[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask an inuit canucker anything. As americans call "Eskimos"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2
File: inuit_fishing_large.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
inuit_fishing_large.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
Ask an inuit canucker anything. As americans call "Eskimos"

I grew up around traditional food but now it is very hard to get due to me moving to the city to be closer to my family.
>>
>>7111309
How does it feel to know that people on Canadian reservations are known for drugs, drunkenness, and pedophilia? That it is incredibly hard to prosecute, and has nothing to do with you personally?

Also, I'm incredibly jealous of your legal polar bear and seal skin clothes.
>>
>>7111309
So, my man say he been working late, but then Trina call me and tell me she seen his ass in the club, but then when I ask him about this nonsense, he tell me he loves me. How do I make him tell me the truth, but keep our love million dollar strong?
>>
>>7111318
Riveting absolutely riveting. The story of Tina and her Boo will absolutely captivate the audience and keep them wondering what all that nonsense be about. nah mean ?
>>
>>7111309
Can you take me whaling?
>>
>>7111316

There are reservations then there are northern communities. Inuit and First Nations are generally covered as the same for the most part, just slightly differences.

Drugs, drunkenness and pedophilia are still taboo. I have been grown up heavily around those things and have seen a lot. Not many inuit or first nations do not report those things and are unusually silenced due to fear. Most cases the perpetrator ends up coming back to being more violent towards the victims and will repeat until they are kicked out of their communities/reservations.

As for the coats, mitts, mukluks are traditionally worn during throat singing, drumming and traditional games in town. We just typically use modern day winter wear.
>>
>>7111309
How do you get those fish to jump through the hole?
>>
>>7111342

can you answer this black woman >>7111318?
>>
I made a wish on the northern lights
that I could find a decent pair of whale skin tights
I'm the only gay eskimo in my tribe
>>
>>7111336
If you can afford 10 k plane tickets per person and maybe 8k a day then yes.
>>
does your face skin feel as warm and leathery as it looks?
>>
>>7111309
What's a typical Inuit dinner?
>>
Ever eat whale blubber? What's the best way to cook seal? Ever eat it raw?
>>
Are you enjoying our free tax dollars for your undeserved shit?
>>
>>7111309
Have you ever eaten kiviaq, and if so, is it as nasty as it looks?
>>
>>7111342
Man that sucks. Wish you had more support from police. I had a friend who worked in the emergency room near a res deal with a raped 1 year olds wounds. Her mother brought her to a party on a res and left her alone. Absolutely negligent on her part. Had no idea how bad things could get until he told me about it. Apparently it's not an isolated incident.

Good luck man. Hope the good parts of your culture and life out weigh the bad.
>>
>>7112058
It's amazing what generations of genocide and oppression can do to a people.
>>
>>7112060
It made the Jews rich.
>>
>>7111309
How do you feel about paleo dieters claiming Inuits are one of the healthiest peoples in the world?
>>
>>7112060
its amazing what subhumans can do when they are "oppressed"
>>
>>7111309
How do you locals feel about workers coming up from southern Canada?
>>
>>7111497
Could be your average chicken dinner or processed foods. Traditional dinners could be seal, narwhal, beluga and the all time favourite caribou with of course bannock/deep fried bannock.
>>
>>7111513
Yes when I ate whale blubber when I was young.

Best way to cook seal is with stew. No our town did not eat it raw.
>>
>>7111987

Inuit pay taxes, we have our own government that's different from the first nations. But I do enjoy getting paid to go to college.
>>
>>7113613
Some like enjoy having someone new around and some people don't like it so much.
>>
Who would win in a fight between your people and the Australian aborigines? Traditional weapons only.

I don't think you've met in combat before but we live in a globalized world now.
>>
>>7111309
A relative of mine is actually moving from Toronto to Iqualit to run a restaurant there. How fucked is he going to be?
>>
>>7112060
>blaming others
Fuck you
>>
>>7111309

I rub my nose against my daughters and call them Eskimo kisses.

Do you guys do that, is it a thing?

I wanted to ask you more but its hunting season, will check back cuz.
>>
>>7114944
grow up.
>>
I understand where the alcohol and drug abuse comes from, but where does the pedophilia come from?
I don't understand how that be a local problem, surely pedophiles must be more or less equally common everywhere.
>>
>>7114981
shit learned in residential schools passed down through generations, tbqh
>>
>>7114972
It's never your fault, right?

>found the liberal
>>
>>7114972
>not taking personal responsibility
Do your parents still pay all of your bills?
>>
>>7111309
What do seal and polar bear taste like?
>>
>>7111309
Enjoy your muktuk polar gook.
>>
>>7111309
Are you from Nunavut?
I'llgo there one day when I can afford the flight.
>>
How concerned are you about the high levels of mercury and other persistent environmental contaminants in marine mammals?
>>
I went to baffin island and it was beautiful but the natives creeped my out, they were your basic trailer trash in shitty modular housing. And at the visitor center they gave us moose stew with green bell pappers in it, wtf?

anyway, how do you feel about your fellow First Nationers, are they scum or are they redeemable?
>>
>>7114944
You're the product of your society.
Do you think that successful business owners became that way without depending on the trust of others?
>>
>>7115090
>>7115103
libertarians gtfo
>>
>>7115958
I'm successful and I didn't rely on the trust of others at all.
>>
>>7114960
We don't do the eyelash thing it's creepy.
>>
>>7115979
>I grew up in a vacuum
So you're an orphan who was never schooled and you never benefitted from civic infrastructure?
>>
>>7114981
They are common everywhere it doesn't matter where you go.
>>
File: img_4752.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
img_4752.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>7112096
Actually when hunting is scarce there is usually nothing but processed foods because northern communities never get access to fresh produce. If we do the prices are insane,
>>
>>7115329
Baffin island and moose? You sure it wasn't caribou? It's a real treat if you grew up around it. Northern communities look like reservations and some live in poor conditions and some don't.

First Nations or Inuit? There's a difference between the two.
>>
>>7111309
How does hunting huge animals work? How do you split it up?
>>
>>7111423
8k a day? What kind of racket are you running? And can I get in on it?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.