[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Subway Employee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: Subway_Eat_Fresh_Logo.svg.png (89 KB, 2000x647) Image search: [Google]
Subway_Eat_Fresh_Logo.svg.png
89 KB, 2000x647
I've recently started working at Subway, and I've learned a lot of interesting and strange things about Subway and it's inner workings, so I decided to share them with the world.

NOTE:
>ask only about my job at subway, nothing about my personal life
>this is only one branch of subway, so what goes down at this one might not happen at all of them
>i wont give away anything like location or names of coworkers. I don't want to get fired.
>>
>>7119528
What sort of strange things? Do you still eat there, despite the strange things?
>>
i've heard employees absorb the smell of the restaurant. it soaks into your clothes, and you bring it home with you.

your car smells like a subway restaurant. your home smells like subway restaurant.

is it true?
>>
>>7119533
Yeah. Free food is free food.
>>
What's your favorite cookie
>>
>>7119528
Uhhh yeah can I get a spicy italian on... uhhh... hearty italian bread.... uhhh 6in.. no no make it a footlong

I'll have uhhhh for salald uhhhhh lettuce and onions, and some Chipotle sauce

uhhh can I get a bit more sauce? uhhhh alot more sauce
>>
>>7119535
YES.
Everyday I come home smelling like fucking sandwiches and I hate it.
>>
>>7119528

What are some really weird things that people order?
>>
Are you allowed to talk about Jared? A Subway thread a few days ago turned into that.
>>
>>7119542
I like oatmeal raisin, but that's just me.
>>
have you ever noticed black people ask for like every single fucking sauce

or at least mix like 3 of them that make no sense
>>
>>7119545
YEAH FOR SOME REASON EVERYONE SAYS A LITTLE SAUCE SO I PUT A LITTLE SAUCE ON IT AND THEN THEY KEEP DEMENDING MORE SAUCE UNTIL I'VE PUT ON THE AMOUNT THAT I WOULD NORMALLY PUT ON IT I FUCKING HAT EIT
>>
>>7119551
For some reason every white person that has come into my store fucking destroys their sandwiches with mayonnaise.

I'm white and I'm fucking insulted by my peoples obsession with the condiment.
>>
>>7119553
No one's asked about jared and I hope things stay that way, because I know subway wants me to tell them the sandwiches helped him lose weight but I'm not a goddamn liar.
>>
>>7119555
Actually that hasn't really happened to me yet. In fact a lot of people around here don't get any sauce at all. I don't know why, I guess my community is just obsessed with dry-ass sandwiches, when they're not nuking it with the fucking mayo.
>>
Are there any ingredients that seem particularly dirty/not-fresh/not-good? I've heard awful things about the tuna.
>>
>>7119576
Yes absolutely. I've served the tuna, I've sold the tuna, I've even made the tuna a few times, but I still don't trust it in the slightest. Also the chicken teriyaki is fucking gross.
>>
How often do people tip? I always dump my change into the jar, it's usually just under a dollar.
>>
>>7119573
>eating a dry sandwich

I will never, ever understand this.
>>
Have you ever served a sub to somebody that caused a sensation of primal fear knowing they would eat and enjoy it?
>>
File: paul walker.jpg (71 KB, 864x364) Image search: [Google]
paul walker.jpg
71 KB, 864x364
who the hell orders tuna?

it's just so boring. it's an at-home grocery staple.

i go out to a restaurant to eat something different from what i typically eat at home.
>>
>>7119590
That's good to hear because NOBODY FUCKING TIPS.

Hell, one time I was serving this bitch her sandwich and she tipped A SINGLE PENNY!

We have to split our tips between three people! That penny is fucking worthless to me!

I think the most I've ever gotten out of tips is six dollars, but most of the time I usually come home with a little over one dollar, if any.
>>
>>7119597
Every time I serve the tuna, or have to destroy a perfectly good sandwich with the goddamn mayonnaise.
>>
>fast food
>expecting tips
Holy shit I'm dying.
BLACK LIES MADDER!
>>
>>7119528

one time the one worker at a subway started making someone else's sandwich and just set mine aside. why the fuck would this happen? i walked out but was wondering if this is common now?
>>
>>7119598
I KNOW RIGHT!

One time I made a sandwich that was nothing but ham, pickles, and mayonnaise. Like, dude, why did you even come here? They didn't even toast it.
>>
>>7119608
>>7119564
>>7119573

whats your weird beef with mayo son
>>
>>7119610
I don't entirely get your joke, but we're working for only a little over minimum wage, and when you're making put everything on your sandwich and having us do all this really specific stuff like toasting it but only the meat and lightly toasting the bread but not the cheese and then adding lettuce to only half and guacamole bt only two thirds and having us do all this during lunch rush, a tip would be well appreciated.
>>
>>7119564

> i dislike mayo
> but im white

pick only one, minority scum
>>
>>7119612
They were probably waiting for another person to come up and finish it, that happens during very busy hours. Either that, or they were trying to get multiple people squared away at once.
>>
>>7119629
You're making a sandwich kid.
If you want better income, get a real job.
Can't wait for machines to replace all the dirty minimum wage scum touching my food. Machines aren't pussy faggots like you.
>>
>>7119600

you work fast food, you shouldn't even get tips at all be happy if anyone for whatever fucking reason even decides to tip you.

