[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat makes you fat and keeps your heart healthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: 20151124_144245.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151124_144245.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Fat makes you fat and keeps your heart healthy
>>
File: 20151124_144600.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151124_144600.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Derp
>>
>being British
kek
>>
>>7106711

we don't measure in cups or eat alfredo sauce bub, this is on you guys.
>>
>>7106716

Metric has cups...
>>
Sugar is what is bad for you ultimately.
And unfortunately it is in fucking everything you can imagine.
Eat your damn greens people.
>>
>>7106718

we wouldn't use it for this purpose, like ever.
>>
Olivieri is a Canadian brand
>>
>>7106693
>>7106701
olive oil in limited qualities is heart healthy. Limited enough to not gain weight though
>>
>>7106725
>Canadians
>Not British
If they aren't, why do they have the Queen on their money?
>>
>>7106722
Pretty much this.

The nutrition/fitness community can't agree on much, but that's one of the very few things that everyone seems to be in consensus about. Everything else flip flops between good and bad for you depending on who you ask, but sugar is universally known as a bad thing and always has been.

If there's one universally accepted thing you can do to make your diet more healthy, it's cutting back on sugar.
>>
>>7106752
>tfw addicted
>>
Current society can't stop stuffing its face with food. That's why a whole host of low fat foods exist - not so people can be healthier, but so they can shovel the same amount of food in by removing a much more energy dense macronutrient.
>>
>>7106819

why is /ck/ so full of people who consider themselves above 'current society' as if they somehow predate it
>>
>>7106826
NEETs exist outside of society, like bikers and prostitutes.
>>
>>7106828
>NEETs exist outside of society

NEETs rely entirely on society to provide everything they need for their NEET lives. They're at the very bottom of the inverted pyramid.
>>
>>7106752
I think everything in moderation is solid advice still.
Western society puts way too much stress on carb-based food. Pasta, bread, rice, sweet snacks and crisps and shit.
I think it's partly the fault of anti-fat propaganda. Because reducing fat has been the focus of 'health' gurus due to some science reports a while ago, manufacturers turned round and put more sugar in shit to appear healthier (while not comprimising the taste)and dodge having to put red numbers on the front of packaging.
The fact is though, like deisel fuel in a car, fat burns less effectively than carbs do (you get less energy out of converting fat). You get more mileage from the same amount of fuel.
Having a lot of both is bad for you, because excess carbs get converted to fat, so if you don't need to use your carbs up then that piles up ontop of the fat you've consumed.
And sugar is also addictive. It's no wonder that people get addicted to eating food when everything has lots of hidden sugar in it, and no-one is giving them the right guidance to avoid it and eat more wholesome food.
The only way to fix it is to cull IMO.
People are going to hate that their food suddenly tastes less sweet but you can't trust society to change enough.
>>
>>7106832
What's the difference between a neet and a retiree? Where does a retiree fit on your scale of social justification?
>>
>>7107407

neets aren't retired.
>>
>>7106865
>The fact is though, like deisel fuel in a car, fat burns less effectively than carbs do (you get less energy out of converting fat).
I'm sure you have data that can back that up but in my personal experience I ate a low-fat high-carb diet for a long time and got skinny and had very little energy and recently I started eating a lot of fat (primarily peanuts) and I've felt my energy levels increase significantly. I haven't reduced the amount of carbs that I eat so it's possible that the two forms of energy are complimenting each other, but what I'm saying is that I seem to get more energy from eating fat and carbs rather than just carbs.
>>
>>7107413
What's the difference between a neet and a retiree? Where does a retiree fit on your scale of social justification?
>>
>>7107466
Retirees have (usually) worked and produced the wealth they are now consuming. NEETs haven't.
>>
>>7107523
capitalist pawn
>>
>>7107466

neets aren't retired, you idiot
>>
So what qualifications does Rose Reisman have to make her opinion valid.
>>
>>7107523
Retirees are entitled lazy fucks who probably haven't put in a hard days work their whole life. Only a few I would consider actually put in the work to deserve where they are.
>>
>>7108422

>Only a few I would consider actually put in the work to deserve where they are.

