[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What goes good with eggnog? Share some recipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 400x250
What goes good with eggnog? Share some recipes
>>
some sort of alcohol
>>
Brandy or cognac.

Pour egg nog in a glass, pour in some brandy/cognac, grate some nutmeg on top.
>>
>>7126321
>>7126322
>pouring alcohol into an already delicate balance of alcohol and cream

You're gonna curdle that shit, brehs.
>>
>>7126329
I know this Canadian dude that follows his shots of brown liquor with milk
>>
nothing, because eggnog is crap
>>
>>7126329
Most egg nog you find at the supermarket doesn't already have alcohol in it.
>>
>>7126356
>Most White Russians you find at the supermarket doesn't already have alcohol in it

Eggnog is a cocktail, if there's no alcohol then it's not eggnog.
>>
File: Ricky.jpg (14 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
Ricky.jpg
14 KB, 400x268
>>7126346
>>
File: PM-PEACH-BRANDY-375.jpg (103 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
PM-PEACH-BRANDY-375.jpg
103 KB, 200x250
Has anyone tried flavored brandy with eggnog? I feel like peach would go great with it.
>>
>>7126363
then what is the shit sold in stores?
>>
>>7126374
Nasty preservatives with a hint of nutmeg.
>>
>>7126371

That stuff is REALLY sweet, just letting you know before you buy it
>>
File: TheBest.jpg (349 KB, 800x1018) Image search: [Google]
TheBest.jpg
349 KB, 800x1018
>>7126374
"Non-alcoholic eggnog"

But yeah OP, you're gonna want to use brandy, cognac, rum, whiskey, or something similar like Southern Comfort. I never hear of anyone doing anything with eggnog outside of putting it in desserts, like eggnog milkshakes, eggnog cheesecake, eggnog cookies, etc.
>>
>>7126407
best brand
>>
TIL Eggnog is meant to be alcoholic
>>
mix it with milk.

like 30% milk, 70% egg nog. or add just enough milk to dilute the extreme richness and sugar.
>>
>Eggnog, or egg nog (About this sound pronunciation (helpĀ·info)), also known as egg milk punch,[1][2] is a chilled, sweetened, dairy-based beverage traditionally made with milk and/or cream, sugar, and whipped eggs (which gives it a frothy texture). Spirits such as brandy, rum or bourbon are often added.

Alcohol is not required to be eggnog.
>>
Fucking HOMEMADE EGGNOG, that's what! Fucking do it yourself and never put up with that store bought toxic scum again!

6 fucking eggs
1 fucking quart (4 cups) milk
1 cup cream (fucking heavy cream - yes, you can jerk off in it if you want)
1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) sugar -- SUGAR, not fucking Nutrasweet
1 tablespoon (3 teaspoons) vanilla extract -- REAL vanilla, not fucking imitation
1/2 fucking teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup booze, whatever the fuck you want -- but flavored liquors like whiskey, brandy, rum, and bourbon go best

In a large bowl, fucking beat the shit out of the eggs eggs using a mixer (a hand mixer will do because it lets off stress, but you can do it the pussy way and use an electric mixer). Add your fucking milk and cream, and mix. Toss in the fucking the sugar, and mix more until it's completely absorbed. Continue beating until you're fucking tired of beating it and the mixture thickens. Add booze, vanilla and nutmeg, and it fucking better be REAL vanilla. Continue mixing until the specks of nutmeg are nearly gone, when you're wondering how much longer do you have to fucking mix this. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled (at least three hours). What you got here is 1 1/2 quarts of eggnog. Once you drink this, you will NEVER, FUCKING NEVER put up with that fucking pussy cum sold in stores as "eggnog."
>>
I hated store bought eggnog my whole childhood. Always too thick and nearly undrinkable. then i became of age and mixed it with bourbon. bam! wow! suddenly delicious! now thats a holiday drink!
>>
>>7126584
Eggnog novice here. Just had my first taste (store bought) of it a couple days ago. Other recipes I see have you separate the yolks from the whites. Yours is the only recipe I've seen so far where you don't. Why is that? Also which liquor would you suggest I use? I don't drink often. I'm thinking rum.
>>
>>7126581
Good to know, thanks.
>>
>>7126655

