[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Mexicans the best chefs? No matter what type of restaurant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: tv ainsley_harriott.jpg (8 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
tv ainsley_harriott.jpg
8 KB, 160x120
Are Mexicans the best chefs? No matter what type of restaurant I go to Italian etc...I always see Mexican chefs in the kitchen
>>
>import 50,000,000 mexicans
>be surprised when you start seeing them everywhere
>>
>>7116638
yea but they seem to excel in the culinary world
>>
>>7116655
I dunno. That hasn't been my experiences at all. Around here they either work construction or run drugs. All the restaurants I frequent have mostly white and black staff.
>>
>>7116655
then why are the only notable people in the culinary world asian or white??

roy choi
david chang
christina tosi
antoine bourdain
>>
>>7116655
I wouldn't say they excel. You see them working in kitchens a lot because they'll work for shit pay and will bust their asses while they do it without complaining. Working for minimum wage or less in the US is a better deal than working for a fraction of that amount in Mexico.

Trying to get a white or even black American to bust their ass that hard for so little pay is pretty difficult since they don't want to do hard labor for low pay. Same reason why you see so many Mexicans working construction or doing janitorial work or picking fruits and vegetables on farms.
>>
>>7116627
It's because they come from a 3rd world country where they are forced to learn to cook. Unlike America where even our women no longer know how to even bake a cake, the Mexicans are raised with culinary knowledge
>>
>>7116694
>who is Marcus Samuelson
>who is Cesar Ramirez
>>
Slighty off topic but are Mexicans essentially the same as Native Americans?
>>
>>7116733
yeah they are aztecs that were converted to catholicism and forced to speak spanish
>>
>>7116733
Mexico is a very diverse country. Yeah, there are a lot of pure-blooded natives, but there's also a lot of descendants of Spanish rape babies. You can tell the difference by looking at them.
>>
>I always see Mexican chefs in the kitchen

No, that's just restaurant owners being cheap.

You wanna eat somewhere where the owners spend shit money on hiring staff?
>>
Mexicans are just the most willing to work low paying jobs

It has nothing to do with how good or bad they are at it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.