[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aldi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
File: aldi.jpg (225 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
aldi.jpg
225 KB, 800x450
All of what you see here cost me $29 at Aldi.

So I did some price math. Pic related would have cost me around $46 at Walmart and $57 at Publix.

You have no excuse.
>>
File: not bad.jpg (22 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
not bad.jpg
22 KB, 288x288
I loved Aldi. They used to be kinda ghetto, but they stepped up their game and I used to shop there for most of my groceries before going anywhere else for special items.

I visited Germany once and saw that Aldi has a sister company called "Lido" which is essentially the same fucking place, only full of German name brands instead of American/European.

I moved to seattle and we don't have them here. I miss them. Good score, OP.
>>
File: DentedCan.jpg (27 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
DentedCan.jpg
27 KB, 267x400
>>7126724
Might as well mention that they had a half price on all damaged cans and boxes. If there was a dent in a box or a can, it was half off. Not ashamed to admit that I damaged a few myself to get half off.
>>
File: 1401129031240.jpg (159 KB, 627x468) Image search: [Google]
1401129031240.jpg
159 KB, 627x468
>>7126735
Pretty good for 4 bucks, too.
>>
>>7126734
The aldi I go to, when I'm in line, the cashier always asks how they are paying. Most say EBT.

Obamaconomy
>>
>>7126724
Almost all of that is junk food. The savings for proper food when comparing Aldi to other places are substantially less convincing, at least in Australia.
>>
I pay more so I don't have to worry about getting shanked while I pay for my cart carrying my own bags that I will have to bag my fucking groceries in.
>>
DOES ALDI HAVE GOOD WATER? I saw a 24 pack of water being sold there for only 2.50, and it seemed like good quality water. Just wanted to know.
>>
I miss shopping at Publix, but I can't keep my budget there.
Aldi's pretty great, I stay at or below my food budget, and the employees are neat and friendly.
>>
>>7126748
Their Spring water is amazing. Best water I've ever tasted Purified, not so great. Good though.

Also, their orange juice is the best I've ever had.
>>
>>7126750

Good to know. I usually went to BJ's and Sams Club for water, and a 35 pack of their best waters usually ran me 4.50 each. I would've gotten the other waters which are like 3 bucks each, but I'm worried about the quality, and I don't know if it's worth it boiling anything out of them before use, so what I usually do is save a 35 pack of the cheapest water and use it for boiling coffee.

It sucks not having good water from the tap.
>>
>>7126741
Pretty much this...its aweome if you dont mind parallel imports from poor asian countries, they claim they have all this australian grown/ made produce but its the minority of their products. im a firm believer in supporting australian products/ producers and thats kinda difficult to do at aldi. also, having someone pack your bags for you instead of just throwing your shit into a pile is nice, hell...all the cashiers at all the aldis ive been to just look like they hate the world and would welcome death. Not to mention at my local woolies and coles, hell even the iga the staff treat you like a human being instead of an inconvenience is a nice upside to not shopping at aldi...

So yeah, i kinda do have an excuse, many of them in fact. now op get the fuck outta here you aldi shill!!
>>
My excuse is that I'm nowhere near an Aldi, but right down the road from a Kroger.
>>
File: 1391483441332.jpg (45 KB, 210x180) Image search: [Google]
1391483441332.jpg
45 KB, 210x180
>>7126724
>boxed mashed potatoes
>>
>>7126724
Damn I want some corn dogs.
>>
>>7126734
It's called Lidl, and is of far better quality than Aldi. Both are fine tho', for your basic groceries. I would prefer Lidl over Aldi anyday tbqfhwy

But why not both? There's 2 Aldi's and 3 Lidl's in my town, which is populated by ~35k people. So we got enough Deutsch options.
>>
>>7126724
You could have got that for half if you just bought all that shit it it's original un-repackaged form.
>>
Is that cheap in the state?

Here in straya Aldi is competitive to our local supers or even more expansive.

More so, they don't even give you plastic bags for your items which turns me off a bit.
>>
Where I live, there's an Aldi and a local Mexican grocer in the same lot so I can go to Aldi for all my dry goods and meat and then go to the grocer for produce and cheap Mexican shit.

