[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to get rid of the onion/garlic finger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: su-216-1.jpg (61 KB, 560x595) Image search: [Google]
su-216-1.jpg
61 KB, 560x595
What's the best way to get rid of the onion/garlic finger smell? Is there a good soap on the market?

I tried steel, doesn't really work that good.
>>
lava soap
>>
just deal with it
>>
>>7104157
I heard about that stuff, never thought about using mechanic's soap. Thanks anon.
>>
This is gonna sound a bit weird, but cream. Just dip your hands in cream for 10-15 seconds then scrub it off. Smell gone.
>>
Coffee grinds. Make almost like a paste with them and a little water and go to town. It does make your hands smell a lot like coffee though, but I still think that's a vast improvement over smelling like onion/garlic.
>>
i use toothpaste; pea-sized dab, lather it up the best you can. rinse.
>>
>>7104132
soap + water + stainless steel. If it's not working for you, you're doing it wrong. The wet stainless steel must come into full contact with your tainted skin.
>>
File: 1447720722745.jpg (476 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1447720722745.jpg
476 KB, 800x800
>>7105004
>soap + water + stainless steel
This. Make sure it's stainless steel.

I know nothing of the science behind it, but the stainless steel does something to get rid of it.

Worked at a mom and pop pizza shop for quite a bit of time. One day I saw the owner hovering around my area of the kitchen. We always used freshly minced garlic for pizza et al. Saw him rubbing his hand all over a prep table and interchanging with vigorously washing his hands and spraying lemon juice on them (also, possibly an additional factor).

But yeah, stainless steel somehow gets rid of that shit.

Since then I've begun working at a chain pizza place, and all the highschoolers look at me weird every time I put on rubber gloves to handle garlic. Yet they don't feel weird when they spend 5 minutes fucking scrubbing their hands after handling garlic for half a minute.

Best option is just to wear rubber gloves, desu senpai.
>>
>>7104132
Ivory soap and hot water, we're not talking rocket science here.
>>
>>7104132
Break up some dank nugs with your fingers.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.