[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one reason why ramen shouldn't be a part of my diet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: sale.jpg (133 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
sale.jpg
133 KB, 960x720
Give me one reason why ramen shouldn't be a part of my diet.
>Cheap
>Full of carbs
>Easy to make and flavorful
>>
>>7120406
you already did.
>>
>>7120406

Ramen is fine. Especially if you make your own noodles.

Either way, add vegetables, meats/eggs, and other foods you like to a bowl of ramen and it really isn't so bad. Try not to drink too much broth all the time, that salt really will kill ya.
>>
>>7120406

If you're going to eat ramen, get quality ramen from an Asian grocery store and add whatever meats/vegetables you want. instant ramen is bad for you because you're essentially eating wax and salt. however, higher quality instant ramen wont' be as bad, but it still shouldn't be your main diet.
>>
Cup of noodle is so much worse for you than packaged ramen. Dat sodium.
>>
>>7120406
High blood pressure.
>>
>>7120406
>full of carbs
>>
>add two flavor packets to my Maruchan
>let it sit there and absorb the flavor for a while
>strain all of the broth out
>eat it

Is this bad for me?
>>
>>7120486

dont do this, it makes mustard gas
>>
>>7120406
like all the sodium in your daily intake for that day
>>
>>7120424
>salt is bad for you
>>
>>7120504
Excessive salt is bad for you.
>>
Digests very quickly.

Not enough calories to be satisfying.
>>
Think of the pricing, it's ridiculously cheap, and you get quite a lot out of it.
>>
>>7120406
>all carbs
>no nutritional value
>high in sodium
>many have heaps of saturated fat

it's just a worse version of pasta
>>
>>7120589
>carbs are evil meme

Stop
>>
>>7120615
He didnt say they were evil you autist.
>>
>>7120615
nothing wrong with carbs, but it's really hard to eat a balanced diet when you eat "all carb" foods

the issue is you end up eating too many carbs to get the level of nutrition you need

you also get too full to eat what you are meant to, this is the "meat before your potatoes" principle

and perhaps most of all, our pig-disgusting western diets SERIOUSLY lac dietary fiber, most of our carbs come from fats, sugars and heavily processed starch
and this is just compounded by a lack of fresh vegetables
>>
>>7120618
He sure implied it you autist
>>
>>7120665
>lack of fresh vegetables

A lot of people just don't buy them is the real issue
>>
>>7120705
well there are a few things

1. fresh vegetables are not available in restaurants or cafes
you might think that is usual, but by international standards it's really not
this means people who don't cook struggle

2. prices of fresh vegetables are greater than that of processed food
think about that for a second, I can pick an apple, crush it into juice, dry and re-constitute that, package, label and transport it, and sell it for less than I could sell the apples that went into it
it's fucked, and comes from agriculture being large scale and centralized
in other countries farmers just bring fruit into town in pickups and sell it for nothing

3. supermarkets hold a monopoly, and they throw out scratched or damaged fruit
they don't want you to make jam, they want you to buy it
they don't want you to use damaged vegetables for stock, they want you to buy stock

4. fresh produce doesn't keep, so people don't buy it because they don't want to shop often

5. people have forgotten how to store and preserve fruit
did you know a tub of wet sand will keep most vegetables good for months?
not weeks, months
>>
File: fit-gay-called-its-for-you.jpg (43 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
fit-gay-called-its-for-you.jpg
43 KB, 600x750
>99% carbs
>500% daily salt intake

Awesome bro! you gonna be a real swole ass nigga like kali muscle, just don't forget about your can of tuna!

No really, enjoy being an obese, unhealthy piece of shit, there's a reason that garbage is only eaten by impoverished american college students.
>>
>>7120665
>most of our carbs come from fats

what the fuck am I reading
>>
>deep fried processed carbs in an oil/salt broth

because it's fucking terrible for you
>>
>>7120734
>did you know a tub of wet sand will keep most vegetables good for months?
>not weeks, months

Please elaborate on how this is actually done.
>>
>>7120746
I shouldn't use "energy needs" and "carbs" interchangeably

most of our energy needs come from sugar, fats/oils an heavily processed starches

as opposed to whole grains, legumes, all other things with fiber in them

>>7120751
>get a tub of clean sand (or boil river sand and wash the dirt out of it if you are innawoods)
wet it with enough clean water that it becomes clammy
bury your cleaned vegetables half way in it

it keeps them at a constant low temperature, keeps bugs and shit out, stops it drying out, or getting hot enough for mould to grow

not sure if this would work for store bought produce, because it's often frozen and exposed to chemicals and shit

not sure about botulism risk either
>>
>>7120418
How do you make Ramen without Kansui?
Last week I made Udon by sitting on the dough during two lectures.
>>
>>7120406

Sodium, fat, scurvy, etc...

