[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, I found a sloppy recipe for crepes (planning on adding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: n.jpg (203 KB, 670x446) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
203 KB, 670x446
Hey /ck/, I found a sloppy recipe for crepes (planning on adding nutella). I wanted to know if it sound good enough? Has anybody ever made crepes? Any tips?

-4 big spoons wheat flour
-200ml milk
-100g margarine
-2 eggs

Mix all in a bowl, put it in refrigerator for 20mins
Heat fridge on stove, fire low setting
Spray cooking spray on fridge
Dump mixture in fridge
Stir fridge a bit so mixture is spread evenly
Wait, check it
Flip it
When it's done take it out and put it in a plate
Add nutella
Fold crepe
Squirt some chocolate sauce over it

...So, does it sound ok? Does anything sound wrong? I'm very inexperienced, sorry.
>>
File: 1446045025749-ck.jpg (27 KB, 540x431) Image search: [Google]
1446045025749-ck.jpg
27 KB, 540x431
>>7118921
>nutella
>>
>>7118942
Then what do I use, human shit? Horse shit?
>>
>>7118921
Or just cut the crepe and use those fingers that FSM gave us and shovel that Nutella down your goddamn throat.
>>
>>7118921

> margarine

Yeah no
>>
File: IMG_20140926_204211.png (56 KB, 330x153) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140926_204211.png
56 KB, 330x153
>>7118955
I don't understando
>>
>>7118965
this desu
>>
>>7118965
>>7118972
Do I just not add it then? Or should I use a replacement
>>
File: 0678.jpg (81 KB, 259x383) Image search: [Google]
0678.jpg
81 KB, 259x383
I don't know what a big spoon is. There seems to be too much fat, mine have about 1 part melted butter to 5 parts liquid. It should be a thin batter, so it helps to use a blender to avoid lumps. I add a small amount of sugar and salt. They cook very quick, I usually do them on medium. By fridge it appears you mean pan. You pour in the batter and rotate the pan around, you don't stir it.

Basically everything sounds wrong, so I can't even tell if you are being serious honestly.
>>
>>7118976
Butter. Margarine is pig disgusting and it should never enter your house.
>>
>>7118979
Oh my fucking god, why did I confuse pan with fridge.
Sorry, not the best at english :(
Yeah, I meant pan. Fuck.

I'm really serious. I'm just really retarded. That helps a lot though. Thank you kind Anon !
>>
your batter sounds fine. the important part is making sure it's chilled properly and then spreading it as thin as possible in your pan IMMEDIATELY.

from there you're p much just making a pancake, only with the quickness
>>
>>7118989
I would find a youtube video of somebody making crepes and watch them do it so you have a better idea what is supposed to happen
>>
>>7118996
>your batter sounds fine.
no
>the important part is making sure it's chilled properly
That's by far the least important part. The only thing resting/chilling does is give the batter time for the bubbles to rise to the top. You can use crepe batter right away, you just get lots of minuscule holes in your crepe, which doesn't matter for many applications and doesn't affect the taste.
>>
>>7118921
Every time I scroll by and see this thread, I think it's a roasted chicken drumstick in some kind of sauce.
>>
>>7118921
nice meme food
>>
>>7118998
Okay, I'll try.
>>7118996
>>7119013
G-guys... You are confusing me... ;_; What do then...???
>>7119077
Crepes are very rare where I live... I have to drive a few good kilometers just to find a place that makes them, and they're not even that good...
>>
>>7119013
>cutting a sentence off mid way through

nice reading skills br0. you can totally make a perfect crepe by just chilling the batter and doing nothing else.
>>
>>7118921
Can't you just buy pancake mix?
>>
>>7119135
That doesn't even exist where I live...
>>
>>7119097
Don't expect serious responses here. /ck/ is a den of autists who don't actually know how to cook. Get out while you still can.
>>
>>7119143
Where do you live?

Crepes have no recipe. Little flour, egg sugar salt and oil. Mix it. Give it flour milk and (mineral) water until you get a nice amount batter, with a creamy,thick konsistency.
>>
The margarine amount is way too much. Use 3 or 4 tablespoons oil. Don't use oil spray, instead of real oil.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ_a8VXhiSc

NUTELLA
U
T
E
L
L
A
>>
>>7119152
yeah because throwing a spoonful of nutella on a thin pancake is cooking

get the fuck out of here turn off your computer
>>
>>7119230
In an isolated island, kind of third world...
Thank you for the tip.
>>7119152
But I'm autist retard too my friend :D
>>7119239
Is real oil really ok? I'm not even sure spray exists here anyway...
>>
File: 1444885763491.jpg (67 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1444885763491.jpg
67 KB, 960x640
Way too many different units of measurement. Where did you even find this? Just use the allrecipes one, if anything.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16383/basic-crepes/

>Heat fridge on stove

>>7118987
There is absolutely nothing wrong with margarine.
>>
File: hihihihuhu.jpg (27 KB, 480x474) Image search: [Google]
hihihihuhu.jpg
27 KB, 480x474
>>7119480
Sorry... My english isn't the best

Stop making fun of me, man! I said fridge because it sounds like the word for pan in my language!
The mental image of heating up a whole fridge on a stove, though...
...Alright, you win, it's actually pretty hilarious.

I found the recipe in an old recipe book I had in a drawer...
Thanks for the link m8
>>
>>7118921
2 eggs
Olive oil
Milk
Flour

Batter should be like thick water. Add more flour/milk if you cook it and it looks fucked up Add baking soda+ lemon juice (put it on the soda to activate it and mix it in)
>>
Too much fat, too many eggs, and who knows how many spoons of flour that is? Why not just use an existing crepe recipe, yours doesn't seem like it's trying to be anything but just an ordinary crepe recipe.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.