[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /ck/ pretend to hate bacon? It's delicious.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (349 KB, 1291x1209) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
349 KB, 1291x1209
Why does /ck/ pretend to hate bacon?
It's delicious.
>>
I am an American and I am ashamed of my bacon. Why can't I get britians bacon?
>>
honestly i think most ppl here just really enjoy food, and so probably ate a lot of bacon during their teenage years and are kinda bored of it now.

or theyre part of the small minority that didnt like it when they first ate it, not helped by the fact a lot of people badly cook already awful quality bacon.
>>
>>7108698
What's the difference?
>>
Because

and I'm going wild here

maybe people with actual taste don't find fried slabs of pork fat delicious

but you are entitled to your opinion

and since you're probably a disgusting fat amerishit like 80% of this board you will defend your shit opinion against every reasonable argument, making this thread absolute crap.

Kill yourself, and kill your offspring if any.
>>
File: BaconCooked.jpg (69 KB, 602x378) Image search: [Google]
BaconCooked.jpg
69 KB, 602x378
>>7108698
You can if you know where to look. It won't be cheap, though. Stores that specialize in British or Irish goods would be a place to start.

>>7108704
American bacon is made of just pork belly. Brits would call it streaky bacon. British bacon is pork loin with a bit of belly at the end. What Americans call Canadian bacon is center cut pork loin.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (52 KB, 960x281) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
52 KB, 960x281
>>7108696
Real bacon you get from a butcher or local market is top tier, but prepackaged store bought bacon is like eating lard with sugar its fucking gross
>>
>>7108704
American is just pork belly while British is both thick cut pork belly and back
>>
>>7108708
OP's bacon doesn't look to be overly fatty really.
>>
>>7108713
OP is not American.
>>
File: brig.jpg (26 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
brig.jpg
26 KB, 540x540
>>7108696
Give me that in a sandwich right now.
Don't forget the brown sauce, either.
>>
Cancer! ALL IS CANCER!
>>
>>7108711
dubs confirm.
>>
it's pretty good.

i even like it when it's under-cooked and soft/soggy.

or overcooked and excessively crunchy and dry. still very good.
>>
not a whole hell of a lot
>>
File: bacon123.jpg (8 KB, 218x232) Image search: [Google]
bacon123.jpg
8 KB, 218x232
bacon is okay
>>
>>7108711
>a butcher or local market is top tier
Can we please end this meme?
>>
>>7108803
You more of a Walmart kind of guy?
>>
>>7108810
>not buying all his food at the dollar store
Kinda pretentious eh?
>>
>>7108810
What's wrong with Walmart?
>>
>>7108832

as a U.S. citizen I don't like subsidizing Walmart employees for their health care
>>
>>7108832
Nothing at all, Jimbo.
>>
>>7108848
OK, now try to answer that question without being a faggot.
>>
Because bacon is a meme food.
>>
>>7108736
>not HP
>>
>>7108862
you're retarded
>>
File: fag point.jpg (1 MB, 1191x1500) Image search: [Google]
fag point.jpg
1 MB, 1191x1500
>>7108862
>>
I like bacon but I won't eat it in public or admit that I like it to anyone, except for here because its anonymous.
I just don't want to be known as the guy that eats meme foods.
>>
>>7108710
British bacon is the same in Australia. It can actually be cooked in the microwave and taste good if you're feeling lazy.

In the past year or so "streaky bacon" (american) has appeared in our supermarkets and they are selling it for about $3 per kg more than the normal stuff. Makes me kek.
>>
>>7108696
We don't hate it, nor pretend, just despise the "DUDE BACON LMAO" redditors who think it is a wondermeat
>>
>>7108696

>/ck/ hates the pig

Uh, not me.

Oh shit I fell for the bait didn't I? You're going to samefag your way into a religious discussion aren't you, or espouse the cruelty of non-veganism?

