[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people using up perfectly good oxygen RIGHT NOW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: starbucks-logo.jpg (257 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
starbucks-logo.jpg
257 KB, 1024x768
>there are people using up perfectly good oxygen RIGHT NOW who get triggered by Starbucks because it makes them feel culturally inadequate
How does it feel to have an actual inferiority complex about those cool, pretentious, infuriatingly elite privileged aristocrats who drink burned fast food chain coffee mixed with shit-tier antibiotic hormone skim milk?

Reflect upon your life and despair, /ck/.
>>
>>7107257
>>
Elitists go to local coffee places and roasters

You must be from one of those flyover lands
>>
>>7110183
found the oxygen thief
>>
>>7110183
Yeah, I never understood the hate boner /ck/ has for Starbucks. I've seen "pretentious" and "hipster" used to describe their clientele. What backwater, podunk fucking nowhere town does someone have to live in for Starbucks to be "pretentious" or "hipster?" The ubiquity of Starbucks makes them the fucking McDonald's of coffee.
>>
>>7110179
That's a coffee thread
This is a Starbucks thread
Lrn2 difference
>>
>>7110172
I don't understand their customers. Every argument I have with them is "your coffee is burnt" to which they all reply "yes anon but you don't go to Starbucks for their coffee, you get their latte or frapp"
But....isn't that the same burnt base with a fuck ton of sugar, whipped cream & other toppings?...
>>
>>7111901
Sugar and whipped cream can make anything taste good
>>
> because it makes them feel culturally inadequate

eheheheh nice try fucktard
>>
>>7112318
Greenbubbles McPoor doesn't know the feel of tumbling on her ibook from the cultural center of his wealthy suburb
Sorry about your STEM degree
>>
Am I the only person in this thread who likes the taste of Starbucks coffee?
>>
File: 1446638246426-ck.jpg (83 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1446638246426-ck.jpg
83 KB, 460x460
>>7112337
>STEM degree
>poor

bro
>>
>>7110264
> The ubiquity of Starbucks makes them the fucking McDonald's of coffee
Their ubiquity might, but their coffee doesn't. McDonalds' coffee is actually good.
>>
>>7112361
I bought one in a bookstore the other day and the sugar-free mocha flavoring that I asked for made it taste like a hot chocolate. I liked it, sf syrups usually taste funny.
>>
>>7110190
Found the non-neurotypical
>>
>>7112376
I got my social justice degree from Vassar because my parents loved me enough that I'll never have to work
Don't mind me I'll be fighting racism on the internet while your whining about how your not being interviewed for a job designing video games because of your penis
>>
I never drink Starbucks since the price is ridiculous. But my work gave me a $20 Starbucks giftcard so I bought some of their (overpriced) coffee beans yesterday. Worst coffee I've ever bought. BURNT! Indistinguishable from ground-up charcoal. If I can't find someone who wants it I'm gonna throw it out.
>>
>>7112423
Bitch, STEM people designed the device you're using to "fight racism". Without them you would be stuck with a fucking soapbox.
>>
>>7112447
No they didn't. My best friend majored in philosophy and she's pulling down $120k working at Google

Meanwhile you haven't designed diddly squat because HR departments are designed to screen out you racist sexist neanderthals by checking their facebook history

Have fun fantasizing about a reality that doesn't actually exist

Also:

http://science.slashdot.org/story/15/11/25/1326242/engineers-nine-times-more-likely-than-expected-to-become-terrorists
>>
>>7112462
HAHA it's true (I work in the IT field), we get hundreds of applicants for the smallest positions and we wind up filtering out motherfuckers first by applying the is- this-guy-a-nutjob-test. This does not only include racists but people that are overly concerned with things like SJ and like to sprinkle that shit all over their cover letters. You come here to do work, not spread your stupid opinions.
>>
Does anyone know why they burn the shit out of their coffee? Is it to make it more 'consistent'?
>>
>>7114323
It's that mostly. Also acidic coffee bothers the pleb.
>>
>>7114323
Starbucks was founded in Seattle, and the west coast generally prefers darker roasts. That's why they started offering lighter roasts, for the east coast Dunkin Donuts plebs who like brown water.
>>
>>7114374
>the west coast generally prefers darker roasts
Tell that to the people on the east coast who have been drinking bustelo for years before starbucks was a national chain
>>
>>7114323
It's supposed to be dark the baristas also suck
>>
>>7114374

Dunkin Donuts came back here to LA for the first time in decades, line around the block every single day since the doors opened.
>>
>>7114350
Acidic coffee a shit
dark roast master race
>>
>240 °C (464 °F) French Roast
>Dark brown, shiny with oil, burnt undertones, acidity diminished. At the end of second crack. Roast character is dominant, none of the inherent aroma or flavors of the coffee remain.

I assume standard Starbucks coffee falls around here. "None of the inherent aroma or flavors of the coffee remain."
>>
>>7112433
I'm gonna try buying some not-burnt-to-shit coffee and mixing them together, so the end result at least tastes a little like coffee.
>>
>>7114390
Why? I can think of at least a dozen places to get donuts in LA without waiting in a line like an idiot.
>>
>>7114405
>what is novelty
>>
>>7114409
I don't know, but I can tell you what it's not: a reason to wait in a long line for a fucking doughnut.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.