[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burger meat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Hey /ck/

I want to make my own burgers but the minced beef you get in the UK is utter shit. Only takes a single piece of gristle or bone chips to put me off.

Any advice on making burgers where I don't have a high chance of needing to spit shit out? Also, any recommended recipes that get the spice/condiment mix perfect?
>>
>>7117740
>the minced beef you get in the UK is utter shit
stop buying cheap meat you pikey twat
>>
>>7117740
>can't get ground beef without bone chips and gristle
Do brits really live this way?
>>
>>7117744

tried buying more expensive stuff, still high chance of gristle
>>
i always use half pork and half beef mince
and always the gristleless kind
>>
>>7117753
you're wrong lad. i buy mince all the time and have never had gristle or bone or anything like that. you're buying at the expensive end of the cheap shit meat, because you're a pikey tbH
>>
1 lb beef mince
2 eggs
2 cups breadcrumbs (i like panko)
3 shakes worcestershire sauce
1 tbs ketchup
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
2 jalapeƱos

delish
>>
>>7117740
fucking chav.
>>
>>7117760
>onion
don't like this in burger meat unless it's been fried off first tbH
>>
>>7117760

Tried using eggs to hold burgers together once. Ended up with a disgusting white jelly around the burger.
>>
you never heard of a fucking butcher you bellend? although supermarket mince is usually fine i've never had gristle or bone in mine.
>>
>>7117763
You have shit-tier taste, m8.
>>
>>7117751
No.
The ground beef we get is fine.

The cheap shitty burgers and sausages OP buys have bone fragments and gristle
>>
>>7117772
nah, it's just the uneven cooking that gets me. the bits near the surface get browned but inside they're just steamed. never tastes as good as if you fry them first them mix them in with the mince tbH
>>
>>7117777

need to chop them finer d00d
>>
Grind your own meat scrub
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.