Sigh.
>>
>>7108887
>I let a website concerning japanese pedophile cartoons decide what I can and can't eat.
See >>7108886
>>
>>7108889
We have streaky bacon in the UK but I doubt it's anywhere near as popular as back bacon.
That said I heard on the news that there has been a decrease in sales of bacon due to the WHO report.
Fuck it, moderation is the key.
>>
>>7108803
Naw son.
I just moved into the city this year and I've saved so much money by buying from butchers and fruit and vegetable specific stores.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still poor as fuck and still go to places like wallmart and the bulk barn for dry goods, spices, and household objects.

But for saving money and getting decent meat/produce it's better to go to places like a butcher or fruit/veggie stand.
>>
>>7108928
Yeah there has been a decrease here in general of processed meat products not just limited to bacon, but have seen Chorizo and other stuff on desperate clearance prices at the shops because everyone has stopped buying it.

It's just another fad that will pass and everyone will forget about it.
>>
>>7108696
why do you pretend to hate cock?

it's fun to pretend
>>
>>7108935
'tis true, sir.
>>
>>7108941
I like cock.
What's the problem?
>>
>>7108942
Still, our bacon shits all over what is sold in the US. All they get is basically the left over shitty fat drippings nobody else wants.

Feels good to be able to microwave some pork on occasions, but it still tastes much better pan fried.
>>
>>7108879
>>7108886
>Le epin meal time ecks dee!
I bet you're both those types of faggots with unkempt beards that think you're "manly". It's literally a meme food, you're a moron if you think otherwise.
>>
File: fag.jpg (4 KB, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
4 KB, 125x83
>>7108955
confirmed.
>>
>>7108935
Chorizo is great, but most people just buy it and try to eat it like a fucking sausage. The flavour is powerful, great to flavour a sauce but not just eat it
>>
>>7108963
I've never bought it and eaten it, only used it in meals. Americans huh?
>>
I refuse to let some retard on a weeb food board dictate what I should eat.
>>
The stuff we call "bacon" over here isn't the same as the stuff people call bacon in countries where they actually eat bacon.

Also it's usually sliced so thin it's almost fucking transparent.
>>
>>7108859
He answered fine, you're just buttblasted.

I don't get anything at wal mart either.
>>
>>7108955
If you don't eat something specifically because its a meme food, and not because you don't like it, you're a sucker and weak willed.

More bacon for us then I suppose
>>
>>7109607
I'm going to wal mart this evening! I love that place.
>>
>>7109661
Don't be too long, the trailer park gates get locked at 10pm.
>>
I think it's because bacon is so overhyped and most of the 4chan community is contrarian by nature.
>>
>>7108708
>most people don't think slabs of fried pork fat are delicious
That's wrong tho
>>
>>7109661
Cool. Hope you enjoy yourself
>>
>>7108696
Bacon is a meme, and I love memes.
>>
>>7109287
>here

Where, you fucking faggot?
>>
I find the texture unpleasant and it's too salty
>>
They hate it because they browse reddit and the people there like it.
>>
>>7109697
>bacon is so overhyped

This appears to be purely an Ameriburger phenomenon, which is probably why "lel teh bacon may-may!" threads are so fucking retarded: no one but the Claps have any idea what the fuck the OP is talking about.
>>
Back bacon is trash. There, I said it. It curls up and that big rind of fat is always stringy and rubbery.

Streaky bacon has a far better texture and its fat goes chewy, not stringy.
>>
>>7108696
I am eating a BLT at this very moment, family.
>>
>>7110013
You obviously havn't learned the simple skill of pan frying senpai
>>
>>7109988
You kidding me? It's an Internet thing. Epic meal time ring any bells?
>>
>>7108889
>It can actually be cooked in the microwave and taste good if you're feeling lazy.

No. Marco said that shit and he was wrong

Dead, dead wrong.

