[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So coo/ck/s, instead of wasting time every day going to the store
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 453.jpg (107 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
453.jpg
107 KB, 400x300
So coo/ck/s, instead of wasting time every day going to the store to get food for dinner, I've decided to stop being lazy and plan ahead.
What are some good meals you like to prepare in advance?
What meals should I put on the weekly plan? Recommendations?

Also more generally, how do you decide what to have for dinner every day?
>>
>>7112108
I usually plan a weeks meals, I don't usually premake meals, sometimes I'll make some Bolognese and freeze a few portions (cos I love bolognese) but yeah. My GIRLFRIEND and I usually share cooking duties.
>>
>>7112118

So how do you decide what you want to eat in 4 days? I sometimes can't even make up my mind about what to eat this evening.
>>
>>7112136
I don't set-up a schedule, but usually just the general form '2 rice dishes, 1 pasta, a soup' etc. and then buy various meats and veggies and work it out later. I don't think there i much use autismal planning meal by meal. Sometimes you'll want to change it
>>
OP, write a list of meals you like, buy the ingredients for said meals, then do it
>>
>>7112215
I guess I'm just overthinking things. Trying to come up with specific meals in advance and being "economic" about the sopping.
Instead of just buying things I like and improvising. *shrug*
>>
Reheated food tastes like Shit.
>>
>>7112408
This is true, but it's what you got to do when you want to save some bucks.

That being said a good thermos goes a long way if you take a few minutes in the morning to heat your food up on the stove or in the oven instead of microwaving.

If it's not just leftovers you're taking, but actually preparing food to take. Perhaps OP could cook it most of the way and save the rest for the morning to avoid that overcooked taste.
>>
>>7112108
How is preparing in advance less lazy than cooking fresh? It's less work overall.
>>
>>7112439

Maybe lazy wasn't the right word, but right now I have to stop what I'm doing during the day to go do groceries and figure out what to get when I do.
Seemed like I'd waste less time if I planned ahead and stuff so I only have to make a weekly trip for groceries instead of daily.
>>
>>7112408
depends on what it is you're reheating and how
the other day I microwaved a sandwich that I made using a french baguette and it actually tasted better out of the microwave
>>
>>7112448
What was on the sandwich? Never really considered microwaving sandwiches.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.