[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speghetti sauce from ketchup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: pic4IW8Lh.jpg (93 KB, 555x416) Image search: [Google]
pic4IW8Lh.jpg
93 KB, 555x416
This is an urgent situation. I need your immediate help.

I want to make some spaghetti, yet I have no sauce.

I also have limited ingredients. Pretty much just the pasta, some garlic powder, some beef which I will craft the meatballs from, onions and ketchup; and some various spices I have laying around.

I know it won't be the best, but I need to know how to turn this ketchup into something that might vaguely resemble proper spaghetti sauce.

I have tomato juice, but I don't think that would work quite as well as ketchup.

I am very hungry, please help.
>>
Use a mixture of tomato juice and ketchup for your sauce, and then kill yourself.
>>
>>7103216
How will I enjoy my spaghetti if I am dead?
>>
>>7103218
There's no way this is going to be an enjoyable experiencec
>>
>>7103220
Well, I mean, the sauce is pretty much baked tomato goop, right? There has to be some way to reverse engineer ketchup into something similar.
>>
>>7103231
The thing is, spaghetti sauce is already sweet from the tomatoes alone and using ketchup as a base just seems as if it would intensify that far too much. :/
>>
>>7103208
Sounds like you've got the perfect ingredients to make a nice carbonara.
>>
Money can be exchanged for goods and services
>>
>>7103208
>I have tomato juice, but I don't think that would work quite as well as ketchup.

I think tomato juice tastes more like tomato than ketchup, so you should try making the sauce from the juice. Saute the onions, add the juice, reduce, add the spices - it won't be great, but shouldn't taste too shit either.
>>
Go to the store and buy a 90 cent can of tomato paste. Don't have 90 cents? Ask people for nickels or dimes on your walk there. Problem solved.
>>
>>7103208
how about you skip the fucking ketchup and just cook the noodles, beef & garlic powder, the onions, and maybe idk maybe cook down a bit of that tomato juice with everything else. skip the fucking ketchup dude. noodles beef and onion is fine on its own your not gonna be able to make pasta sauce out of, fucking ketchup, dude.
>>
Just eat noodles with butter, use the beef to fill your mom's cunt with you fucking trailer park liberal.
>>
>>7103208
>cook pasta
>fry beef, onions in a pan
>put in 200ml of ketchup
>fry it until it starts to caramelize
>pour in couple of ladles of pasta water
>reduce till preffered consistency
>add in pasta
>roll everything till sauce covers the pasta
Enjoy the meal. trust me, it'll be a good pasta. Not the best, but good enough.
>>
>>7103208

you really do not have to do anything special here man

just use the ketchup as you would use tomato paste and deal with the outcome that your sauce will be significantly more sugary than you are used to

it'll still be fine
>>
Eh... I think I'd prefer to just have raw pasta with some chili peppers added to it or something like that, or just ground beef with no tomato product added. Ketchup is way different from ordinary tomato sauces, the flavor is primarily sugar.
>>
>>7106362
This, just make spaghetti bolonez.I've made it a few times with little or no tomatoes and it turned out good. You should be able to do it with just a little tomato sauce (or ketchup, yuck)
>>
>>7103208
there's no ketchup in carbonara, only knorr brand stockpot

you should try it.
>>
>>7105005
He doesn't have cream, though.
>>
My mom makes "Jewish spaghetti"
It's pasta, ketchup, garlic powder, and butter.
>>
>>7103208
have you heard of these fucking things called tomatos OP? i hear you can make tomato sauce from them
>>
>>7109277
real carbonara isn't made with cream, though.
>>
>>7106356
this.
>>
>>7110555
so the start part omitted in 'sketti is actually 'jewish spa'?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.