[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mass Produced Lager Tier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 16
File: beertier.png (631 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
beertier.png
631 KB, 800x1200
>This ain't ya fancy craft/ales list, git 'awt

My interpretation based on this seasons sippings, drippings, tipplings and binging.

>Great:

Sagres
Estrella
Peroni
Efes

>Decent:

San Miguel
Sol
Cobra
Kingfisher

>Meh:

Corona
Heineken
Kronenbourg
Stella Artois
Tiger
Grolsch

>Shit:

Budweiser
Coors
Fosters
Becks
Carling
Carlsberg

Biased list? Based list? Tell me, /ck/, are you flustered? Don't blow your... cap.
>>
Budweiser is a a pilsner
>>
File: ohboy.gif (500 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
ohboy.gif
500 KB, 500x269
>>7110033
Oh dear, are you already on your third beer tonight lil bud? Pace yourself.
>>
stella should be decent desu senpai
>>
>Good Tier
Tiger
Pilsner Urqell
Staropramen
San Miguel
Lowenbrau
Tyskie

>Okay tier
Grolsch
Estrella
Cobra
Stella
Budvar
Amstel
Kingfisher

>Not good tier
Fosters
Budweiser
Heineken
Corona
Sol
Brahma
Carlsberg
Becks

>Shit tier
Carling
Tuborg
Oranjeboom
Coors Light
>>
File: evenkidswontdrinkit.jpg (31 KB, 562x320) Image search: [Google]
evenkidswontdrinkit.jpg
31 KB, 562x320
>>7110075

During my strenuous labouring this summer, I'd have been inclined to agree with you since it's all my colleague would buy and on a hot day son, you aren't fussed.

But it's precisely that, Americanos love Stella a bit more than us Brits, not to say we don't also like it but it's just a matter of taste. It became a complacent pint that I'd hammer for a binge but not for anything else.

Having said that, it is the highlight of the Meh category, well tied with 1664.
>>
>>7110083
I like this
>>
PBR is decent
>>
File: 1d9d57a000051dd64625147a.jpg (473 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1d9d57a000051dd64625147a.jpg
473 KB, 2048x1536
>>7110083

Smashing work, I'm enjoying Tyskie quite a bit lately, don't know why I excluded it from the list, it's up at the top. Those Czechs make a lovely bottle of pisswatter.

I'm having a bit of hard on for South American lagers at the moment, Sagres is like the twin that got the good genes whilst Brahma got the tumours.
>>
ITT: plebs
>>
>>7110125
This. Where the fuck is PBR?
>>
>>7110075
Decent if you want to puke from taste
>>
>>7109994
>sol

it's a fucking mexican lager, it's all the same shit. certainly not better than stella.
>>
File: 1439066315160.png (35 KB, 537x515) Image search: [Google]
1439066315160.png
35 KB, 537x515
>no yuengling on any of these "lists"
>>
File: dontgettriggered.png (1 MB, 659x971) Image search: [Google]
dontgettriggered.png
1 MB, 659x971
>>7110149

Eh, the general rule of thumb is if a corner store, chain, booze shop, pub, bar or wholesaler doesn't stock it, then it doesn't make the cut.

Hunting a lager down to enjoy is a bit daft, the only type of 'Murrican piss brew I'd go to the effort for is more or less any Dogfish Head out of curiosity.

Regardless, I doubt many Britshits have heard of PBR, much less want anything to do with the pagan, hipster water.
>>
>>7110180

>Mass produced

Yuengling is a craft brewery, dumbass.
>>
File: Miller High Life.jpg (119 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Miller High Life.jpg
119 KB, 768x1024
>>7109994
>>
File: PBR 2.jpg (1 MB, 1504x1840) Image search: [Google]
PBR 2.jpg
1 MB, 1504x1840
I enjoy PBR.

If hurling insults at strangers over their choice of beer makes you feel better about yourself, hurl away.
>>
>>7109994
I agree mostly just bump heiniken, grolsch and kronenbourg up a notch.
>>
Any list for stuff that's commonly available in America?
>>
>>7110249

This much is true, though I've blown my love for Dutch lager after too much, but I would happily replace Sol for that 1664. I'm considering this cerveza phase a palate cleanser (kek)
>>
You wouldn't know a good lager if it bit your dick off
>>
>>7109994
>no glorious Sapporo
>no Asahi

shit list
>>
>>7110208
>stores not stocking PBR
What? It's common as fuck, certainly more common than 90% of the other shit ITT.
>>
>>7110311
name one that I might know
>>
>>7110277

All in the shit tier.
>>
>>7110213
>Yuengling is a craft brewery
It's the fourth highest volume brewery in the country.
>>
File: budweiser.jpg (305 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
budweiser.jpg
305 KB, 1600x1200
>>
>>7110351
Don't be hating, trust me I love the Asahi long time. I didn't include any Jappy brews because I've only found it on tap in one place and it's a lovely country pub somewhere in the South Downs. I don't get to drinking it as much as I'd like but it definitely deserves an honourable mention.

>>7110376
Not every post takes place in the land of the impoverished eagle.
>>
>>7110407
>implying you wouldn't
>>
>>7110083
>Tyskie
>Czech
>>
>top
Lech
Tyskie
Zubr
Zywiec
Warka
Debowe
Stella artois
Carlsberg
>Meh
Budweiser
Heineken
becks
Foster
Oettinger
Landerbrau
>shit
Amstel
Grolsch
Hertog Jan
Schultenbrau

>inb4 pilsner
>>
File: charliegettingitdown.jpg (76 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
charliegettingitdown.jpg
76 KB, 620x387
Here's a fun cultural fact relating to topic. British pisshead culture has lent it's hand to creating some smashing achievements in caveman mixology in the past.