That always baffled me at Subway, fucking tip jar.
>>
File: tjuhtdyjkytk.png (1007 KB, 1296x972) Image search: [Google]
tjuhtdyjkytk.png
1007 KB, 1296x972
>>7119617
Okay so in order to properly illustrate the unholy amounts of mayo my store patrons enjoy, I have made this diagram.
>>
File: oh-get-a-job-charlie-day.jpg (143 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
oh-get-a-job-charlie-day.jpg
143 KB, 500x333
>>7119644
>>
>>7119647
WOW. WHAT A DICK.
>>
>>7119670
Maybe if you weren't a lazy entitled little shit you could get a real job.
>>
>>7119678
K
>>
>>7119663
Subway mayo fucking blows, tastes and smells like my underwear after a night's sleep

Subway all around has garbage ingredients, sadly. Hence why a sub made from individual ingredients is 10x better than Subway
>>
>>7119694
Yeah I should probably disagree, but I won't.

Our sandwiches are terrible honestly.
>>
>>7119707
The meatball is the only redeeming one, the spicy italian is good until you release how much salt and fat is in it, made me feel like shit whenever I ate it

We would eat there almost every day after shcool because the staff there let us use a 2 for 5 coupon or something every day for like a year and we were poor as fuck, good lord I hated the smell of that place
>>
>>7119528
do people attempt to purchase the bread by itself
>>
>>7119715
I haven't eaten the meatball in years, but it smells nice. And I do like the spicy Italian, but yeah that shit ain't healthy. Hell, we keep talking about our flat bread like it's the next revolution in health food, but it has more calories than our normal bread!

I've also been meaning to try the personal pizzas, but you have to work eight hours before getting a free one of those, and at that point I'm usually on my way home.

And yeah, the smell. It reeks. Hell, I LOVE the smell of bread! The bread isle of any grocery store is one of my favorite places to be, but Subway Stank is not bread smell. It smells like dough and lies.
>>
>>7119663
I do this but with the vinaigrette.
>>
>>7119715
You're baffled by the spicy italian's nutrition but not the meatball? It literally has like 200% of your daily value of saturated fat.
>>
>>7119727
Never happened to me before, but I guess it's possible if you order a wish sandwich.
>>
>>7119742
Okay but at least that's like an actual sauce with flavors. Mayonnaise is not a sauce. It's an insult.
>>
>>7119743
>saturated fat is bad meme
Hahaha. Oh flyovers are so hilarious.
>>
>>7119663
Is that why I can never ask for mayo, because you motherfuckers dump half a bottle on before I can tell you to stop being a goddamn ape?
>>
>>7119758
Well, that can't be right. When we put sauces on sandwiches we're ordered specifically to only put three passes on unless specially requested. I know we break the rules sometimes with the olives, but if someone is doing that with your sauce without you asking they're doing something very very wrong and I'm so sorry.
>>
I normally get a grilled chicken or a cold cut combo, and never noticed anything wrong with it. Do I just have terrible taste, or did I get a 'good' Subway?
>>
>>7119756

How's it feel to be mentally retarded, anon? All that bacon fat clogging up your brain, eh?
>>
>>7119968
Little from Column A a little from Column B

But honestly people have different tastes, so just because I personally don't like something doesn't mean someone else will. Hell, obviously other people have to like this stuff or else Subway would've been out of business years ago.
>>
>>7119528
If someone keeps asking for salad on their sub, is there a limit to what you will give them? I had to argue with a Polak bitch one time because she wouldnt give me triple pickles. Probably wanted to keep them for herself.
>>
>>7119600
>expecting tips for just doing your job
>>
>>7119581
why is the chicken teriyaki gross?
>>
>>7119647
Tip jars are retarded in general.
>>
>>7119982
I mean, I don't think think there's a limit. That employee definitely shouldn't have been keeping you from them pickles. Sometimes employees don't sell shit just because they don't feel like it. I have a coworker who used to do that with the breakfast sandwiches. He's kind of an asshole.
>>
>>7119986
K
>>
>>7119989
The sauce tastes weird and the chicken strips are kind of rubbery. Toasting them helps a little, but if you end up with a fatty piece you're fucked.
>>
What should I avoid like the plague here? The tuna and chicken teriyaki I know shouldnt be trusted, anything else with extremely dubious quality?
>>
>>7119600
>tip jar at Subway

I literally never even noticed one. Is it at the register? Only participating ones?
>>
>>7120002
Any of the chicken products I don't trust. Also the veggie patties. The other meats seem fine though, but don't expect anything above grocery-store-lunch-meat quality. I'm kind of on the fence about the steak. I'll have to try it first before I'm sure it's okay.
>>
>>7120004
Only participating ones. Some branches don't use the tip jar program. It all depends on who runs which branch, but if we do have a tip jar it'll be a clear plastic cube in front of the register.
>>
>>7119992
She must have been a jew then.

I work at Pizza Hut and I just give shit out raggo. When I do buffet, I always tell people to let me know what they want and I will make it for them. My manager made a print out of stock that was missing, i.e. had been over used for the week. There were 11 bags of cheese unaccounted for. Fuck them.
>>
>>7120002
Subway actually has pretty decent quality tuna, the only problem is that it's never prepared correctly. There's either too much mayo in it, the tuna isn't drained, or it's a week past expiration.

