[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this book, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: omnivore.jpg (32 KB, 325x494) Image search: [Google]
omnivore.jpg
32 KB, 325x494
What do you think of this book, /ck/?
>>
Even if you agree with a lot of what he says, he makes a lot a stupid point and bad arguments.

He's basically the Michael Moore of food writing.

>haven't actually read it since it came out
>don't ask for elaboration
>>
Masturbatory drivel, but he makes some fair points
>>
>>7122296
>>7122300
I didn't care for his "Wah wah, there can't be an organic food industry" as well as the objectively wrong obsession over the "waste" of food transportation. The waste with food is primarily during production and on consumers, the amount of energy wasted in transport is minimal.
>>
I don't really have a dilemma. if it doesn't upset my tummy or make me drop dead instantly I will eat it.
>>
What's the dilemma? WAH TOO MANY DELICIOUS THINGS TO EAT?
>>
>>7122404
Enjoy your corn!
>>
>>7122256

Interesting for the objective facts, i.e. most of the shit in the grocery store is corn. Pathetic for the desperate to moralize and status signal liberal bullshit.
>>
>>7122256
Worth reading. How much you'll agree with him probably depends on where your sympathies already lie, because it does not really contain any revelations.
>>
>>7123484
>most of the shit in the grocery store is corn
If someone is so dumb they can't put some meat and veg together and need to buy canned/ready meals then maybe they deserve to die from corn induced malnutrition.
>>
I always bought local produce where possible, I guess since I grew up on a farm and often went to farmers markets with my parents selling our produce. I dunno though, people gotta eat. I think the best thing is better labelling on product so people actually know what they're buying, and where it is from.
>>
>>7124474
>If someone is so dumb they can't put some meat and veg together and need to buy canned/ready meals then maybe they deserve to die from corn induced malnutrition.
While I agree with this the fact is most folks aren't actively aware of what they're eating, and pretty much assume whatever happens to be on the shelves of the grocery store is legitimate food. The idea that most of it isn't would come as a shock to many people.
>>
>>7122256
Sounds like a book that would be on Oprah's list. I wont buy it and I wont read it, I can tell from the title that's it's full of shit.

How about the "Faggot's Dilemma?"
>>
>>7124484
>I wont buy it and I wont read it, I can tell from the title that's it's full of shit.
That's the spirit! Don't let anything sway you once you've made up your mind. Probably best to stop reading entirely.
>>
>>7124485
Nice ploy fagbait but given the title of that book I can tell where that's going real quick. If you can't then you either are the author or shilling for the author or a plain ass moron.

Why should I read aka buy that sack of shit knowing what it is?

I guess I'm an idiot and am selective. You're not and probably believe in space aliens.
>>
>>7124485
By the way, shilling is against some rule.
>>
>>7124485
except his instinct on this is spot on
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.