[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is my pot to cook boil spaghetti, here is the problem The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (764 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
764 KB, 3264x2448
This is my pot to cook boil spaghetti, here is the problem

The traditional recipe is for 100 gr pasta add 1 litre water and 10 gram salt but also they say that the water should be high enough like at least 1 inch below the top but my pot is too big when i add 1 litre water, it can not even fill half of it what can i do?
>>
This is bait.
Sorry anon, you cannot be too dumb to cook spaghetti.
>>
Break the spaghetti into halves.
>>
>>7107912
The amount of water literally doesn't matter, just add an appropriate amount of salt to the amount of water you've got and you'll be fine.
>>
>>7107912
>this how dumb eurotrash really are
>>
>>7107912
just make sure to not get any on your sweater before the rap battle
>>
File: 1448033556936.jpg (19 KB, 494x364) Image search: [Google]
1448033556936.jpg
19 KB, 494x364
>>7107912

gg
>>
>>7107912
adding salt to the water will change it's specific gravity.
As a bonus the pasta will taste great and cook a lot faster.
>>
File: hFDwE8n.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
hFDwE8n.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>7109344
You could have done better.
>>
>>7109350
adding salt DOES alter the specific gravity.
>>
all that matters is that the water will be boiling, with the correct amount of salt per liter and all the pasta will stay submerged for the entire cooking process, even at the cost of cutting spaghetti into half (they should stop being rigid pretty fast however so you can try your luck at not breaking them if it's your fetish).

it's really important that you swirl around and move the pasta every 2-3 minutes to prevent it to get attached to the side of the pot and burn( pretty rare) or get glued together into a big basta blob ( pretty common).
>>
>>7109374

It's best to have as much water as possible. This has two benefits:

1) The temp will drop less when you add the pasta to the boiling water. That means it comes back to a boil faster, which keeps your cooking time consistent.

2) The pasta as room to move around in the pot as the water boils. This prevents it from sticking to the bottom of the pot or from turning into a big blob. With a full rolling boil and a large pot you don't need to stir.
>>
>>7109344
>cook a lot faster.
>im a fucken idiot.
>>
File: 1446891361147.jpg (148 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1446891361147.jpg
148 KB, 1366x768
>>7109385
How does a larger amount of water come back to a boil faster, if the amount of added pasta is the same? The room temperature pasta saps out an equal amount of heat energy from the system whether you have one liter of water or 100 liters, so it takes an equal amount of energy, and thus time, to raise the temperature back to whatever it was prior to adding the pasta. If anything, a larger amount of water should take slightly more time to heat up, because by being a larger volume it's losing energy to the environment faster than a smaller volume of water.
>>
>>7109437

It's not so much that it gets back to a boil faster, it's that the temperature is more consistent during the time the pasta is cooking. The amount of energy the pasta absorbs from the water is the same. But the larger the pot of water is the temperature (degrees) will not drop as much. The smaller pot will have a larger temperature drop when the pasta is added.
>>
>>7109433
The specific gravity of the water will have an effect on the cooking time.
You are a colossal ignoramus.
Good day.
>>
>>7109486
so... you are saying that the decrease in specific weight and density of adding a pinch of salt into several liters of water will decrease cooking time?

isn't the deal about boiling temperature increasing with salt? i doubt that a pinch of salt will move boiling point by a lot.
>>
>>7107912

Fill it and don't worry about it. The more water you have, the less it will stop boiling when you add the pasta.
>>
>>7109374

If you have it boling good enough, the motion of the water should keep it from sticking to anything. If it's sticking, you probably don't have a good enough boil.
>>
>>7109580

Right.

If you really want to pull your hair out, get a camping stove and try making spaghetti on top of Pike's Peak.
>>
>>7109374
You only need to stir the first couple minutes, when the starches or whatever are being released. After that its unnecessary
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.