Also I'm not OP, just someone who worked at Shitway through my late high school years.
>>
>>7120000
I went to a new subway, my old one closes I never got my roll toasted when i got the sweet onion chicken just got the chicken cooked. The new one says this cant be dont and they have to toast the whole thing
>>
>>7120031
Jesus fucking christ that's a lot of cheese
>>
>>7119663
I do this but with the avocado.
Four scoops, no shame.
>>
>>7120033
On the nose right there. They say to use one pack of mayo for two packs of tuna, but first of all there's no telling if we'll be able to get all the mayo out of the pack, and secondly depending on how much you break up the tuna the amount of mayo required will vary. I try to break it up as best as I can when I prep the tuna but I always miss a little.
>>
>>7120038
Yeah if they don't toast the bread when you ask they're probably assholes who just don't wanna.
>>
>>7120061
why is every subway near me indian?
>>
>>7120044
Its supposed to be measured using a cup system depending on the base we use. Except the cups are too small for the thin base so I always add extra. I never use the cups for anything, aint no one got time for that.

Anyway, my subway order is normally BMT, honey & oat bread, lettuce, jalapenos, double pickles, southwest sauce. Is any of that likely to kill me?
>>
>>7120068
How the heck should I know?
>>
>>7120070
>Is any of that likely to kill me?
Why don't you go over to /fit/ and ask them about bread for your answer.
>>
>>7120070
Actually that sounds like a pretty good sandwich. I oughta try that my next shift.

Apart from the calorie count you'll probably be fine.
>>
>>7119528
Who was your worst customer?
>>
>>7119528

Why did you guys get rid of the chicken salad?
>>
Anyone make "footlong" dick jokes to you?
>>
>>7120082
Okay so this one time we were in the middle of lunch rush, a big one, everyone's hauling ass, I'm ringing up orders like nobody's business, when this one dickhead comes up to my side and asks for the names of my coworkers. I was caught off guard, and one of my coworkers had to come up and talk to him so I could deal with the orders that were already piling up. Turns out they wanted to file a complaint because they thought we were harassing a customer, but you know what really happened? We had to bring out a new batch of veggie patties from the freezer. We had to explain to the custumer who ordered them that we had to defrost the patties in the microwave. The customer didn't understand so we had to explain it a little better, and then once he understood he was cool with it. But somehow, this bitch behind him registered that as us harassing him, and got her husband to get our names and report us on behalf of someone she didn't know and that we hadn't even raised voices to.
>>
have you ever banged a co-worker at work?
>>
>>7120088
We still serve it where I'm at, so I don't have an answer for you.
>>
>>7120089
Not yet, thank god.
>>
>>7120098
No.
My coworkers are cool and all but I have standards.
>>
>>7120068
Do you live in Ontario by any chance?
>>
Is it wrong that I hate how every "Sandwich Artists" always keeps their hand in the tub of shitty lettuce when I'm choosing my veggies? Man that lettuce is so shit it's insulting.
Spinach is much better.
>>
>>7120170
WTF? They don't do that at my location, but I guess it's possible. That seems kind of weird to me. I do know though that a lot of people order lettuce AND spinach and I know I shouldn't be annoyed by it but I really am.
>>
Do people seem to come in less after the whole Fogle debauchery?
>>
>>7119528

what exactly goes on a veggie delite?

whenever i get one, they always ask me what i want on it...But shouldnt it be already determined what the ingredients are?
>>
>>7120173
Maybe it's just some special snowflake syndrome of mine, but I don't like how they keep expecting me to say "and a pound of lettuce please" until the end.
>>
>>7120176
I haven't been working there since before, but the place is pretty dead most of the time. Usually we get a bit of a rush during lunch, but even then it's honestly not too bad, so I guess.

I do know that before I worked there years ago, my location used to have a sign that said "Jared's Picks!" and had a list of their "healthy" sandwiches, and after the debacle that sign is mysteriously absent.
>>
>>7120180
Well, there's the cheese, and some people don't want certain veggies on their sandwich. I think we're mostly just trying to avoid accidentally giving someone epileptic shock.
>>
>>7120182
????????? ??????
I have never heard of this.
>>
>>7120190
*Anaphylaxic Shock.
Sorry.
>>
File: sharku-tan.webm (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
sharku-tan.webm
3 MB, 600x338
>>7120000
I've only eaten at subway a handful of times and haven't in years, but I always ordered the tuna. Whenever I go to Wawa or Lee's I will usually get a tuna hoagie. Am I lucky to be alive?

Also OP, regarding mayo: May I ask what part of the country you're working in? I have a theory that heavy mayo abuse is a rust belt/midwest thing.
>>
>>7120240
I work in the southern states of the US.

And yes, consider yourself to be very lucky.
>>
>>7120246
My theory was wrong but the South would definitely be the runner-up for the states most likely to have citizens with more mayo than blood.
>>
Why do you guys always ask if I want cheese?

I'm gonna get it, but it's like you're jumping at the chance to put cheese on my sandwich.
>>
>>7120254
I know right and the store is required to keep playing Country music like we tried changing the radio station and we got chewed out for it WE ARE LITERALLY REQUIRED TO KEEP PLAYING COUNTRY MUSIC HERE AND I HATE IT
>>
>>7120269
Because we need to know if you want cheese before we put it in the toaster??? ?? ? ?????
>>
>>7120269
And they ask which kind, as if they differ in taste in any way.
>>
File: snailface.png (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
snailface.png
15 KB, 200x200
>>7119549
>smelling like fucking sandwiches

subway doesn't smell like sandwiches
>>
>>7120276
For some people they do, but I can't really tell the difference apart from cheddar and pepperjack
>>
>>7120282
I know but there isn't really any other way to describe the smell apart from "subway smell"
>>
>>7120275
It was like this even before Subway started toasting.

