[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: british-tea.jpg (1 MB, 1890x1312) Image search: [Google]
british-tea.jpg
1 MB, 1890x1312
Tea General

Are there any good Cyber Monday deals?
>>
Misty peaks is having a 50% off Sale. Coupon code Is stockup
>>
>>7125669
Fuck yeah, I love pu'erh. It's like the Scotch of teas.
>>
>>7125679
Lapsang Souchong is a better analogue to the peatbomb experience
>>
Adagio has free shipping - any order, any size.
>>
>>7126479
Any recommendations from there? I was thinking of picking up some of their masala Chai.
>>
>>7125679
Puer is actually the fine/expensive wine of tea.
>>
im a coffee guy and i have no idea where to get quality teas.
>>
>>7128078
The best tea is made by yourself.
You have to buy fresh leaves and roast them yourself. Anything else is stale by the time it gets to your cup.
>>
>>7128143
that seems like it might be the end game but i want to start a little slower
>>
>>7128078
The other anon is a filthy liar, tea isn't like coffee and buying fresh leaf to process yourself will only end in tears.

What kind of tea/flavors do you like? I can help point you to a few types and sites.
>>
>>7128449
Not the coffee anon, but I was wondering if you had any suggestions for rooibos flavors or where to get a nice Chai blend?
>>
>>7125642
i'm a pretty heavy coffee drinker but i'm deciding to cut down my consumption as it's getting sort of out of hand (32oz black a day).

what's a good jumping off point for tea? how do you guys make your teas? what's a good online retailer for tea?
>>
>>7128449
coffee anon here
whenever i drink tea its usually as a break from coffee so I usually have a tetley green tea, nothing special. however the one REAL tea that i've had and I will say I loved is a green mint tea from Tunisia served with pine nuts, very sweet. from what I've read the north africans usually use chinese green tea.
please forgive my ignorance.
>>
>>7128993
If you're in the US or Canada David's is pretty entry level. I like better than Teavana

https://www.davidstea.com/
>>
>>7129272
The green mint tea you had was likely loaded with sugar, that's the style for that region. That said you can get loose leaf green tea and brew it ~180F for 1-2 minutes for a less bitter cup than what you're likely used to
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.