[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good alternative to Starbucks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: starbucks.png (114 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
starbucks.png
114 KB, 512x512
What's a good alternative to Starbucks?
>>
Literally any other coffee shop.

Like what do you expect us to say?
>>
>>7115490
I once drank turpentine and quickly realized it was much better than the best coffee Starbucks had to offer.
>>
Folgers.
>>
>>7115490
local coffee house, or make your own.

These days I just order all of my beans from maithaicoffee.com and grind and brew my own.

A single serve coffee grinder will set you back like 10 bucks. A decent french press another 20. You'll pay for all of your materials within 10 cups compared to the overpriced shitty coffee at starbucks.

If you want dessert coffees keep some flavored syrups, whipped creme and chocolate and caramel in squeeze bottles.
>>
>>7115533
>A single serve coffee grinder will set you back like 10 bucks.

>blade grinders
>for coffee
>in 2015

yikes
>>
>>7115490
food lion brand french roast if you have access.
If not, maybe find out who roast there store brand coffee, it's probably in other stores. 4.39 a 12 oz bag at full price and better than star bucks.
>>
>>7115542
Mine's actually a cheap burr grinder. Cast iron with a wooden drawer. got it at a thrift shop for 3 bucks. I'm guessing at the retail.
>>
File: 1322634170251.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1322634170251.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>>7115533
>dessert coffees
>"coffees"
>>
>>7115611
whipped creme and a dribble of syrup is why people go to Starbucks.

I drink my coffee black, like someone who actually likes coffee. My recommendations are still sound for OP.
>>
>>7115628
>whipped creme and a dribble of syrup is why people go to Starbucks.
I used to work at sbux, about 1/2 the people get coffee/american/latte's and half the people get the disgusting degenerate dessert drinks.

Even one pump of that syrup (we put 4 in most medium drinks) is goddam grotesque.
And it's always the same people who get the same sugar pumped shit, day after day. Really gross t.b.h., I hate being judgemental but it's hard to respect people that pump their body full of poison. I mean I smoke but for some reason sugar seems way more degenerate
>>
I live in Canada and I prefer Mcdonalds coffee over Tim Hortons.
>>
Suicide
>>
>>7115680
I used to work at waves (canadian coffee chain, slightly better than starbucks but still not very good) and a lady would come in and get a large caramel latte made breve (steamed half and half cream instead of milk), I did the math one day and it was over 1000 calories, very gross
>>
>>7115713
for just plain coffee Mcdonalds is easily the best fast food option. Don't get an espresso based drink at any fast food place, you'll regret it. Tim Hortons is pretty terrible coffee honestly.
>>
>>7115490

Dean and Deluca.
>>
If money's a non-issue, Starbucks honestly is probably the best option for coffee if the store has a clover machine and reserve coffees. Granted this will cost like $5 a cup but I can't really think of anywhere that offers anything better than that

Everything else at starbucks basically fucking sucks because they've been catering to the fat hamplanet frappuccino XTRA XTRA SWEET crowd for a while now, and the fact that you can essentially never be fired leads to a lot of shitters who can't make drinks properly
>>
If you're in Canada, Tim Hortons.
>>
>>7115490
Cofee
>>
>>7115811
Yeah...if you hate coffee and love the taste of chicory.
>>
File: disgust2.jpg (30 KB, 360x447) Image search: [Google]
disgust2.jpg
30 KB, 360x447
>>7115805
Jesus christ

You're one of those people who legitimately believes starbucks is for patrician, elite cool hipsters, aren't you
>>
>>7115824
I think their french vanilla coffee is pretty good, their iced capps and iced coffees aren't half bad either. Don't really have anything else there though. All my local coffee places make really shitty iced coffee so that's the best I can get around here.
>>
>>7115826
nah son i fucking hate starbucks

clover coffee is good though if you're retarded enough to blow 5$ for a cup of it though
>>
>>7115829
if you just want drinks made from a powder you can just do it yourself.
>>
>>7115490
caribou.
>>
>>7115832
Which powder should I be getting? Since I've been thinking it would be way easier and cheaper just making shit at home.
>>
>>7115846
http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en-ca/product/drink-mixes/french-vanilla-cappuccino-mix.html

I liked it as a kid, but now I just find it revolting. When I worked at Tim Hortons 10 years ago I found it hilarious when large groups of Pakis would come in and ADD packets of sugar to their french vanillas. Fucking weirdos
>>
>>7115830
Clover isn't going to magically turn shit into good coffee
>>
>>7115850
Thanks a bunch man, I'll have to pick some up eventually.

And what the hell, seriously? That shit is sweet enough as is though.
>>
>>7115490
just make your own
coffee/teas are so fucking easy
source: im an awful cook
>>
>>7115680
Can confirm, currently working for Starbucks, and the caramel brûlée syrup contains a grotesque amount of sugar. The pump literally squirts out 3-4 pumps in as one.
>>
>>7116686
No, one pump pumps one pump, as common sense might make you expect it to.
>>
Starbucks hot greem tea latte with 0 pumps of sugar and extra green tea powder is really good. Share a venti for a date with the gf.

Otherwise i make my own coffee with a $20 hand drip she got me. Order beans ground online because I cant be bothered to grind as well. Hand drip is slow but does the job.
I can justify my love of black coffee, but i cant justify spending more than $20 a week for it.
>>
heterosexuality
>>
>>7115490
Peet's Coffee. It's like an upgraded Starbucks. Otherwise go somewhere local or drive to a city and get something there. Independent shops can blow chains out of the water.
>>
>>7115490
actual tumors
>>
>>7115542
Look at you fuckin shithead. Get out of herevwithbyour shiity crank shaft coffe grinder. An electric blade grinder is absolutely fine to use for coffee. I have one and Im sure you and I could not begin to tell the difference. You fucking fedora. I bet you absolutely need to drink your 15 year old scotch in fancy glass.

>nobody fuckin loves you twat.
>>
File: humans.jpg (731 KB, 1800x1215) Image search: [Google]
humans.jpg
731 KB, 1800x1215
>>7115490
I don't like Starbucks cuz it tastes burnt.

I do like:
McDonalds Premium Roast
Tim Hortons
Dunkin Donuts
7-11
White Castle (yes they have good coffee)

hate burnt tasting coffee
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.