It's like...
>What kinda meat?
>turk-
>CHEESE?
>Uh, yeah. Pepperjack.

Makes me paranoid as fuck.
>>
>>7120291
Some employees like blasting through each sandwich, so they want to know the ingredients in advance. I like to take my time, which is usually fine, but doesn't serve us well during lunch rush, which is probably why they always put me at the register during then.
>>
why is it that every time I get a sandwich from subway it's made by an imbecile
>>
>>7120298
I want to disagree but I'm also a fucking idiot so I guess the best answer I can give is that Subway is not a very difficult job, thus easily attracts the brain dead. We are trying our best, though.
>>
There's a Safeway here (grocery store) that has the best deli in town I swear to God. They make sandwiches of all kinds there and they are so fucking good.
Subway is always a letdown.
Damn I want to go to Safeway. It's a 30min walk and it's -7C out.
>>
>>7119600
Heh, get fucked. I work at Tim Hortons and I come home with about $10 sometimes more in tips every night
>>
Subway is one of my favourite fast food restaurants. I love the place
>>
>>7120309
I think I saw a safeway when I took a trip to Seattle, but I've never seen one where I'm at, so I guess I'm just shit outta luck.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mov3cgPP0V1qz4rgp.png (139 KB, 309x547) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mov3cgPP0V1qz4rgp.png
139 KB, 309x547
>>7120311
WHAT THE FUCK!!!!
>>
>>7120318
That's cool, man.

More of a Wendy's person, myself, but whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>7120138
no NJ
>>
OP what's in the chicken? Is it real chicken?
What is your normal prep for the day?
How do you guys charge for things? Like if I get extra meat or cheese do you charge for it? Also, will you sell me extra sauce?

Oh and do you care when we tell you we want a cup of water and we get soda instead?
>>
>>7120346
1) I don't know.
2) Maybe at one point.
3) I usually arrive after morning prep is done, so I usually prep a lot of the meats
4) Size of sandwich/Type of sandwich/ Add-ons
5) Yes
6) We could probably just give you sauce on the side, and that's free
7) Personally I don't give a shit but some locations do.
>>
I've worked 2 summers at Subway, OP. Honestly one of the better fast food jobs out there, barring the incredibly pervasive smell that gets in your everything.
>Work for 2 hours
>Get a free 6 incher with no accountability
>Load a standard portion of every meat in the store onto it
>chest hurts one bite into my free meatball chicken teriyaki buffalo breast ham turkey roast beef pepperoni salami steak sandwich

>>7120346
Incase OP has bailed I'll answer for him.
>chicken
I'm pretty sure it's real in the same way that a chicken nugget is real. It ain't sliced from an actual chicken breast but it's made of ground up and reformed chicken.
>Normal prep
Prep is centered around 2 things; the veggies and the bread.
Meats are easy to prep; they're either refrigerated and prepackaged in the case of ham and turkey or frozen in bulk bags in the case of chicken and steak and the like. The most time consuming part is portioning the chicken and steak to the precise weight, but even that takes next to no time once you get in a rhythm.
Most veggies come preprepared in bags, but tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, and onions come whole. They're a real bitch, particularly the tomatoes, because even with the turbosharp cutters (which I've cut myself on a fair share of times while doing dishes) it takes forever to get a decent volume. One double wide bin that would go out on the bain consists of 20 tomatoes and only lasts you a couple hours, so you're drowning in tomato juice for quite a while in the morning.
Bread is fairly straightforward, but decently involved. Once the proofer and oven are up and running it comes down to sticking the bread that the night crew put in the retarder into the proofer and starting the whole bread rotation that won't end until about 4-5PM, assuming nobody fucks up.
Overall an easier prep than a lot of places, but its a lot of busywork until the day's flow gets going.

cont
>>
>>7119528
Have you ever fucked a sandwich?
>>
>>7120372
Not yet.
>>
>>7120370
>charging
IIRC extra cheese is something like $0.30 per 6-inch's worth.
I didn't ring up extra meat too often, but if memory serves it's either a flat rate (something like $1.50) or a variable rate depending on the type of meat that ranges in that $1.50 to $2.00 range.
Sauce is unlimited. The only thing you've gotta do if you want 6 extra containers of ranch is deal with our judgemental faces as we squeeze the bottle dry into containers.
>soda in water cup
Half the time you can't even see the soda fountain from the line so we wouldn't even notice
And even if we did who the fuck cares, soda syrup costs next to nothing. I'd shoot you a knowing glance but not give a fuck otherwise.
>>
Is it okay if I do heroin and pass out in the shitter?
>>
>>7120376
That too.
>>
>>7120346
Extra cheese is .50 per 6-inch portion
Guac and extra meat is .75 per 6-inch
double meat is 1.50 per 6-inch
you can have as much sauce as you want you fatass, it doesn't cost anything

at least at my store
>>
>>7120377
Please don't.
>>
>>7120370
>cutting tomatoes
this is always the worst part of prep
fucking juice everywhere and it takes ages to get it all done
>>
>>7119528
who the fuck would ask you about the names of your coworkers?

