>7127564
this
the only time a preface is justified for a recipe is when it explains the process or research prior done before coming to a conclusion on the recipe. Like if it's about how you figured doing xyz to make during the recipe improved it, that's cool and all. If it's about why you were afraid to serve abc to your kid so you had to get a recipe for abc, fuck off.
>>
>>7133884
How the conversation could've went:
> hurr durr adblocking doesn't exist on phones
> but that's wrong retard
> oh it does? My bad, should have googled it

How the conversation went instead:
> hurr durr adblocking doesn't exist on phones
> but that's wrong retard
> lmao nigger why u so mad loool
>>
>>7134304
yes it's almost like everyone in that argument was retarded or something
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.