It turns into a shriveled, dry as fuck piece of shit. It becomes almost as bad as American bacon
>>
>>7110013
Cook the fat properly you dense American CUNT
>>
>>7110013
Here you go friend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2guC4Badq2s
>>
>>7108696
I think /ck/ hates it when people just smother otherwise marginal food in bacon and act like it's the best.
/ck/ also hates it if you aren't cooking on the level of a gourmet chef serving $50+ entrees. Heaven forbid you cook the loin of any animal without "muh sear" and "muh crust"

I always have a couple lbs of bacon in my fridge or freezer. I eat a lot more sausage though, since it takes significantly less time to cook. I do save my bacon fat for cooking though, namely fried eggs.
>>
>>7108803
>end this meme?
This isn't a meme. My local butcher shops have WAAAAY better quality products than my local and chain grocers- I simply can't afford to shop there on a regular basis.
>>
>>7111024
You're cooking it for too long then. It doesn't have to be crispy to be enjoyed
>>
Even before the cancer scare thing I was reluctant to eat bacon or pork in general. Lamb is ok; I only eat mutton bacon (sometimes called "macon"). I never eat a pig 'cause a pig is a cop or better yet a terminator like Arnold Schwarzenegger, trying to play me out like as if my name was Sega.
>>
>>7108955

Bacon isn't a meme food.
Bacon-flavored [insert literally any food ever here] IS.
>>
Country ham > baccon
>>
>>7108803
nice corporate shilling you idiot

oink oink you 1% slave pig
>>
>>7111112
not that person but it most certainly is, though I accept it as a part of /ck/ culture

>"you" should go to "your" local donut place, they will have much higher quality donuts and coffee
>"your" local pizza place is guaranteed to have better pizza than this chain
>"your" local mom and pops down the street will have higher quality "x" food/ingredients

people make these assumptions despite not knowing where the other person is from. The "local mom and pops" could very well be shit but survives due to loyalty/nostalgia.
>>
File: 007.jpg (38 KB, 700x366) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
38 KB, 700x366
>>7108708
das rite
which is why we europeans like our slabs of pork fat straight out of the freezer
>>
>>7108955
Its a food dude calm down.
>>
>>7112813
I can confirm this, I have a butcher shop 3 blocks from me that is absolutely disgusting. unsanitary, the meat is expired half the time, overpriced, ridiculously inconvenient hours, and shit quality meat. it's a "mom & pop" but I'd rather just go to whole foods.

there's some good butchers in my city but they're in other neighborhoods.
>>
Bacon is fine, what passes for bacon being pieces of pork soaked in liquid smoke is not.
>>
File: 1245446668941.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1245446668941.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>Forced to be a vegetarian from birth, not because of religious reasons but because my parents are into the whole save the animals shit
>About 5 years ago went to a friend's house
>"What the hell, what do you mean you've never had bacon before? Let me cook some up for you"
>Prepared it the way he liked
>It looked undercooked and not crispy like regular bacon looks like, smothered in ketchup
>Took a bite
>Probably THE most disgusting thing I have ever tasted
I would probably like crispy bacon, I just haven't gotten off my ass and made any yet.

It's a shame though, I really want to eat all these delicious-looking meat dishes but the flavor/texture is too overpowering for me and I just can't eat it.
>>
It's haram.
>>
>>7113121
>smothered in ketchup

This is a common red flag. Remeber that well for the future.
>>
>>7113121
Protip: bacon should be cooked as slowly as sausages. If you can, get thick cut green cured, it's superior to both wet and dry cured.
>>
>>7113158
>>7113150
Thanks anons, I'll have to remember these.
>>
>>7113121
honestly non-crispy bacon is good as fuck
but ketchup on anything is complete shit
>>
File: 1367300955635.jpg (23 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1367300955635.jpg
23 KB, 420x300
>>7108711
>lard with sugar
>gross
>>
>>7108862

this is the correct answer. bacon = meme food.
>>
>>7108889
wait, i thought bacon is essentially "pork ass", is this correct or not?
>>
>>7114813
No, it's usually pork belly or pork round. Whoever told you that it was ass is having you on.
>>
>>7114821
i might just remember wrong, it was like 25 years ago when i was told that.
>>7114750
what exactly makes bacon a meme food?
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.