Sorry, i know you said you wouldn't answer any personal questions.
>>
>>7120380
Same here.
>>
File: tumblr_m937swMFs11qlxi7ho1_500.gif (284 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m937swMFs11qlxi7ho1_500.gif
284 KB, 500x282
>>7120386
Just trying to stay outta trouble.
>>
>>7119570

Nigger, I don't think they're going to be asking you about his weight loss
>>
>>7120397
K
>>
>>7119678
Maybe kill yourself
>>
Ducks eat free at Subway
>>
>>7120407
tru
>>
Why do you guys fuck up my veggie pattie and not heat it.
I ate an ice sub last time.
>>
>>7120417
why are you getting a veggie patty at subway
>>
>>7120420
im vegetarian and i like sandwhiches
and i bet what i make tastes better than your shit anywho
>>
>>7120417
That is fucked up.
If they don't defrost your veggie patty you have every right to complain. I have cold sensitive teeth so I can't even imagine how excruciating it must be to eat an ice patty. I don't think I've served one yet, but I'll be extra careful to make sure I never do.
>>
Perfect sub:

>Italian bread
>tuna
>cuke
>extra pickles
>extra banana peppers
>extra extra vinaigrette
>extra cheese
>toasted

Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>7120429
Replace the tuna with BMT and we're in fucking business
>>
>>7120004
It's a burger thing
>>
>>7120282
Your clothes smell more like pickles and the herbs from the cheese bread, at least that's how it was for me. Turns my stomach just thinking about it.
>>
>>7119663
Man your regular is like a third of what I get when I ask for 'a little sauce' and the one of the right is only like twice what I get if I don't say anything.
>>
>>7120291
You get paranoid when ordering a sandwich? Lmao
>>
>>7120537
Not him, but I get the same vibes sometimes. I think it has to do with the fact you KNOW that they're going to ask, and you have to think about that _and_ what they're asking you at that moment at the same time.
>>
>>7120541
I think you guys need to get out more haha.
>>
>>7119678
fuck off kekservative
>>
>>7119663
Is that cilantro? Since when can you get that at subway®™?¿
>>
>>7120383
>prepping tomatoes
>put fingers anywhere near the blades
>instantly cut

i love we got new blades but fuck me if im cleaning that shit again
>>
>>7120309
>>7120319
>protip: safeway isnt all that safe
>>
>>7120425
Thanks man other than that i actually really enjoy subway except its a bit pricey .
my veggie patty with avacado toasted cost me 9 something, might as well go to sit in. but i still enjoy it for the novelty of a my sandwhich ordeal.
>>
>>7119629
>we're working for only a little over minimum wage, and when you're making us perform the basic functions of our job, a tip would be well appreciated.
FTFY
>>
Why is the quality of everything so fucking bad?

Except for those breakfast flatbread with omeletts+bacon+cheese+sausages (might just be in the UK tho).

Fucking hell 4 quid for a footlong of that, 1000+ calories of protein infused goodness.
>>
>>7120326
Oh yeah I do some myself some Wendy's as well, and also Harveys
>>
>>7119617
beef with mayo sounds horrible...
>>
What's the ratio of people that know what they want and those that don't? Every time I go to a Subway it's like I'm the only person in line that can tell the sandwich artisan exactly they want without missing a meet. I swear it's like everyone else is a slack jawed retard that's never been to the restaurant before and must preface everything they say with "UHHH uhhh UHHH".

I actually avoid going to Subway often because I get too pissed off in line
>>
>>7120866
most people know what they want, but there are a lot of people who don't understand what Subway is and want "whatever comes on it"

the most annoying thing people do in line is leave in the middle of ordering to go to the bathroom
>>
What is the most annoying order you've had to make?
>>
>>7120875
the most annoying sandwiches are the ones with the most meat slices because they take the longest, BMT is the most with 16 slices on a footlong. it's not that bad though, customer's make it annoying not the actual sandwich
>>
>>7119528
What answers did you give on the personality quiz?
>>
If someone orders a BLT and wants more bacon than what it usually comes with, is it a "Double Meat" option, or is it "Add Bacon"?

On other sandwiches, these options are as cut-and-dry as it gets, but what do you do with a sandwich where bacon is the default meat?
>>
>>7119637
were you in the military
>>
>>7120372
Kek'd
>>
>>7120061
I think anon was saying she was _allowed_ to get the chicken cooked without toasting the bread. But not at the new one.
>>
>>7119528

How tall are you?
>>
>>7119528

Where is the Subway you at and what are your co-workers' names?
>>
>>7120289
cat piss and oregano
>>
>>7120423
Congratulations you made a vegetable that tastes like water taste better than the same vegetable at a fucking fast food restaurant
>>
>>7119528
Did you get the job expecting it to be like on the forbidden Subway Eat Fresh image?
>>
Rate my order: cheese and oregano bread, ham and mild cheese, toasted, then lettuce, tomato, cucumber, olives, olive oil and salt and pepper
>>
>>7119758
As a subway employee I always start with two lines and make sure it doesn't come out thick

One sad truth though is that some subway chains are so fuckingcheap that their sauce bottle caps are wayyyyyy beyond proper use anymore and they won't replace them because $$

When those caps are no good anymore they let shittons of sauce out and its disgusting
I hate making a mess of a sandwich for my customers, I always try so hard to make it look good.
>>
>>7120068
they like small businesses
>>
>>7122327
2766 out of 4370
>>
>>7122327
white/10
>>
Is there anything bad about the chicken bacon ranch melt? I used to have it every time I came into Subway- have I been consuming any horrible hidden things?
>>
>>7122467
Lurk moar, there are at least two copypastas in existence meant to achieve this very feat.
>>
>>7122467
Why would you ever fuck with the person handling your food? Are you 12?
>>
>>7122385
the only thing that may turn you off at all is that it uses ranch

the sauce is fine, but subways go through MUCH MUCH MUCH less ranch than they do, say.. mayo and mustard.