Truly there is no better than this.
>>
>gluten free cereal
>no gluten free everything else

Triggered.
>>
>>7126740

Now I'm just saying that if someone is going to be on welfare, I'd really appreciate the fact that they are purchasing food from a very low cost grocery chain that sells plenty of fresh veg etc. The people who use it in gas stations and whole foods are the ones worth getting judgemental about. I'd be happy to see anyone on ebt at Aldis.
>>
>>7126735
>Not ashamed to admit that I damaged a few myself to get half off.

that's smart, thanks
>>
fuck I miss living down the street from an Aldis
>>
>toaster tarts
kek
>>
>>7127051
Maybe they just like that kind of cereal?
My box of Chex says "gluten-free" on it. Idgaf, I just love Chex.
>>
>>7126922
>He doesn't use boxed mashed potatoes as a soup thickener
>>
>>7126735
>Not ashamed to admit that I damaged a few myself to get half off.
Have fun with metal poisoning, if you store them too long.
>>
What the fuck's an Aldi and where can I find them?
(American South)
>>
File: Bc2MW2M.jpg (46 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
Bc2MW2M.jpg
46 KB, 500x366
>>7127129
>>
>>7126734

Lidl is better than aldi in quality. You can buy some cool things like kangaroo or deer meat.

But the charcuterie and chesse are shit in both.

A lidl catalog if you want to see by yourself : http://catalogue.lidl.fr/ee774d44-abaa-4e3f-bd47-309291927235/#/1
>>
>>7126740
>I'm not old enough to remember a time when there was a different president, but I'm gonna blame the current one for poor people anyway
child detected. please start raging about minorities now so I can report you for underage.
>>
File: pepe5.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pepe5.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
ALDI SUD MASTER RACE
>>
>>7127129

It's a store that britbongs consider high quality, but is just a level above convenience store/gas station food in the States.

It's where people too poor to drive to Walmart shop.
>>
>>7126922
Not him, but I use it in baking and for making potato croquettes, potato gnocchi/dumplings and gattò, a type of mashed-potato-based casserole. For mashed potatoes meant to be eaten as mashed potatoes, I just mash some fucking potatoes.

>>7127115
That sounds horrible. You ought to be ashamed.

>>7126735
Neither of the two Aldi locatoins in my area does this. One marks down all the import stuff because it's in a black area and blacks don't buy things with umlauts. The other marks down all sorts of things at random, but not damaged goods.
>>
>>7126740
I work 35-40hrs a week and still qualify for a hefty amount of food stamps. And they come in handy. Please go kill yourself.
>>
>>7127671
>sounds horrible
How?
>>
>>7126824
Woolworths spider, pls go
>>
>>7126724

Every time I get groceries at Aldi's I get sick, so, no.
>>
>>7127027

lidl/penny for cheap basic stuff
rewe for meat/cheese
>>
>>7126724
>You have no excuse.

My excuse is I like food that's edible
>>
>>7126724
The Aldis here are filled with muslims and unemployed people. I'd rather pay premium than going near those people.
>>
Jesus fuck OP, how fat are you? I counted 5, maybe 6 things that are actually real food. The rest is junk.
>>
>>7126724
this shit would cost you almost 50$? I thought food was cheap in America
>>
>>7128560
OBLY DA BENIS :DD
>>
>all that premade packaged non-food shit
This is /ck/, not /g/
>>
Things you bought at Aldi that I actually eat:
lettuce, chicken (but not breast; I buy whole or leg quarters), raspberries (? or are they tomatoes?), maple syrup (Aldi has the lowest price around now that they've destroyed Bottom Dollar), bananas, peanut butter, onion (though I don't buy them at Aldi), coffee (but not from Aldi) and mashed potato flakes.
Not sure what the cans are, but I buy canned peas, canned beans and canned beets. Also canned tomatoes, but not from Aldi. The other cans might be, but not tomatoes. Never tomatoes.

Do you know how to cook? I mean like legit cook, not 'follow a recipe' cook? If so, you can shop discounted produce and stuff and cook according to what's cheapest that you're willing to actually use. Because of that, many of my meals generally coss less than a buck per serving.

Also
>dat pet food bowl
cat or dog?
>>
I shopped at Aldi almost exclusively in college. It's the perfect place to buy milk, eggs, canned products, basic vegetables, and basic meat. Their avacados and pomegranates were like a third of the price of Walmart. I'm pretty upset that the closest one to my new apartment is like 20 minutes away.

Would it be worth driving there every week to stock up? Yes. But I'm more easily tempted by the Harris Teeter, Trader Joe's, and Walmart that are right next to my complex.
>>
Your food was cheap because you got a load of shitey food.
>instant mashed potatoes
Do you have any idea how easy it is to boil and mash potatoes? Leave the skin on if you really can't be bothered to peel them.
>>
File: 1444344437610.jpg (42 KB, 495x636) Image search: [Google]
1444344437610.jpg
42 KB, 495x636
All of my older relatives won't listen to me when I tell them about Aldi.

