[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I'm looking for a Christmas present for my mother.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: doughnuts.jpg (90 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
doughnuts.jpg
90 KB, 640x480
Hey guys I'm looking for a Christmas present for my mother.

She has gotten diabetes and I thought maybe there's something that I can buy her to enrich her life quality so that the reduction of sugar in her diet isn't too overwhelming. She has no job at the moment and I'm worried she will turn to snacks.

Anyone have any tips for me?
>>
This is a cool idea.
>>
poison her
>>
>>7127487
>>7127488
OP here. I'm a little disappointed in the turnout for this thread.
>>
>>7127637
Give her your sperm served in the uterus
>>
>>7127484
buy her a jar of pickles
women love them and they shouldnt contain too much sugar
>>
File: dont eat me.jpg (101 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
dont eat me.jpg
101 KB, 1200x1600
>>7127640
>>7127641
God damn it guys.
>>
>>7127484
Look for ideas in the low carb paleo/keto community. There's plenty of good options there that are diabetic friendly and most of all delicious. An starter for ideas... http://www.ruled.me/keto-recipes/dessert
>>
>>7127647
http://www.questnutrition.com/cookbook/desserts/peanut-butter-cup-ice-cream/

An another. A good blender/mixer is also a good way to kickstart trying out new things without a lot of hassle. You just need the right mixings but once a person is taught how easy it is to substitute regular sugary crap for coconut flour and flax bread, and splenda and less carbs and bad sugars by themselves then they revel in the independence.
>>
File: coffee.jpg (71 KB, 694x596) Image search: [Google]
coffee.jpg
71 KB, 694x596
>>7127647
>>7127650
Thanks for the tips bro!

I had mostly hoped for something to wrap into a gift though, like a good cook book for diabetics that someone can recommend or something.

I dunno exactly what I'm looking for, just threw my situation out there and hoped someone that had been in a similar situation had something brilliant to tip about.
>>
File: coffee2.jpg (84 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
coffee2.jpg
84 KB, 600x600
bump for last minute suggestions
>>
i might get shit for suggesting this, but maybe a good active relevant subreddit could help you out a little more with this sort of thing.
>>
File: cup of cake.jpg (53 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
cup of cake.jpg
53 KB, 500x666
>>7128251
i dont really know the first thing about reddit but thanks for the advice, perhaps i shall look for one of those tomorrow
>>
>>7128176
Why don't you get her a good cookbook for diabetes sufferers? Or, failing that, a paleo one that will have lots of sugar-free stuff.

Alternately, some really nice tea? Depends on what she likes
>>
File: spuhgooter.jpg (66 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
spuhgooter.jpg
66 KB, 437x437
>>7128176
>>7127811
>>7127484
First, those are adorable.

Second, I'd agree with the cookbook. You could even just find some simple recipes that you think are a perfect fit and have them bound for pretty cheap. Something custom tailored might go over better than a big cookbook, just leave some room at the end for new recipes if she wants to add some in as she tries them.
>>
File: cute yet horrifying.jpg (38 KB, 720x456) Image search: [Google]
cute yet horrifying.jpg
38 KB, 720x456
A cookbook was my first thought as well, was hoping for specific product suggestions ("this one is great anon, here's a link")

>>7129946
Tea sounds pretty good, we have a nice tea shop in town I can ask for help in. I don't think she drinks a lot of tea yet I know she doesn't dislike tea so maybe it could be a new thing for her.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.