Employees don't wait for sauce bottles to go empty before filling them.. they just see it half or less than half full and add new ranch to the old ranch and sometimes those bottles can go an entire 2 weeks without being washed..

if you're not getting the mayo, mustard, chipotle or sweet onion, there are serious concerns for some of the sauce in that bottle to be too old.
>>
>>7119738
I've never understood why people think flat bread or pitas are inherently more healthy. I worked at a burrito place that was next door to a pita place, and even though our nutritional information was basically the same, and the serving sizes and vegetables were pretty much the same, people thought our food was an indulgence, and the pita's was healthy. Fucking weird.

Also, why has subway started giving you so few toppings when you order them? The last couple of times I've been I've had to ask twice for more cucumber because the dude only wanted to give me six super thinly sliced pieces.
>>
>>7119551
I've had some people order Steak and add tuna, or chicken and add tuna, but someone actually got just mayo toasted on the bread and nothing else.
>>
>>7119576
>>7119581
I've worked at one for the last three months and the tuna is one of the only things I trust

The most important thing that should be mentioned is that each Subway is owned by a different franchise. They all run the place differently and prioritize different things, like some veggies might be local.

Personal experience speaking, either get a toasted sandwich or none at all. You don't want any cold meat from Subway.
>>
>>7119629
Nigger it's your job. That's me asking for a tip every time I pull an order at a warehouse holy shit you millennials are entitled as fuck
>>
>>7120096
Those kinds of customers should be made to wait until things slow down, then sat down and told precisely why they are wrong and their behavior was bad. Then just to reinforce the punishment they should be hit with a paddle or switch 6 times and sent on their way.
>>
File: 1417064984005.jpg (36 KB, 338x497) Image search: [Google]
1417064984005.jpg
36 KB, 338x497
>>
File: gay.jpg (212 KB, 1484x987) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
212 KB, 1484x987
>>7119528
how big is your dick? cut or uncut? boxers or briefs?
>>
>>7123235
Don't you dare
>>
>>7123235
Do it
>>
>>7119528
List all the dressings
>>
>>7123235

do it baka desu senpai
>>
File: images.jpg (27 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
27 KB, 511x288
>>7119528
Would you accept this voucher?
>>
>>7120282
yeah i dont know what the fuck that smell is but its on everything. the fucking napkins even smell funky
>>
>>7119528
im thinking on opening up my own subway, but really need more info on my target audience, who are your most frequent customers?

>Age group
>jobs
>amount during peak hour
>>
>>7123885
if youre not indian and indians want to buy it the official inspectors will hammer the shit out of your store
>>
>>7119528
>Interesting things about working at a minimum wage fast food job

Going to call bullshit
>>
>>7119678

Do people actually believe this in America?
>>
how's the quality of turkey?
I always order a turkey at Subway.
>>
>>7119528

Has anyone ever ordered all the condiments before? I watched gun x sword way too much and did that a few times. It's not that bad actually but messy as fuck.
>>
What kind of toxic chemicals are in the food? Im in there for literally 5 minutes and my clothes are 100% permeated with that toaster oven exhaust odor
>>
>>7124596

Is this your first day on 4chan, you little liberal retard?
>>
>>7119528
do you hate the 'everything' fags as much as i did when i worked there?
>what toppings would you like
>everything
>jam a fist full of jalapenos into one bite while they're not looking
>half the shit falls off when i fold it shut anyway
>sweeping perfectly good vegetables into the waste trench because they're ruined by the dressing

>>7119564
a common stereotype i noticed at my store was that white trash and black people love extra mayo. they'll even add it to the tuna and seafood.

>>7119989
the chicken teriyaki is just the regular frozen chicken strips drenched in teriyaki sauce. i would throw away really awful-looking fatty bits every time i prepped it, but that was just me because i cared. imagine those who don't. you're playing a lottery when you order that stuff. it also often gets prepped while it's still frozen, and goes onto the line frozen when they run out. by the store's rules you have to microwave the chicken teriyaki if they don't want it toasted, but if they don't, you aren't required to microwave it. the toaster will literally never bring a frozen chunk of chicken to a safe temperature. always make them microwave the chicken before toasting.

it also loses a lot in water weight when it thaws. it's prepped at 3.5 grams or some shit like that, but ends up at 2.2
>>
>>7120033
the real problem is the tuna preparation has too many variables. a wage slave may not break the tuna up enough, they may not drain it enough, and they may use too much or too little mayo since while i worked there the perfect amount of mayo was just around 3/4ths of a bag of mayo. the rest would fill roughly 5/8ths of a squeeze bottle. realistically you'd want these kind of sensitive things prepped by managers, or one person only so they can get it right consistently, but everyone who works at subway, management or not, is responsible for prepping and that's not a good thing when your menu has items with multiple ingredients.
>>
>>7120311
No you don't. There are no tip jars at Tim Hortons. The debit machine does not prompt you for tips and the change jars out front are for Tim Hortons based childrens charities and clearly labelled as such. What was even the point of your lie?
>>
>>7125072
>half the shit falls off when i fold it shut anyway
Maybe you should be better at your job???
>>
>>7125477