These old faggots literally ragequit an entire chain of grocery stores because they forgot a quarter on their first trip or were offended at having to buy grocery bags.

My Mother-in-law spends $400 a month to feed her and her spouse--I spend that much on 4 people!

>MFW Aldi isn't too close, so I will cheat and go to the local Winn-dixie if I need something on short notice
>Milk is $3.60 a gallon
>Go to Aldi 2 days later
>Milk is $2.90

I just get angrier every time. $0.70 is the cost of half a bag of chips at Aldi.
>>
>>7126724
fuck's sake op, how can you eat that stuff? pull your shit together and learn how to cook some real food not that canned and bagged garbage.

also:
>Aldi
poorfag Syrian refugee detected
enjoy your €30 a week (oh wait, you are)
>>
quality of everything in aldi is fucking shit though.

also good luck finding anything outside your local shit.

>finding non-britshit supplies in aldi

good fucking luck.
>>
>>7126724
>You have no excuse.
I have a very good excuse. The only product in your pic that I would actually buy is the red onions.
>>
>>7126824
I find the checkout chicks similar at aldi and woolies, just the aldi ones get it done in half the time, which is enough of a reason for me to shop there. The fact most aldi products I buy are about half the price of woolies is just a nice bonus.
>>
>>7126724
nice meme lettuce
>>
I like Aldi and all, but you bought a lot of fucking garbage. Corndogs? Box macaroni and salt? Potato flakes? Poptarts? Premade fried rice?

Take better care of yourself Anon.
>>
File: 1443416706215.png (203 KB, 447x447) Image search: [Google]
1443416706215.png
203 KB, 447x447
>>7127671
The Stop and Shop in my area does this too. Though I don't buy badly dented cans of course, they also offer the same thing from their produce section. Getting a bag of 6-8 apples for $2 isn't a bad of a deal.
>>
>>7127036
Hell yes
>>
File: kelcejerkoff.gif (3 MB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
kelcejerkoff.gif
3 MB, 400x293
Tfw all the fat memelords from highschool post about the aldi that just opened in our town.

Tfw its all junkfood and garbage produce that has no flavor compared to kroger (especially blueberries)
>>
>>7131014

This.

Aldi sells nothing but subpar produce/meat and formula food.

It's basically punishing poor people for being failures by poisoning their bodies with cheap, refined, chemical enhanced garbage.

I have to travel to the ghetto of poughkeepsie to even see an Aldi, I'm grateful to have a successful business and food budget to go to farmers markets and Adams Fairacre farms without a spending limit.

It's scientifically proven the IQs of children raised in poverty are significantly lower than average children from average backgrounds. Threads like this remind me that going to college, working hard and taking calculated risks are worth the stress.
>>
>>7127000
I ain't ya dog
>>
>>7126724
My excuse is it's fucking way too busy all the time
>>
>>7128760

Except animal products would be the fucking last thing you should get at Aldi.
>>
i like their clancy white fudge pretzels
>>
>>7128782
Shit son, a gallon whole milk at my Aldi costs $1.19 right now, and the highest I've seen is $1.49.
>>
>>7127051
>tfw Celiac
Aldi's brand of gluten free shit blows a lot of what I've eaten out of the water.

Thank you for soft affordable bread that won't make me shit to death, Aldi.
>>
>>7126748
its great

i just take packs of them and just leave them in my room and can empty it out in about a week
>>
>>7126724
>buy their chicken legs
>they had deal where they were 88 cents a pound.
>limit was 2
>went to another location and got two more.

Also, I love their fucking brands, literally almost everything I pick up says gluten free, and since I have been going to aldi's and getting gluten free food, I have actually been having solid bowel movement for the first time in years.

I guess I have gluten problem?

If only I still like coca cola I wouldn't need to go to another store to pick up mountain dew.

>their pizzas gluten free

I kid you not I would buy pizzas from other store (frozen) and have hot runs like lava was coming out of my ass. Then buy a pizza from aldis no problem what so ever.

TFW they don't have clancy onion ring chips, I would prefer those over funyons.
>>
>>7126750
On the OJ do you mean natures nectar?
I get their.. I think its called tangy orange juice.

Love this shitt
>>
>>7132984
Agree, same fag from here >>7133617
I have eaten a lot of their brands, and its more pleasant to eat (like their version of captain crunch, and on their version of funyon chips)
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.