[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So anyway I'm not usually on this board but I couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: vegan-pyramid-large.jpg (91 KB, 522x392) Image search: [Google]
vegan-pyramid-large.jpg
91 KB, 522x392
So anyway I'm not usually on this board but I couldn't find the vegan thread so I started one.

I sometimes go vegetarian for a month or so to detox and trim up a little before the next bulk. This time I'm trying vegan to see how I go. So far in 4 days I've lost 3 kg. Usually any change will show some weight loss in the 1st couple of weeks but I'm curious to know how it will go.

tl;dr - Vegan recipe thread
>>
>>7127172
>I'm not usually on this board
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of /ck/ are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>7127179
>Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form
Is it against the rules?
>>
File: 1405544677250.jpg (47 KB, 640x635) Image search: [Google]
1405544677250.jpg
47 KB, 640x635
>>7127179
>You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post.
>>
File: jonmarxman.png (268 KB, 1899x976) Image search: [Google]
jonmarxman.png
268 KB, 1899x976
top kek
>>
>>7127238
No, but we'll think you're a fagatron and not help you.
>>
>vegan

WEW

how about just skip the middle step and kill yourself
>>
Fried water
just dump a cup of water into hot coconut/avocado oil
the oil infuses the water and you get a delicious tea like beverage perfect for drinking on a cold night

or you could activate almonds with it like i do
>>
>>7127172
I don't see any Vitamin B12 pills in that pyramid
>>
This is the stupidest place for vegan threads. /ck/ is mostly alcoholics and people who eat fast food at least 5x a week. You won't get any legit recipes here, very few vegans and a LOT of defensive meat eaters.
>>
>>7127486
>defensive meat eaters.

In what way are people defensive? You can only defend if attacked.
>>
>>7127490
This shit happens every thread even vaguely vegan or vegetarian. People who know they don't eat this way, and know they fucking hate it, fucking hate hearing about it, think it's stupid and unhealthy and unmanly and they're better than it, yet still come in the threads just to shitpost nonstop. If you call out a shitpost, it just turns into meat eaters and vegans posting study wars trying to prove themselves right, and no one gets any goddamn recipes. What's the point? If you hate McDonalds, why would you go in every McDonalds thread to make jokes about lelamerifats ull get diabetes kill urself? It's just so pointless and stupid. Idek why I'm doing an autistic rant about this right now, I'm just irritated that vegan/vegetarian threads are blacklisted on /c/k because meat eaters are incapable of not triggering themselves
>>
>>7127492

I wouldn't even care if there were decent points made. Have a look at this post >>7127466. This is this guys best argument about people who choose not to hurt animals.Come up with something evocative senpai
>>
>>7127172
Is that pyramid a healthy vegan diet? I feel like I'd eat legumes more than "moderately" just to get my protein.

OP I suggest lentil soup.

Oil
2 onion
2-3 garlic cloves
3-4 carrots
Celery root or 3-4 celery stalks
500g Lentils (I suggest puy or pardina)
Bay leaf
Salt
Water

Cut up your onion and garlic and cook them until soft with oil of your choice. Add in the carrots and celery and cook for ~5 minutes. Add the lentils, bay leaf, salt and water. Bring to a boil then simmer until everything is tender.
>>
>>7127172
First of all, welcome to /ck/!

Secondly, kill yourself.
>>
>>7127172
>I sometimes go vegetarian for a month or so to detox and trim up a little before the next bulk.
>implying meat is toxic and fattening
This is the sort of passive aggression that makes meat eaters get defensive.

>>7127492
So now you know.
>>
>>7127522
That's honestly just being hyper defensive. Reading a post about a topic you don't like for the sole purpose of trying to get offended. SJWs do the same shit you know.

There are many other posts about exclusionary diets that don't have this issue. Keto threads aren't nearly as bad even though many have the same premise (detox + trim up) and cut out major food sources. It's like people just hear vegan and instantly start wilding out because MUH VEGANS R PREACHY AND ANNOYING, I NEED TO GO BE PREACHY AND ANNOYING IN THEIR THREAD AND TELL THEM HOW WRONG THEY ARE! SINCE THAT'S WHAT ALL VEGANS DO! I'LL SHOW THEM! You're doing the same things you complain about.
>>
Firstly, kill yourselves.

Secondly, how can lentil soup be made to taste hearty without meat? Every time I try, it ends up watery and gross. Would adding MSG help?
>>
>>7127571
Lots and lots of minced onion.

Get a mound of onion with plenty of oil going in a wide saucepan. Spread it evenly & let it bubble.
When the color begins to brown, turn off the heat & get whatever salt/spices/herbs you want & start mixing them in.
Once everything is mixed with the onion you can add this to your lentils.
>>
>>7127571

use vegan options that add to it, like coconut milk, garlic, onions, tomato paste and certain spices and other such.

my lentil stew recipe, not really a soup

finely mince onions, garlic and ginger
chop fresh red and green chilies
mix spices: cinnamon, cardamom, dried ginger, mustard powder, cumin, onion/garlic powder, other such stuff
heavy oil on pan, add spices, let cook up into a spicy mud
soften onions in it
add ginger, garlic, chili
let it all soften and cook up a bit
add drained lentils
add coconut milk, lime juice, tomato paste
let reduce to desired consistency
salt and pepper
serve with rice or whatever you wish.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.