Have you ever seen someone that gets everything in their burrito at chipotle? and sometimes they have to add a second tortilla just to keep it together?
>>
>>7119535
could be worse, try working at a heinz bottling plant, you smell like vinegar 24/7 and that shit does not come off
not easy picking up girls like that
>>
Have you had any paranormal experiences in the job?
>>
>>7119647
unless you're somehow an employee who gets the lesser tip wage (which I can't imagine how you would/should, unless your bosses are literally the devil), then the tip jar is completely optional

that one lady who put a penny in there is an ass though
>>
>>7119528
do you get along with your co-workers?
>>
>>7119528
if I asked for some of every vegetable and condiment on the bar there, would you give it to me? are you allowed to? would it even fit on a sandwich?
>>
>>7125492
I feel like if I ask for extra beans and rice they might try and Jew me on the meat... or do they really not care?
>>
>>7125783
what is this "picking up girls" meme? are you from the 1950s? do you cruise up and down the shopping mall parking lot, hooting at teenagers, hoping one of them will hop into your convertible and have sex with you?
>>
>>7126626
tinder, going to clubs and bars, you know, trying to get laid with a new chick
just something satisfying about conquest
>>
>>7120291
I have the same thing. Either I get a speeder who doesn't give me time to think before rushing to the next thing or someone so slow that I literally have to describe the same sandwich three times over and point through the glass to make sure the message is received. Always speedy when the store is empty, always the slow one when it's rush hour.
>>
>>7125465
Do you really not realize there are other ways for people to give tips than tip jars?
>>
File: Funny-Vomit-people-15-220x162.jpg (9 KB, 220x162) Image search: [Google]
Funny-Vomit-people-15-220x162.jpg
9 KB, 220x162
>2015
>going to subway for processed shit-tier "food"
>not spending money wisely and getting high quality meats, veggies and cheeses

>sandwich artist
>>
>>7126687
kroger and publix subs are better.
>>
>>7119684
>>7120402
>>7120545
>>7124596
Why are you so bad at life? Millions of men have grown out of these entrylevel jobs but unfortunately you are content wallowing in the mud.
>>
>>7126687
This is a subway thread, faggot. If you wanna talk about eating orangic meats on fresh homemade bread then make your own tjread
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOKDqjqbX0

#subwaylifehacks
>>
>>7119610
i work at kroger and i get tips
>>
what is the weirdest thing about subway
>>
>inb4 spyro making a shit sandwich
>>
what's going on in this thread
>>
File: shit sandwich.jpg (13 KB, 247x245) Image search: [Google]
shit sandwich.jpg
13 KB, 247x245
>>7126915
>>
File: 1448472816769.jpg (105 KB, 790x1103) Image search: [Google]
1448472816769.jpg
105 KB, 790x1103
>>7126915
>>
>>7120199
From.. vegetables?
>>
There's a subway just down the street from me, so whenever I'm fucking lazy I go there. Normaly about 2-3 times a month. I either get the Club or the BMT. On either Roasted Garlic or Parm Oregano. With Swiss. Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Onions and Olives. With some Salt and Pepper and a bit of Italian sauce.

Is anything wrong with any of that shit? Also they give me a normal amount most things, but half the time they put so much sauce on that it leaks when I pick it up, and ALL the fucking time they fucking skimp on the olives. I always have to ask for more olives. Even when I'm in another city a thousand miles away you fucks skimp on the olives.

Why the fuck do you assholes hate olives.
>>
>>7119528
OP I felt what you feel

>worked at subway for about a year
>Indian boss

I treated evey customer kindly no matter how high/rude

>have a regular customer a women around mid fifties
>everytime she ordered she asked for extra black pepper
>and i don't mean sprinkle that shit once or twice
>im talking shaking the fuck outta the bottle until theres an inch thick of black pepper and no veggies are visible

>apparently she has two sons and a daughter
>fug.png
>I actually ran out of black pepper
>my nose was destroyed for about two days
>>
>>7125097
I worked at Subway in high school and a different one for a few months in college and some of the most vile shit I had ever seen in fast food was how the tuna was made at the second one. There was a older Indian chick who worked there like 10 hours a day and she told us she was only making like $3 a hour she would mix the tuna with her bare hands, her disgusting hairy hands.
>>
File: 1448427486289.jpg (35 KB, 468x425) Image search: [Google]
1448427486289.jpg
35 KB, 468x425
>>7120291
>>
>>7127325

fucking Indians
>>
>>7119594

Sauce is for fat retards. No sauce has ever tasted good.
>>
>>7126773
>11/30/15(Mon)23:04:06 No.7126773

You should fucking kill yourself, douchebag.
>>
>>7119528
Why the hell do you still call your "club" a "club" when it costs extra for bacon on it? I don't eat at subway because of this. The only thing I'll purchase is a large drink cup when I'm at a hospital and I have no other options.
>>
>>7119644
>>7120718
>>7123133
Waiters and shit get tips for doing usually half that stuff (they don't even prepare the dishes).
>>
>>7119629
No. You're working for minimum wage- which your job is barely worth. That's the reason WHY you don't get a tip. Tipped employees work for like $2/hr and the rest is made up in tips because they're providing service. You're not providing service, you're making the worst sandwiches in the franchise world. Cook staff at restaurants is usually paid hourly and that's closer to what your job is. I don't give a shit if you have to do custom subs- that's your job. If you're unhappy with it then seek another job.

