[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tips for best tomato based pasta sauce? i always throw some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
tips for best tomato based pasta sauce?

i always throw some pork neckbones in with it. this comes from my moms side of the family. she had 8 siblings and were poor as fuck. so that was their meat.

i usually make a massive pot of sauce that lasts a couple dinners after i freeze whats left.
>>
>>7125304
Weren't those image macros supposed to be ironic?
Or is the joke that they're supposed to be ironic but aren't?
>>
File: spag_bol.jpg (64 KB, 583x385) Image search: [Google]
spag_bol.jpg
64 KB, 583x385
>>7125304
There was an episode of No Reservations, and one of the crew members invited 'tony to his mother's house for some 'sta. She used a couple bottles of what looked like tomato juice. Then she loaded it down with Italian sausages, pork necks, beef bones, ground beef, etc.

It looked like the most amazing 'sta I've ever seen. And 'tony was really into it.

So I tried that. I just bought a lot of meat and added it to jarred 'nara. Best 'sta I've ever had.
>>
File: BrowningMeat.jpg (126 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
BrowningMeat.jpg
126 KB, 400x300
brown the shit out of your meat.

could be pork, beef, sausage, whatever. just brown it really, really well.

remove the meat, then cook your tomato sauce in the leftover pan drippings. use a wooden spoon to get up the stuck-on bits.

those pan drippings are your ticket to flavor town.
>>
>>7125331
Are you fucking about with those abbreviations or do you talk like that? Please tell me it's the latter, I'd laugh my nuts off hearing someone talk like that.
>>
>>7125353
when i add ground beef i do this. but i usually drain some of the fat because i found the sauce to get a bit greasy.

youre on point though.
>>
>>7125304

Real tomato sauce is easy to make and contains ONLY the following: olive oil, diced cooling onion, minced garlic if you want, pureed tomatoes (canned or Italian passata are acceptable), basil, salt.

Sautee the diced onion in the oil on medium-high until clear, add the pureed tomatoes, some salt, and1/2 the basil. Cook on medium or medium low until it tastes like tomato sauce (usually 45-60 mins). Add the last half of the basil right before serving.

The two biggest mistakes people make with tomato sauce is adding too much shit to it and not cooking it long enough.
>>
>>7125369
Don't fuck with me. I've had a long week, and I'm not ready for someone to make fun of how I write. Go eat shit, shitlord McShits.
>>
>>7125575
The week just started. Have a 'za and chill out.
>>
>>7125575

'isten to this 'uy.

on't 'uck 'ith 'omebody 'avin' a 'ad' day.
>>
>>7125510
I add a bit of balsamic, and omit the onions, my mistake still tastes good.
>>
>>7126289
>balsamic vinegar in tomato sauce
>no onions in tomato sauce

No.
>>
>>7125510
I'm personally a big fan of adding carrot to the sauce; it makes the sauce less acidic just like sugar, but it adds extra flavour unlike sugar.

Usually half carrot for 6 tomatoes is enough.
>>
>>7126481
if you say so chef.
>>
>>7126543

I know they do that in some parts of Italy, but it wasn't the way I was taught. I was taught to literally only use olive oil, onion, salt, basil and tomato. If you cook it enough you don't need carrot or sugar to sweeten it.

>>7126562

Each Italian inherently believes that only the way it was done in their home town is the right way.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.