Don't separate the yolks because you don't have to. This gives a really thick and rich eggnog, and it doesn't matter if you have separated yolks and whites. You're just mixing and chilling it, not baking. Drinking raw egg is always risky, but life has risks. I've made this every year and no one's gotten sick from it yet. Also, the traditional liquor is like it says - brandy, whiskey, rum, bourbon. I like Captain Morgan in mine, though brandy goes good as well.
>>
>>7126704
You can always use pasteurized eggs if you're worried about getting sick.
>>
>>7126581
>Traditional eggnog is made of milk or cream, sugar, raw eggs, an alcoholic spirit, and spices, often vanilla or nutmeg.
>Ready-made eggnog versions are seasonally available with different spirits, or without alcohol, to be drunk as bought or used as "mixes" with all the ingredients except the liquor, to be added as desired.
>The "nog" part of its name may stem from the word noggin, a Middle English term for a small, carved wooden mug used to serve alcohol.
>One very early example (published in 1800): "The American travellers, before they pursued their journey, took a hearty draught each, according to custom, of egg-nog, a mixture composed of new milk, eggs, rum, and sugar, beat up together;..."
>In Britain, the drink was popular mainly among the aristocracy. Those who could get milk and eggs mixed it with brandy, Madeira or sherry to make a drink similar to modern alcoholic egg nog.
>Since brandy and wine were heavily taxed, rum from the Triangular Trade with the Caribbean was a cost-effective substitute. The inexpensive liquor, coupled with plentiful farm and dairy products, helped the drink become very popular in America.

Eggnog is meant to be alcoholic. "Non-alcoholic eggnog" is exactly that, and the lack of alcohol bears mentioning.
>>
File: Untitled.png (318 KB, 960x998) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
318 KB, 960x998
>>7126581
Eggnog is literally a Posset cocktail with the wine swapped out for brandy, every single period recipe has brandy and later rum once it took off in the New World.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131203015106/http://recipewise.co.uk/egg-nog
>>
>>7126363
Eggnog is not a cocktail you fucking retard
>>
>>7126793
>brandy
>rum
>milk
>cream
>eggs
>spice

That's two liquors, sounds like a cocktail to me
>>
>>7126797
That's not the sole recipe for eggnog

Shockingly
>>
>>7126807
You mean like the recipes without any alcohol? That shit ain't eggnog.
>>
>>7126810
Except it is

Sorry your autism doesn't allow you to comprehend such a simple concept
>>
>make home made eggnog for the first time
>cancerous room mate loves eggnog
>give him some
>he spits it out and dumps the glass
>why did you put alcohol in it?

fuck that guy
>>
>>7126812
So I guess the coffee flavoured milk is a White Russian now? Great.
>>
>>7126816
No

Sorry your autism still can't comprehend something so simple

Not all Eggnog is alcoholic

A White Russian is specifically alcoholic

I mean is this really hard to crunch in your mind? Are you rubbing your head with both your hands?
>>
>>7126827
>Not all Eggnog is alcoholic
>A White Russian is specifically alcoholic

Nice doublespeak.
Either both are or neither.
>>
>>7126827
nigger, it is an alcoholic beverage by default
that's why on every box there is the stipulation where it says "non-alcoholic"
just like beer, which is alcoholic by default has "non-alcoholic" versions specifically labeled so

might as well call cranberry juice with water a cape cod while you're at it
>>
>>7126830
Being intentionally obtuse doesn't make you any less autistic

And wrong

Feel free to give me the universal definition that eggnog is strictly alcoholic
>>
>>7126837
I already did. The one being obtuse and wrong here is you.
>>
>>7126836
>its an alcoholic beverage default

Why do people think that talking in pretentious absolutes somehow means they're correct?

>that's why on every box, there is the stipulation where it says non-alcoholic

That's not even remotely true

Beer and non-alcoholic beer have legal definitions and standards regarding alcohol content
>>
File: 1344303964405.gif (453 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1344303964405.gif
453 KB, 400x225
>>7126830
>non sequitur
>>
>>7126840
>I already did

Again. Your autistic rambling doesn't count. You haven't given anything
>>
>>7126830
You don't know what doublespeak means either
>>
>>7126849
I gave you historic and period sources, you gave me autism and bile.
>>
>>7126842
if I gave enough of a fuck I could absolutely make a firm legal argument for a government regulatory body to step in and demand the same standards for eggnog

eggnog is an alcoholic drink, spirits are a main flavoring componant and all non-alcoholic brands are using artifical rum and brandy flavorings in their product. deal with it
>>
>>7126853
You didn't give anything that verifies your claims

You have traditional recipes, not a universal recipe

Is the beer from Egyptian times the same as we have today? No

But of course you're still incapable of understanding such simple things and have to flaunt off your pretentiousness to look as snooty as possible
>>
>>7126856
>if I gave enough of a fuck

