[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips for ating spicy food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: beans.jpg (154 KB, 723x960) Image search: [Google]
beans.jpg
154 KB, 723x960
I love spicy food.

However, recently I have not been able to enjoy it because I know the next day I will have awful diarrhea. I dont eat spicy foo on nights before I work, or have other engagements.

Last night I had some Jalapenos on my dinner and I woke up to a BAD stomach ache and quickly took a liquid shit.
Does /ck/ have any tips? anything I can do ahead of time to prevent this? like Pepto-bismol pre or post meal?

>pic unrelated.
>>
>>7127556
You just have to get used to eating spicy food.

>implying cleaning out the basement isn't the best part of spicy food

Nothing like a soul shattering shit after too much Mexican food, I love it.
>>
You will just have to get used to it. Ive never gotten the shits after eating hot foods, and i regularly eat jalapenos as snacks.
>>
>>7127594
>You will just have to get used to it. Ive never gotten the shits after eating hot foods

So basically you have absolutely no experience of my problen so have literally nothing useful to say? Gee... thanks..
>>
>>7127598
>my problen
I'm the OP, dont go implying Im an asshole.
>>
>Jalapenos on my dinner and I woke up to a BAD stomach ache and quickly took a liquid shit

Holy shit, are you sure you aren't allergic or have some sort of capsaicin equivalent to coeliac disease?
>>
>>7127642
I would think not, There were a good amount of peppers on dinner. I can eat a single one and be just fine for the rest of the day/night.

so its a quantity thing id think. like lots of hot buffalo wings do it to me as well
>>
>>7127699
I suck down buffalo wings like a fat person sucks down buffalo wings and my anus is pristine, you've got gut problems son.
>>
>>7127594
Give it time, one day your asshole will give out.
>>
>>7127642
Celiac disease destroys the villae of the small intestine when the intolerant person consumes gluten. Vomiting and diarrhea are the main symptoms.
>>
>>7127562
This.

You kind of get used to it and get a masochistic love for it.

>would eat blazin wings knowing full well it would wake me up at 2 am with lava butt
>thought it was funny anyway
>>
>>7127556
You have a gut health problem. Has nothing to do with "spicy" food.
This is definitely a problem but an easy enough fix.
Make sure to eat plenty of lactofermented foods, preferably homemade but unpasteurized commercial stuff isn't bad (note these will always require refrigeration if it's not refrigerated it's no use to you). Start eating it slowly (tsp a day) and work yourself up in serving size.
Good luck and good gut health.
>>
>>7128386
>lactofermented foods
He means kefir and yogurt.
>>
>>7128470
You can lactoferment vegetables as well and arguably it's the healthiest way to eat vegetables.
Kefir and yogurt, while great, rely on dairy which is kinda gross unless you can source farm fresh stuff. Industrial milk is disgusting.
I know you can get non dairy Kefir strains but I never had as much success with them compared to the dairy Kefir.
Also Kombucha is a fermented product.
Homemade apple cider vinegar is a great fermented product.
>>
I hear you. I put jalapeƱos on a pizza last night and I currently write this from the bathroom at work. At least I'm getting paid right now
>>
>>7127556

Eat more spicy food
>>
>>7127556
More of pic related please.
>>
>>7128484
>>7128484
You realize most people have never heard the term "lactofermented" and based on the word I assume it involves the bacteria that would digest lactose (for the intolerant population). I'm not sold on the gut problem because I can eat spicy foods with and without a liquid shit later, depends on the day.
>>
File: 1444885874675.jpg (21 KB, 480x465) Image search: [Google]
1444885874675.jpg
21 KB, 480x465
>>7127556
>>
>>7128643
No. "lactoferment" comes from fermenting with the Lactobacillus genus of bacteria.
Yes, some do make lactic acid from lactose, galactose etc. Others create lactic acid from the glucose naturally found in plants.
Lactobacillus is incredibly interesting. They have antibacterial, antifungal, anticancer, antitumor effects, they've been used to cure diabetes.
I guarantee your gut isn't as healthy as you think it is.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.