to deserve being over the age of 65?
>>
File: 1446315409538.gif (582 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1446315409538.gif
582 KB, 500x374
the same calories that are in 1 pound of fat will take 4 pounds of carbs to equal out and after eating those four pounds of carbs you will be hungry for more , just like a snow ball rolling downhill collecting more snow and getting bigger

eating the same calories in fat will leave you feeling satisfied and will keep you from over eating to satisfy cravings

fat is good for you and wont make you fat because no matter how much you eat you will stop when you are full, but that is not the case with carbohydrates
>>
>>7106752
Sugar is good for you, there is nothing that says starch is better than sugar for you. In fact sugar is more slowly absorbed than the majority of starches. The sugar scare is just as retarded as the satfat scare, the salt scare, the cholesterol scare

enjoy eating dirt because "it's healthy" without any actual proof whatsoever
>>
File: 1442075406031.jpg (62 KB, 517x610) Image search: [Google]
1442075406031.jpg
62 KB, 517x610
>>7106724
This

Americans
>>
>>7107466
>I'll just repeat my retarded question because I didn't like the perfectly obvious answer.

I see a NEET trying to justify their existence.

The difference is the retiree has already worked, has a pension that they paid for, has a house & the possessions in it that they have paid for, and has already been a fully productive member of society.

Whereas a NEET like you is just a leech and have never produced anything in your life. You rely entirely on a society that you have never contributed to.
>>
>>7108422
Stop trying to justify your NEET existence by deflecting. You're a drain on society.
>>
>>7108505
>I see things that I want to see so I can get on my soapbox and pretend to be important
Haha. You're so fucking pathetic.
>>
Calories in vs calories out.

It is that simple.

However not all calories are the same.

Calories from fat and protein tend to be more filling and suppress hunger. Complex carbs can be more filling of only because fibre is indigestible. Starchy and refined cards tend to spike blood glucose and digest too rapidly to suppress hunger. Sugar, especially refined sugars, do not fill you at all and tend to make you more hungry.

You shouldn't be going for jarred alfredo sauce simply because if yiu don't know what you're looking for, you'll probably get some sort of shit storm full of sugar and canola oil.

Most store bought pestos don't use olive oil and instead opt for cheaper (and worse) sunflower oil but it's clearly a better option as it's usually just oil, herbs and maybe walnuts or cheese. Pretty simple straight forward.

Honestly "eat this not that" is retarded because you need to understand calories and density and quality energy sources to lose weight. The only "eat this not that" advice anybody should take is swapping refined cards for whole grains and sodas for literally anything else.
>>
>>7108546

you are so incoherent it hurts, and there is nothing wrong with canola oil.
>>
File: projecting.jpg (29 KB, 490x333) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
29 KB, 490x333
>>7108541
>>
>>7108550
Canola and seed oils are shit and promote inflammation.
Olive oil is okay.
Coconut oil is better.
Animal fats are top tier.
Any other vegetable or seed oil is utter poisonous shit.

>>7106865
You're so wrong it hurts. Carbs are a shit energy source. All they are good at is spiking blood glucose levels and insulin levels. Congrats on a perfect way to get fat and heart disease.
High fat diets make your body very efficient at burning fat from both food and your body fat, so even if you don't eat for a while you can still have high energy levels because you just pull some body fat and burn it easily.
Lost 25lbs in 3 months just not eating sugar/starch and eating SHITLOADS of fat.
>>
>>7108649

Powerlifter / bodybuilder here.

If you're an every day person then yes a low carb diet is best for you because you aren't doing high intense activity. If you're an athlete or someone who exercises regularly, you want to have a moderate carb intake to lose fat because you want to keep making improvements to your performance over time.
>>
>>7108649

>I'm a fat piece of shit that lost 25 pounds out of 350 with some meme keto diet

Can't wait until your fat ass plateaus hard.
>>
>>7108473
I mean, sugar is fine for you in moderation, but there are a ton of retards that can't control themselves.
>>
>>7108705
Even long distance runners benefit more from a high fat than high carb.

