[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will I make it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
>>
Out of my class of 30 students, 14 dropped out (you ring a bell to signify quitting)

It's a grueling 5 year program and you really have no idea what's coming. All I can say is stay strong in your faith in God and remember that no matter what, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>7116199

I work for LCS in the Stewarding department as management. I'll see you soon OP.
>>
I'll never understand why people would go to culinary school without ever having worked in a restaurant, so many people have these insane overidealized notions of what the industry is like and they just throw so much money away
>>
already been accepted, have 4 years experience. I am 20. I just wanna get some money before i go in. Shit's expensive.
>>
>>7116222
That's like saying you need to be a cop before you become a lawyer. It's not just technique they're teaching, idiot
>>
>>7116228

no, it's like saying that you should understand what cops do before becoming a cop
>>
>>7116199
BTW winter is considered jan 16'
>>
>>7116222
you're stupid, you need 6 months MINIMUM experience before they even consider.
>>
>>7116231
Heating edible stuff sure sounds like rocket science, amigo
>>
>>7116242
get off the board
>>
>>7116199
After 10 years in the industry I don't see any reason to go to culinary school. Looks nice on a resume but so does experience. CIA in Hyde Park is a beautiful campus though & if nothing else you should able to ash tons of pussy
>>
>>7116238
working as a hostess at red robin for six months isn't exactly experience.

i would say back of house for at least a year should be mandatory.
>>
>>7116281
it looks nice in a résumé to the GM, not necessarily the head chef, which should be doing the hiring.

experience > degrees always wins in the service industry.
>>
>>7116199
Travis Contreras?
>>
>>7116211
>you ring a bell to signify quitting
Holy fuck. Do they think life is a movie?
>>
>>7116616
:^)
>>
>>7116680
Kek, are you serious?
>>
>>7116700
yes, go patriots!
>>
>>7116211
Is this a meme? I honestly can't tell anymore

5 years to learn how to cook?

What a colossal waste of time.
>>
>>7116199

I wish you luck.

Unlike some people on this board... I like seeing people succeed. That is what America is all about. Which is why I'm voting for Donald Trump.
>>
>paying 100,000+ dollars to work 80 hours a week cutting veg, whilst being verbally abused and earning very little more than minimum wage

Why?
>>
>>7116238
that's only for CIA, assfuck

>>7116242
he was saying people are thowing away money studying to work in restaurants w/o knowing what it's like and whether theyll like it, which is different than whatever the fuck youre saying you inbred no-reading-comprehension shitlord

>>7116806
eww that was a pathetic attempt at trolling you make me sick faggot

>>7116828
keke so much this
>>
>>7116828
>not accepting discipline
>>
File: tRrHYxq.gif (2 MB, 371x500) Image search: [Google]
tRrHYxq.gif
2 MB, 371x500
>>7116238
>CIA
>>
>>7116828
Because

>b-but muh dream of being an enterprising chef with his own line of critically acclaimed restaurants!

Try out for the NFL while you're at it. It's cheaper.
>>
>>7116199
>culinary arts
Fucking lol. But yeah it's pretty much up to you. How much of your life you're willing to dedicate to making food. The only way you're going to have a chance to get to the top is if you sacrifice a HUGE propotion of your life to the kitchen.
>>
>>7116199
I feel like you'd get a better education just buying knifes and a uniform then offering to starge at good restaurants, and writing down everything you see/do/learn. If you can afford this you can afford that.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.