Dry grains and pasta is even cheaper and won't put you in an early grave as quickly.
>>
File: top... men.jpg (782 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
top... men.jpg
782 KB, 2272x1704
It's fine. If I had my own nuclear bunker, I would have at least 2 metric tons of ramen in storage.
>>
>>7120406
The quickest way for a Japanese family to have child services called on them is if the teacher finds out the kids diet is mostly instant noodles.
>>
>overloaded with sodium
>quick carbs
>not filling (need slow carbs and more proper protein)
>nutritionally deficit
>>
>>7121242
You also need a shitload of water with that. And even more extra water because the sodium will make you thirstier.
>>
>>7120406
Ramen, either self-made or prepared in a restaurant (be wary of fast food restaurants) is ok.
Instant ramen is just water soluble poison and is mainly for killing highly tenacious rats/rodents.
>>
>>7121306
Most people don't live in California
>>
All that palm oil isn't too good for you
>>
>>7121383
So you have the need for a bunker, meaning the world has gone to shit. Where are you sourcing your clean water that it isn't a problem?
>>
> $1 per packet
> eating 1 isnt enough
> eat 3 minimum
> cheap
>>
>>7121846
well, rain, stream

filters and a steady supply > 3 months of bottled water that take up a whole room
>>
>>7121982
they are 20c a piece, 375 calories. 3 is over 1000 calories. that is 60c for half a days worth of calories
>>
>>7122196
How much flour can you buy for that?
>>
>>7122182
And do you currently have a well or rainwater catching systems? Do you live within not only walking distance, but water carrying distance of a stream, and will you be healthy enough to carry back multiple buckets every day regardless of your health? Does the stream freeze? What is your annual rainfall?

Then you'll want to have at least 2 or 3 months of water on hand at any time. You can fit two gallons in a milk crate, and even use them as furniture if you're short on space, no excuse to make food preparations but not water.

There's also no reason not to have filters as well as a supply of water on hand.
>>
>>7120406
Look up BHA and BTH preservatives.
>>
>>7120406
>a part of
It's totally fine and anyone saying otherwise can kindly kill themselves. It's a single part of your diverse diet and, as you said, is cheap and easy.
>>
File: Fastfood_burgers.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Fastfood_burgers.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>7120751
I think he means brine.
Its 1-10% salt in water depending on what its suppose to preserve.

I.E Pickles is cucumbers brined with added vinegar and sugar.
Most canned vegetables is canned with brine, since bacteria and bugs don't like salt.
Meat can be stored in brine, or salted enough during processing to get the same effect(I.E SPAM).

Curing of meat is done with a addition of a combination of salt, nitrates, nitrite or sugar. Usually its just covering them with salt to dry out the surface.
>>
>>7124974
i've read that people used to store eggs in sand because it kept them cooler. i think the water slowly evaporates and acts sort of like a refrigerator.
>>
>>7120406
>high sodium
>no protein
>comes in a microwavable cup you NEET learn to cook
>>
>>7121846
>Boil
>Add filter
>Laugh
>>
>>7124985
this was fine and dandy until we invented refrigerators

>>7125002
>boil
WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU GET THE WATER IN THE FIRST PLACE NIGGER
>>
>>7120418
The broth is so delicious and doesn't even taste that salty tho I do try to refrain.
How do you make noodles btw? Is there a fast way? I tried once and it took forever. I don't feel like spending all the time building up Asian street vendor skills just to make noodres.
>>
>>7124841
you know the ramen is deep fried in palm oil to make that block of noodles.
it really is an unhealthy food
>>
>>7125180
is palm oil inherently unhealthy? i thought it was a pretty good alternative to shortening.
>>
how are asians so skinny if all of their food products are terrible for you nutrition-wise?
>>
>>7125231
none of it tastes very good, so they don't eat a lot
>>
i wouldnt eat it daily but i crave some 40 cents ramen once a month
>>
>>7120504
>what is hypertension
>>
>>7120406
>implying carbs are good
>zero nutritional value
>all dat sodium

eat real fucking food cunt
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.