[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spanish Rice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: mexican-culture.jpg (47 KB, 450x403) Image search: [Google]
mexican-culture.jpg
47 KB, 450x403
I want Spanish Rice, /ck/. How do I make it like a true Mexican?
>>
For mine, I usually saute some chopped onion in oil, add some garlic, cumin and chili powder and the rice, let the rice brown a bit then add salsa and chicken stock and simmer until done.
>>
>>7125785
Would a can of tomatoes and some Jalapenos work well to substitute the salsa? I don't have salsa, and I'm too lazy to go out to the store.
>>
>>7125789
Yeah, that would work. I usually just make some salsa and put like half a cup of it in with the chicken stock as the cooking liquid. I've made it before using just plain tomato sauce as well, but I prefer crushed or stewed tomatoes to get some chunks of tomato in there.

If it's fresh jalapenos you plan to use, I would chop a couple of them up and saute with the onions at the start before you put the rice in, then add the canned tomatoes and stock or water.
>>
>>7125820
Yep that was my plan. Hopefully it goes well.
>>
>>7125827
I'm sure it will. There's plenty of recipes if you google it, just avoid the obviously shitty ones that tell you to use ketchup and shit like that.
>>
i think u mean mexican rice op
>>
>spanish and mexican are the same thing
>>
>>7125912
Spanish people don't even eat rice. They eat hummus
>>
File: paella.jpg (239 KB, 725x482) Image search: [Google]
paella.jpg
239 KB, 725x482
>>7125915
>what is paella
>>
Well, at least we had a bit of a constructive conversation before the shitposters showed up.
>>
>>7125778
Spanish rice you would add tomatoes and meat and sausage and seafood and olives along with saffron and other spices.

Mexican you would eat slightly off color long grain rice with soupy black beans, hopefully with cilantro and pork, hopefully covered with some kind of pork in a spicy brown sauce/
>>
I saute with oil 1c. rice, wait til it gets light brown, then add in half an onion. Once the rice is a deep brown i throw in garlic, 1/3-1/2 can of tomato sauce, cayenne, cumin and a tbsp of chicken bullion powder. Toast that a bit and throw in 2c. water, cover, simmer, 20 min later wa-la.

But this is basic, since I like my rice to be just salty/tomato-y/stock-y cuz I use it the rest of the week for lots of shit.
>>
Just make rice and throw in whatever the fuck you want OP.
I've lived in Spain for several years and tried many paella's all over the country. They are all made differently and Spanish people have no real proper way to make it, Spanish people will argue about many of the ingredients mentioned here, whilst others will be amazed at how a foreigner knew what to add.

There is no right or wrong with paella.
>>
>>7125932

A clusterfuck that's a pain to eat apparently. Who would want to have to dig around those shells?
>>
>>7127448
>Dig out shells to the side of the plate
>enjoy rice
>help yourself to a shell throughout the meal

It may just be an American problem but in Europe we don't use a spade to shovel food into our mouths as fast as we can without looking at what we are eating.
>>
>>
>>
>>7127501
Those things aren't too bad. I add peas and some chicken.
>>
>>7125778
to get the authentic experience make sure to get some cartel guys to break into your house and behead you while cooking.
>>
> Spanish rice

My fucking sides
>>
File: rice toasting.jpg (271 KB, 670x447) Image search: [Google]
rice toasting.jpg
271 KB, 670x447
you gotta toast the rice a bit. just the tiniest hint of golden brown on 50% of the grains.

you definitely gotta be gentle and not take it too far. if you over-toast, the grains won't hold their shape and the insides will explode as they cook.
>>
>>7127448
You're a fuckin' retard if you can't get around some simple shells.
>>
>>7127648
That's the Colombian necktie.
>>
>>7127448
It's God tier you idiot.

>>7127451
Most Americans love it
>>
>>7127982
We just go for the feed bags and make fun of you eurofags for thinking that you're so much higher and mightier than us poor fuck Americans.

You know that you're twats, when you stop sucking up to islamics then might get a seat at the table. Until that happens you might want to shut the fuck up.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.