[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with canned jellied cranberry sauce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: cranberry-jelly-860.jpg (54 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
cranberry-jelly-860.jpg
54 KB, 636x477
There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with canned jellied cranberry sauce
>>
How much do you need though? Maybe in industrial cooking you can can it up but at home even a large (in numbers, not in Americanness) family can cope with a normal sized jar.
>>
I prefer home made sauce with fresh cranberries, but I also like the good old canned jellied cranberry sauce too.
>>
>>7108146
Nope, nothing wrong with it. I make homemade whole cranberry sauce myself, but I have no problems eating a slice of the jellied stuff either.

My grandmother used to make homemade JELLIED cranberry sauce. The trouble that woman went to......I swear. But, she was pretty amazing in the kitchen.
>>
>>7108146
i think the reason jellied cranberry sauce gets a bad rap is because 9 times out of 10 its served like that, straight out of the can, ridges and all. it just looks lazy and unappetizing that way.

that being said, its delicious, and if you break it apart a bit or at least slice it, people are more willing to eat it. i wish they sold half-sized cans tho, i don't remember a single thanksgiving where the jelly was finished off
>>
there is LITERALLY nothing wrong with homosexuality
>>
>>7108236
That's how the dinosaurs became extinct
>>
>>7108235
>>7108150
I'll eat a slice at the main meal and at least a couple more while making sandwiches the next day. Are you people birds?
>>
>>7108293
Actually, Americans are the ones who eat too much, not the other way around.
>>
>>7108260
EXACTLY

Now do you see how crazy you sound, OP?
>>
>>7108227
It's not hard, all you need is a good juicer, or a shitty juicer and some cheesecloth.
>>
It's too sweet and has no texture, and whole cranberry sauce is ridiculously easy to make. Just throw some berries in a pan with a bit of sugar and any extras, heat while stirring until it breaks down.
>>
>>7108146
I make plenty of things from scratch and get a lot of shit for how much money I spend on groceries and the amount of time I spending cooking

I still prefer Aunt Jemima on my pancakes and my favorite cranberry sauce it the one in OP.
>>
Dont you guys just buy cranberry sauce in a jar? Then you can just put it in the fridge after youve eaten however much you like.
>>
I actually like the taste of cranberries, because I'm not a teenage girl. Therefore, canned sucrose sauce has quite a few things wrong with it.
>>
*shudders* to look at that gelatinous, aluminum flavored, tubular nastiness!

1 bag of fresh cranberries
1/2 white wine
3/4 cup sugar
4-5 long strips of orange peel

Combine in saucepan, simmer 10 minutes.

You'll never go back.
>>
>>7109088
1/2 cup white wine
>>
>>7108979
Well, obviously she didn't have ANY juicer, so it was a much more tedious process back then. Like I said, she was a kitchen badass, I've never seen any other home cook produce more food at once or better food. She should have been a chef, but most married ladies didn't do that back then.
>>
>>7109007
>get a lot of shit for how much money I spend on groceries and the amount of time I spending cooking

You nailed that one. I've already heard bitching because I spent about $200 on Thanksgiving so far, and I'm not done yet. But I cook everything from scratch, and what do they expect when I'm feeding this many people? And believe me, they'll have no problems eating it all up like the pigs they are.
>>
>>7108146
This shit is so unappealing.
It looks like a block of sugar suspended in pectin because it literally is.
>>
Might just be me, but it's completely flavourless. Texture could be OK if it actually tasted like cranberries. Homemade sauce all the way. There's no excuse when it's so easy. Throw it on the stove and it basically cooks itself.
>>
File: 1425963658769.jpg (22 KB, 340x506) Image search: [Google]
1425963658769.jpg
22 KB, 340x506
>>7108146
But is there anything right with it?
>>
>>7108146
Except for what's wrong with ANY cranberry sauce- it's disgusting.
>>
>>7109001
>>7109047

This. Canned cranberry sauce is way too sweet for me. It's not supposed to be a god damn candy bar.
>>
>>7109117

People who bitch about my cooking before tasting it don't get to eat. However, reasonable people do not bitch about my cooking and fortunately no one in my family is an asshole, so this rarely happens.
>>
>>7108146
nice cranberry fleshlight
>>
>>7108146
they must add inside ridges to the can to make the blob of goo look more presentable
>>
>>7108295
What is other way around? Marican eat food, but for what purpose to get fat? I really do not understand your intention. I mean, I get that american eat food but what make it different than say, France or Atahualpa or Ghana or some shit? Help me understand the intention, Thai limousines.
>>
>>7109015
I've never seen it come in jars. But I do hoard jars like a mofo, and I always put leftover cranberry sauce in the fridge in one.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.