In other words, you don't have an argument

You're not even arguing at this point, you're just saying shit that simply isn't true

>all non-alcoholic brands

All brands

>are using artificial rum and brandy flavorings in their product

Again, you're not even close to being right

I wonder what it's like to think you know about something and be such an ass about it, and you end up being completely wrong about it?
>>
>>7126830
is this bait
>>
So... is soy milk or almond milk not milk?
>>
File: image.jpg (221 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221 KB, 1600x1064
>>7126584
Sounds good, thx f.am
>>
>>7126866
>All brands
now you're actually enough of a retard to suggest there is no such thing as alcoholic eggnog being sold in stores? sorry you aren't old enough to buy booze yet, but trust me there are plenty.
>>
>>7126881
>now you're actually enough of a retard to suggest there is no such thing as alcoholic eggnog being sold in stores

That's alcoholic eggnog :)
>>
>>7126873
They're soy milk and almond milk
>>
>>7126886
opinion invalidated

sorry about your thread OP
>>
>>7126903
Nice argument, fuckface

You literally decline an argument that is the exact same as yours

Feel free to give those sources that say eggnog is strictly alcoholic :)
>>
File: eggnog.png (11 KB, 589x255) Image search: [Google]
eggnog.png
11 KB, 589x255
Jesus Christ, guys. Eggnog is meant to be alcoholic. It is obviously historically alcoholic, and at the very least it is still commonly alcoholic. Sure, people do say "Eggnog" when they should say "Non-alcoholic Eggnog", but that's inaccurate. Totally understandable, but still inaccurate. I guess common misapplication has made the necessity of alcohol in eggnog ambiguous in recent years.
It's like calling a Rum & Coke a Cuba Libre. If it doesn't have lime, it's not a Cuba Libre.
>>
>>7127300
That's like arguing flour tortillas aren't tortillas simply because they came way later than corn tortillas
>>
File: ItDoesntSayAlcoholicEggnog.jpg (361 KB, 792x1024) Image search: [Google]
ItDoesntSayAlcoholicEggnog.jpg
361 KB, 792x1024
>>7127302
A flour tortilla is a kind of tortilla. Just calling it a tortilla is fine, but it's inaccurate. "Non-alcoholic Eggnog" is a kind of eggnog, sure. But just calling it eggnog is inaccurate.
>Here's the thing. You said a jackdaw is a crow, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the crow family crows, which means you'd call blue jays, ravens, and other birds crows, too. It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?
>>
>>7127329
That tortilla is inaccurate because that is not an omelette.
>>
File: eggnog.jpg (81 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
eggnog.jpg
81 KB, 500x375
Make your own eggnog age it for a like a year never buy that store shit again. Unless you need some for kids or something. Then get some of this shit. If it's good enough for huell howser it's god damn good enough for you fu/ck/s.
>>
>>7126319
Meyer's unspiced rum. 1part rum 2part eggnog. Merry Christmas!
>>
File: screamingbaby.jpg (24 KB, 273x300) Image search: [Google]
screamingbaby.jpg
24 KB, 273x300
>tfw pregnant
>tfw I'm the only person I know that can drink lots of eggnog straight
>tfw I'm the only one in the senpai that won't get to have any eggnog this year
>>
>>7126814
Is he a fucking muslim or some shit?
>>
>>7126566
This is bait.
>>
File: 1431000904691.jpg (760 KB, 640x8190) Image search: [Google]
1431000904691.jpg
760 KB, 640x8190
>>7126584
Hello Tyler.
>>
>>7128493
Please refrain from mentioning your sex and/or gender while visiting /ck/. Although you may not be aware of this (although I think you are), many people posting on 4chan are not in an intimate relationship.

Therefore, referring to your femininity can be highly offensive to others, as they visit /ck/ to have fun and intellectual discourse, not to be reminded of their shortcomings (as perceived by society).

I hope you remember this in the future and refrain from using any key words that can be used as gender identifiers. It really is not that much to ask and will prevent threads from degenerating into flame/troll disasters.

Some of us also choose to be single and our virginity is not a badge of shame. The inherent superficial and highly opportunistic behavior of women is not attractive to every male, and therefore we do not have to be constantly reminded of your kind while on /ck/. It is not necessary and can be considered, "attention whoring" (a very just term).

Thank you very much,

- /ck/
>>
>>7128642

lol wow
>>
>>7128642
This copy pasta always makes me sad because there are actually people like this.
>>
>>7128728
check out wizardchan
>>
File: digimom.png (19 KB, 366x342) Image search: [Google]
digimom.png
19 KB, 366x342
>>7128642
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.