[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is marinating a meme? I just put salt and pepper on the steak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: marinade7.jpg (118 KB, 1280x860) Image search: [Google]
marinade7.jpg
118 KB, 1280x860
Is marinating a meme?

I just put salt and pepper on the steak and cook it rare. It's nice, tender, and beefy.
>>
>>7120564
marinating is for shit cuts
>>
>>7120572
Can we not say "shit cuts", many marinated beef dishes are quite good. And I like to marinate chicken
>>
Well, technically all aspects of culture are memes, a meme basically being a concrete, individual unit of culture.

That said, marinating is a legit technique that is useful for both tenderizing and/or flavoring certain cuts of meat, to impart a unique flavor to them that can harmonize with other aspects of your plate.
>>
File: chicken-fried-steak.jpg (41 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
chicken-fried-steak.jpg
41 KB, 500x332
>>7120579
Well I think the idea is that if it wasn't a "shit cut" it wouldn't need to marinate to be good, not that it isn't good after marinating it.

Cube steak is indeed a shit cut....ever eat it just by itself? Not pleasant, but it can be turned into something delicious by adding other this, in this case a chicken frying and cream gravy
>>
>>7120586
How dare you introduce sensible argument into this thread instead of mindless shitposting!
>>
>>7120586
geographer pls go
>>
>>7120564
Marinating chicken is what I typically do but with beef? Nah I just do salt and pepper too.
>>
>>7120727

Geographer here, while that post was interesting it had nothing to do with spatial distribution.
>>
No but trying to make everything minimalistic just because it's a new design trend is a meme.
>>
>>7120764
>implying eating steak without marinating is new

what trailer park did you grow up in
>>
>>7120764
DUMB
>>
>>7120768
minimalism is "new" and sadly cooking is affected by it aswell
>>
>>7120775
how is eating a steak without soaking it in sauces "minimalism"

you eat chicken nuggets in sauces, you bread chicken, you season the shit out of chicken, why? because chicken is drab and droll meat. a good piece of steak doesn't need anything to be flavorful, and this is not a new idea at all, only the toppest plebs add much of anything to good steak and that's because they likely grew up on shitty steak cooked poorly so that it tasted bad
>>
>>7120789
>everyone should like what I like

There's something to be said for quality cooking, but saying that everybody should enjoy the flavor of a perfectly cooked steak is extremely closed-minded. There's much greater diversity within our species.
>>
>>7120789
>only the toppest plebs
Or you know.. people who actually like to experiment. I mean what's the point in cooking your steak the same way every time? Where is the fun in that? I could understand your opinion on a non-food related board but this is a cooking board.
>>
>>7120789
I disagree with you
>>
>>7120564
High quality cuts which are typically used for steak don't require marinating.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.