>>7108758
You seem to be projecting pretty hard there mate, something you want to get off your chest? We're here to listen mate.
Used to be 215, down to 190 now and feel much better. Not sure why you feel the need to project your insecurities on people mate.
>>
>>7108649
>>7108839

I switched to a high carb, high protein, low fat diet and I lost weight just fine. It's the deficit what matters.
>>
>>7108839

>not true u're just projecting!!

nah, I'm just being a fucking asshole to a probably overweight guy that read a couple blogposts about keto and paleo and think he knows shit about nutrition.

Over the years I've known my fair share of genetic rejects that preach these fad diets like the second coming of jesus, citing dubious studies with low statistical relevance and often plain wrong experimental models.

Then I pity the fucking retards that actually listen to the shit people like you spew and think they could have a healthy body by virtually eliminating a whole macro nutrient from their unsustainable diets.

End your life, and kill your offspring if any

'mate'.
>>
>>7108853
You seem upset. Is everything okay, buddy? You wanna talk it out?
>>
>>7108853
How is sugar a macronutrient? There is literally no dietary requirement for sugar. Are you trolling or seriously this retarded, honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was both.
Fucking American Sugar Jew lovers.
>>
>>7108845
>>7108649

Oh, and btw, you shouldn't worry about insulin at all. Amino acids spike insulin, so you shouldn't eat protein? Insulin release is also stimulated by almost anything: cholesterol, lipids, aminoacids, sight and smell of food... it's the hormone that tells the body to store the goodies that come from digestion, which is good for the muscle btw.

The problem with insulin is not insulin itself, its insulin resistance. High insulin resistance means you'll need higher doses of insulin to achieve the same effects at the tissue level. Wanna fix that? Lose weight, gain muscle. Some studies even indicate that high fat diets long term actually increase insulin resistance.
>>
>>7108857

>How is sugar a macronutrient? There is literally no dietary requirement for sugar.

DING DING DING DUMBEST POST OF THE DAY AWARD congratulations bud
>>
>>7108839
>mate
The retard is australian? What a surprise
>>
>>7108861
The macronutrient is carbohydrates. Not all carbs are sugar. Thus, eliminating sugar is not eliminating carbs.
>>
>>7108867

sugars are a macronutrient because they do the thing that macronutrients do: provide energy. they're a subgroup of carbohydrates, but they're still a macronutrient you bellend.
>>
>>7108649
>Carbs are a shit energy source

Said the fattie, as he fantasized about running a single mile without turning red and sweating his heart out.
>>
>>7108861
Sugar is basically a drug, you are literally a drug addict.
You're equivalent to an alcoholic or a meth head really.
There is literally no reason to consume sugar other than the drug like symptoms it metabolizes in your body.
I've gone weeks without a single gram of sugar OR starch and not for one second did I feel bad or low on energy.
Sugar is not needed, other than feeding your obvious addiction.
You're just a filthy druggie. Go ahead tho kid, suck back some more sugar and tell me how it's necessary.
>>
>>7108870
No, there are 3 macros: carbs, fat, and protein. Sugar is a type of carb, but not the entirety of it. Saying that you're cutting out an entire macronutrient by cutting out sugar is like saying you're cutting out an entire macronutrient by not eating animal fat, even if you still eat vegetable oil.
>>
>>7108876

there are three large groups of macronutrients. is 'carbohydrates' a 'macronutrient'? no, it is a group of macronutrients. do you understand?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_macronutrients

everything on this list is a macronutrient. a nutrient that serves as a significant source of energy. the bulk of your diet needs to be made up of any group of these nutrients in order for you to survive. that is why they are called micronutrients.
>>
>>7108885

welp i fucked that one up at the end there.
>>
>>7108885
Your source contradicts your claim. It literally says that Carbohydrates are one of the primary macronutrients. Not a macronutrient group - a macronutrient.
>>
>>7108885
Carbs are not necessary.
In fact only fat is necessary for survival. You can eat protein but still die without consuming any fat. Carbs can turn into fat, which is fine if you're lost somewhere but can only find carbs for some reason.
>>
>>7108896
[citation needed]
>>
>>7108863
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mate
>>
>>7108894

yes, the word 'primary' is important here. it is identifying the groups. this is the first layer by which we subdivide the list of macronutrients. primary--secondary--etc.

carbohydrates are a class of chemical compounds. these compounds are, individually, macronutrients. all carbohydrates are macronutrients.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.