Take the Snakebite for instance, a drink prized for it's effectiveness at getting your average budget drinker up the piss without much effort. Simple really, it's usually the cheapest cider and lager available, most of the time with a bit of cordial chucked in or if you were 'classier' some curacao or grenadine would do the trick.

Basically a more effective 40oz, this would turn you sillier than Kenneth Williams and guarantee you flat on your ass with your dinner streaming out onto the floor.

Completely banned across ye olde land, that's unless you're cosy with the landlord and want to suffer a lock in, it's not the type of drink you'd fancy but it's great to watch other people devolve into animals on the shit.

Behold the power of the mass produced lager, and a backwards drinking culture.
>>
>>7110482
It's not banned just that some places won't serve it. I've been to pubs/clubs that only give it to you in separate glasses and you'll have to mix it yourself.
>>
>>7110482
>illegal
citation needed
>>
>>7110482
>Completely banned across ye olde land, that's unless you're cosy with the landlord and want to suffer a lock in
I don't understand. Other than that it's a stupid thing to ban, what's stopping you from just mixing it yourself? It's not like beer and hard cider aren't everywhere. And what the fuck does the landlord have to do with it? He can't see or care what you drink in your apartment.
>>
>>7110393

It is also the highest volume craft brewery in the country.
>>
>>7110512
It's a meme, you dip.
>>
Let me clarify, I was being too free with my words.

>>7110506
Illegal and banned are two different concepts.

>>7110502
This is true, but your general run of the mill standardized pub these days - one that's a chain or franchised, definitely won't be serving you the drink in it's final form. you could ask for a cider, a lager and whatever fruity tipple all in separate glasses, but that's not the point. It's asking flat out for a Snakebite that's banned. Also clubs will be clubs, that's neither here nor there really.

>>7110512
Loose with my terms by 'across ye olde land' meaning a large majority of pubs across Britain. That question in itself is a bit ridiculous though. Nothing is stopping you from making grain alcohol in the bathtub to the strength of surgical spirit. Even in the very streets people are mixing and drinking worst off combinations.
>>
>>7109994
Sol a tier above corona? Sol is the PBR of Mexico.

Also no Guinness mentions in this thread?
>>
File: studentloansatwork.jpg (2 MB, 3861x2574) Image search: [Google]
studentloansatwork.jpg
2 MB, 3861x2574
>>7110607
>Guinness
No boyo, that'd be an ale.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Efes time, it's 12:23 in Angloland and time for a Turkish meal out of reverence for the lack of thanksgiving equivalent, pairing it course with the God tier Efes lager.
>>
File: winnerfordinner.jpg (63 KB, 615x820) Image search: [Google]
winnerfordinner.jpg
63 KB, 615x820
Got the haul in, quick scan of the pisswater aisle yielded great success, found the Efes in ethnic food next to the Polish concentrated juices (kek)

Nabbed it all for 10 quid. Which has got me thinking...

What sort of prices are you Americanos paying for shit lager up to decent imports. This lot cost me the equivalent of $15, could you as well with the same in Yankland?
>>
>>7110208
>piss brew
>Dogfish Head

No.
>>
>>7112203

You don't refer to lager as piss brew? Didn't mean it as a derogatory term.

Anyway why the fuck is there international policy non-existent, we get the bottom of the list titles and always out of stock. It's a god danged shame, Cleetus. I'd like to get my hands on at least a few of their 90 IPA, wouldn't mind trying plus Midas Touch or Higher Math either.
>>
So from this thread I can tell this board is populated with 20-25 year old hipster males with no taste whatsoever
>>
>>7112254

Father won't let me touch his casks, and if I go near his decanter I'm guaranteed to get the belt.
>>
>>7112246
>You don't refer to lager as piss brew?
Not unless it actually reminds me of piss, like Budweiser, Coors, Busch, Michelob, Natural Lite, etc. Dogfish Head does not belong in the same rank/likening.

>Didn't mean it as a derogatory term.
Don't care.
>>
>>7109994

I really don't see what the fuss about Peroni is, it really isn't that great.

I worked in a fairly posh hotel for a while and people loved it there, think it was £5 a pint.

It isn't bad, but it really isn't that great.
>>
>>7110083

In fairness, if it is cold Coors Light really isn't that bad. It isn't very gassy, doesn't taste of much, and goes down extremely easily so you can drink a lot of it if you like that sort of thing.

Carlsberg is fucking rotten though.
>>
>>7112315

For £5 a pint I'd definitely get something else.

The reason it's high on the list for me is because it's clean. Clean in the sense that I've never had any grogginess the next day, it will do the job for you and leave you in good shape. It's definitely something I bring when I know I'm going to a binger event. Having said that, I wouldn't get it on tap over the others.
>>
Is this an American thread..?
>>
>>7110133
Tyskie is polish
>>
>>7113648
Then those Slovakians know what they're doing.
>>
>>7109994
>peroni, estrella
>good tier
nah
>>
>>7110233
It just doesn't taste very good, man.
Haven't drank it since I was poor and underage.
>>
>>7110407
yikes, m8
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.