>>7119670
And this is the reason you still work a job you hate that apparently doesn't pay enough. Where are you located?
>>
>>7130974
Waiters (whose hourly rate is FAR less than yours) get a tip because they:
Show up to my table within 60 seconds of me sitting down. (Sometimes it's the host's fault if it's longer)
Brought everything I needed, without screwing up my order- and fixing it if they did.
Kept my drink topped off.
Was attentive enough that I didn't have to flag them down to get the check.
Picked up/returned check within a timely manner if I'm using a card.

You're not doing these things.
>>
>>7120537
Its pretty bad if you have
social anxiety paired with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNG7Pyoj58I
>>
>>7119535
this is true for most low tier food jobs
mark of the pleb
>>
>>7120291
this right here is why ive learned to plot out my entire order before going to a subway/chipotle/qdoba/etc
i fire off 3-4 ingredients at a time, and am able to repeat myself if necessary
the employees seem less annoyed with me than other customers so i guess im doing it right
>>
>>7120031
Cheese is expensive, anon. Most expensive basic pizza ingredient. Used to get chewed out all the time for using too much back when I made pizzas.
>>
>>7120077
Dubs, this. And post the results or link to thread.
>>
What's the tier of sandwich "artists" from best to least when it comes to making subs?

For me it's: white female > white male > black female = black male >>>>>>>>>>> any indian

Not to sound blatantly racist, but seriously, every time I've gone to a subway and it was a white girl, she would actually make a sub that I was happy with. Maybe she thought I was cute or whatever, but I was rarely disappointed.
As opposed to fucking indians who put the bare minimum of actual meats on (and charge you for extra meat to have it reach the actual, picture-quality portion) and then DUMP a shitton of lettuce on it when you still want like 4 other things.
And then they ask you if you want the meal deal, but it sounds like "MEELDEW"

Fucking hate it.
>>
>>7131351
Which reminds me, OP!:

I get that when you order something from a fast food restaurant, it most likely will not look like it does in the advertisement.
A burger for example will look all smushed and flat as opposed to a nice and tall advertised counterpart.
But when you're at a subway where they jew you on meats and shit, is it acceptable to explain that you want your sub to look as advertisement-quality as possible?
Like, there's no way that a cheese steak sub that they give you uses the same amount of meat in the advertised picture.
So can you say you want it with that amount of meat, like in the picture, withOUT having to be shit on with "extra meat" fees?

Unless there's some fine print stating that the sub in the picture is using double meat or some shit, the sub in the picture is the default, no-extras deal.
>>
>>7119535
>tfw as a teen used to come home from my shifts at Mcdonalds stinking of the fries. I never even worked on the fries area
>>
Ex sandwich artist here, rate my sub

Cold cut combo double meat, American cheese, lettuce, pickles, olives, mayo, mustard, oil and vinegar maybe salt and pepper
>>
>>7131366
>is it acceptable to explain that you want your sub to look as advertisement-quality as possible?

OFC it is. They make the sandwich in front of you. You can see what they're doing and direct their every move. If you want more or less of something and they get it wrong it's your own damn fault for not speaking up and telling them what you want.

>>Like, there's no way that a cheese steak sub that they give you uses the same amount of meat in the advertised picture.

There is the same amount of meat used, by weight. It would be false advertising if it was not. However what DOES happen is that the ingredients & photographic setup is carefully prepared to make the food look as appetizing as possible..

>>So can you say you want it with that amount of meat, like in the picture

All of the meat amounts are set by policy. It's consistent. That's why all the meats are pre-portioned ready to go.

>>the sub in the picture is the default, no-extras deal.
Yes. It's also carefully arranged to make it look like there's as much meat as possible.
>>
>>7131394
More to the point, I meant to state that I wanted it to look like in the picture since the picture looks like it has more meat on it by default, and NOT have to pay the stupid extra meat fee to have something match what should be the picture which is default.
>>
>>7131402

Ask them to pile up the meat in the same way that the picture does and it will look the same. You're not being cheated out of any meat, it's simply that the sandwich in the photo was carefully prepped and expertly photographed whereas the subs you eat are...well...not.
>>
>>7131385
>Ex sandwich artist here

Ar. Why Murcun cheese? And I use the term loosely.
>>
>>7120240
Sharks are so darn scary but this one is cute.
>>
>>7119612
>We'e working for only a little over minimum wage, and

Than quit, here's a tip; get a better job
>>
>>7125072
Eat shit, m8erino. I'll continue to get everything on my subs until the day I die.
>>
>>7119528
Is there a proper way to ask for my sub to be toasted twice? Is there a difference between asking for "toasted twice" and "double-toasted". Like, are there different buttons or heat settings on the oven they use depending on how you ask for it? It seems like sometimes they do 30 seconds and sometimes it seems like longer.

If I wanted them to put the veggies on before toasting, then I asked for it to be toasted 3 or 4 times would that be weird?
>>
>>7131512
At my subway (not op) the buttons on the toaster set the timer for, for example, 15 seconds for a 6 inch, 20 seconds for a footlong, and 30 seconds for 2 footlongs.

So "double toasted" is not exactly double the time toasted, but toasting twice is inconvenient because we'd have to set the timer again halfway through.

Yes that would be weird, but most people would still oblige and probably won't judge you for it. Just don't try it when it's busy
>>
>>7122327
boring/10
>>
>>7122327
>Americans like mild cheese
>and then put FUCKING OIL on their sandwiches??
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.