[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: thanksgiving leftovers.jpg (1 MB, 1751x1951) Image search: [Google]
thanksgiving leftovers.jpg
1 MB, 1751x1951
Sup co/ck/do/ck/ers, what do you do with your thanksgiving leftovers? Be it the humble sandwich with miracle whip, or something a little more involved, what's your go-to-dish.

Also, with all the carcass broth made yesterday, anyone got a great recipe for turkey noodle soup?
>>
>>7118769
oh yeah, I forgot, /ck/ doesn't cook anymore, just shitposts memes, fast food, and youtube "celebrities."
>>
>>7119236

Well you started this shitty thread by shitposting in literally the second word of the OP, and then continued your shitposting by talking about miracle whip and then asking for a recipe.

So see yourself back to /v/
>>
>>7119265
Are you literally retarded?

>saying how they eat something and asking for recipes is shitposting
>on a food and cooking board

No wonder I no longer browse this shitty place.
>>
Leftover yams. Heat, then mash/whip them with browned garlic, extra butter, black pepper and a dash of sugar or maple syrup.
>>
>>7118769
Turkey enchiladas with pepperjack cheese and green chilis. Every year.
>>
I just eat the left overs. I'm not a fag that needs to spruce a perfect meal up.
>>
File: Nasturtium.jpg (980 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Nasturtium.jpg
980 KB, 2560x1920
I made a turkey sandwich out of some thin-sliced breast meat.

>Mayo+Dijon mustard both sides
>Nasturtium greens from the garden (it tastes peppery, kind of like mustard mixed with cabbage)
>Tomato

Also, we'll be making stuffing pie out of the leftovers soon. Think shepherds pie with the meat replaced with leftover turkey stuffing.

My stuffing has pork in it as well as lots of vegetables. We made enough to fit in a 20 pound bird and then make a 8x10 dish of it. I had 4 people total to feed for thanksgiving.
>>
>>7119415
That sounds amazing.

I'm boring, so I just do turkey sandwiches with mustard (not a mayo/Miracle Whip fan). This year, I happen to have swiss cheese and some leftover cranberry sauce that I'm adding to them, too, so slightly less boring. It was just me and my partner sharing a turkey this year, so we'll have leftovers for a while if we don't have anyone else to trick into eating them. My friend's mom made a turkey casserole of some sort one year when I was staying with them. Might hit her up and ask about it.
>>
Had the obligatory turkey sandwich with white bride, mayo and black pepper. Was meh.
>>
>>7119415
That actually sounds really damn good. How do you do it?
>>
>>7118769
Turkey n dumplings later cause I've got way too much stock and buttermilk leftover so fuck it.
>>
I didn't get any leftovers.

We went to two other houses for meals and came home to an empty fridge.

Sucks man.

You endure the green bean casserole and cranberry Jello in order to make sick ass sandwiches for the next few days while watching football.

I got the green bean casserole followed by eight hours of traffic, a cold house, instant ramen, and work the next day.

Fuck Thanksgiving.
>>
>>7118769
breafkfast hash.
roasted potatoes, cornbread stuffing, gravy egg turkey mushrooms
>>
>>7123744
lrn2tupperware nigga
>>
>>7123813
what, travel with my own tupperware and demand a portion of the meal they served me?
>>
>>7118769
I made turkey soup with: celery, onion, carrots, garlic, chicken broth, tomato paste, turkey, cilantro, green onion, jalapeƱo and alphabet noodles. Added lime before eating, it was damn good
>>
>>7123825
yes. i do this every year for the multiple thanksgivings i attend throughout that week and bring a couple extras so that other guests can take some home, too. maybe because i bring something awesome every year that this makes it more socially acceptable. or maybe i don't give a fuck and people think i'm a boss. probably the former tho.

ideally your host isn't a fuckin turd and is going to try and foist some of the leftovers upon you anyway.
>>
>>7123744
You were invited to two homes to enjoy meals with friends and family, and you're going to come back to 4chan to complain that your greedy ass didn't get some leftovers to make some mediocre sandwiches for a couple of days? Yeah, FUCK THE HOLIDAY, WHAT A SHITSHOW! Jesus Christ, you are legitimately the worst fucking person.
>>
Turkey Pot Pie, OP

I generally have cream, butter, and vegetables leftover from preparing the traditional dishes for the Thanksgiving feast, so making another pie crust and filling it with leftover turkey, more veg, and making a creamy gravy follows naturally. Baked pic related this afternoon.
>>
File: 1447703596664.jpg (21 KB, 402x522) Image search: [Google]
1447703596664.jpg
21 KB, 402x522
Turkey salad:

> shredded turkey
> onion
> craisins
> chopped walnuts
> plain Greek yogurt
> mayo
> dash of nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, pepper

fucking great on sandwiches mang
>>
File: potpie.jpg (359 KB, 1490x822) Image search: [Google]
potpie.jpg
359 KB, 1490x822
>>7123859
>>
>>7123825
Quit eating at shitty people's homes
>>
>>7123861
>mayo and yogurt

You make no sense
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.