[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is smoked salmon so fucking amazing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 1600x1067
Why is smoked salmon so fucking amazing?
>>
>>7106010
juden, pls go
>>
glutamates I think
>>
>>7106010
Smoked fish is inherently amazing. Smoked salmon is just a popular example. Mackerel, herring, trout, sturgeon, sable and whitefish are all equally good. Even smoked sardines are fucking bomb.
>>
>>7106010
>fucking amazing
>smokes salmon
I'm going to have to agree with with OP for once...nothing like lox and an everything bagel
>>
>>7106023
>juden
They stole it from us Scandis.
>>
>>7106023
Most things people consider Jewish cuisine is actually just a kosher variant of European dishes.
>>
File: arbroath-smokies.jpg (83 KB, 740x370) Image search: [Google]
arbroath-smokies.jpg
83 KB, 740x370
Love smoked salmon, but i prefer an arbroath smokie
>>
Best fish I ever had was salmon that was caught by some guy hanging off a cliff with a net and then smoked all night to make I guess salmon jerky. Still brings a tear to my eye.
>>
I don't know, but now I'm gonna get some imported Norwegian smoked salmon (all the way from Norwege!) today to have for Thursday.
Fuckyeahnorwegiansmokedsalmon!
>>
You must try candied smoked salmon OP. Fucking orgasmic. At least in Canada you should be able to get it at any decent supermarket at the fish counter.
>>
>>7106142
They do a candied salmon right down the street from me. It's expensive, so I don't buy it often, but so, so, so fucking good.
>>
>>7106086
>nothing like lox and an everything bagel
I came.
>>
Reminder that everything you can do with salmon is at least ten times better if done with rainbow trout.
This naturally includes smoking, which is approximately 50 times better.
>>
>>7106086
Is lox smoked?

We dont really have lox in UK so ive never tried it.
>>
because salmons are the best of all animals to eat and smoking is one of the tastiest preservation methods

candied salmon, which is basically just smoked salmon with more sugar, is better though
>>
>>7106010
because fish is great and smoking things makes them greater
>>
>>7106710
>is lox smoked
no. cured
>>
>>7106010
Dude I ask myself this every single time I eat it

Second is cured salmon but seriously give me some fucking brie and a sweet cracker and I am a pleased dude of society
>>
>>7106799

sorry are you saying you eat smoked salmon with brie?
>>
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 1012x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 1012x700
Smoked salmon on cream cheese bagel is a god tier snack/lunch
>>
>>7108329
>not horseradish
>>
>>7108357
Fuck your horseradish, son.
I've never had horseradish tho, is it better this way?
>>7108329
The shop up the street from my place sells it on an everything bagel with fresh arugula and pickled onions and I think deviled mayo or something like that. It's the fucking bomb.
>>
>>7108989
If you want to ruin the delicate flavour of cold smoked salmon, go right ahead with the horseradish shit.

That stuff is better suited for other foods.
>>
File: Easy Salmon.jpg (23 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Easy Salmon.jpg
23 KB, 450x450
>>7109032
Ever tried this?
>>
>>7109042
Dear god no. I live in coastal Norway and can get the real shit anywhere.
>>
>>7109042
Awww yeah love this fuckin shit, i put it on everything

Seriously, it goes with everything. Pasta, pizza, steak, the list goes on
>>
>>7106657
The problem with rainbow trout is I can't catch one the size of my leg.
>>
>>7109266
You should have been a midget, faggot
>>
>>7109269
Fuck you I have 30lb of king in my freezer right now, 10lb of it smoked.

All caught myself over the past months.
>>
>>7106657
I ate a lot of fresh water trout when I was little and went hiking with my grandfather, we would fish in some lakes high up in the mountains and catch lots. He always talked about how salmon is overrated as fuck and trout is superior

Thanks for the nostalgia, anon
>>
>>7106657
I don't think rainbow trout exists outside of Ameriland, friend-o.
We have "white" salmon in the northern, colder parts my country, though. It's actually not salmon at all, but a species of trout, hence its white flesh. It's called 'white" salmon because it behaves pretty much the same way, living in the sea and coming home to freshwater to fuck.

The way most other countries would prepare salmon (salting, curing, smoking etc), northerners prepare white salmon. They taste better than salmon in most applications, IMO, but salmon is what's available where I live now, so that's what I buy.
Had I the chance, though, I'd absolutely buy white salmon, but as I'm sure it'd be 'spensive as fuck here, I'd worry about fucking it up were I to try to cure or smoke it. :-(
>>
>>7106010
Other than tartar, smoked & cured I despise salmon
I'll eat any other kind of fish but I just don't like the taste or texture of salmon
Everything bagel, cream cheese, lox, red onion, tomato & capers is god tier
>>
>>7106010
Because it's a sashimi that you don't need to worry about freshness.
>>
>>7109744
I think that "white salmon" might be what we call "steel head trout" here. It's just what you get when a coastal rainbow trout swims out to sea for a few years and then comes back to spawn.
>>
>>7109811
Looked up rainbow trout: it doesn't exist at all outside of North America. The one I'm talking about is a different species called various things in the region's languages (there are eight languages from five different language groups, Romantic, Slavic, Germanic, Uralic and filthy Euronigger/Albanian spoken in that area). In Italian, it's called 'marbled salmon trout.' Turns out, it's called 'marble trout' in English.

Anyway, it's delicious.

>>7109281
These marble trouts I'm talking about can grow to be about 40lbs or so. They average around 30lbs, though. I bet catching one would make you happy.
>>
>moved to Oregon about two years ago
>haven't gone salmon or trout fishing
I really should remedy this.
>>
>>7106810
Yeah why would I not do that
>>
>>7111094

because it's disgusting.
>>
>>7110379
I live in Oregon too and I gotta say you're in for a treat
>>
>>7106055
kek
>>
Yeah smoked salmonella is great
>>
>>7111957
What?
>>
>>7106010
My local grocery shop had some smoked salmon on sale today.
So I bought some freshly baked baguettes, creamcheese, green salad, tomatoes, dill and red onions, and assembled dat shit.
Holy fuck it was good.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.