[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >try to make gnocchi >and a nice mushroom sauce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
>be me
>try to make gnocchi
>and a nice mushroom sauce to go with it
>the gnocchi's shit
>into the trash it goes
>put on a pan of water to make pasta - at least i can salvage the sauce
>taste the sauce
>it's shit
>into the trash it goes
>mfw

at least dominos is always acceptable.
>>
Chin up. Try again next time.
>>
The first step to getting good at something is to suck at something. A trick that helped me to improve is to stop saying things are just bad, think about what made it bad and learn how to not do it again. Were your gnocchis too soggy? too hard? was the sauce watery or salty? did the spices you use just no go well together?

Try to pinpoint what went wrong and how to avoid it next time.
>>
File: 8Hd8W[1].jpg (42 KB, 496x368) Image search: [Google]
8Hd8W[1].jpg
42 KB, 496x368
>>7102725
>shit days are shit
If you fail again, follow the recipes and try again.
>>
>>7103026

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/gnocchi-troubleshooting/2013/07/16/45219dc6-ea52-11e2-8f22-de4bd2a2bd39_story.html

this should help you troubleshoot what went wrong with the gnocchi at least.
>>
>>7103020
>>7103026
>>7103033
>>7103035
/ck/ confirmed for nicest board
>>
thanks bros

the gnocchi fell apart in the water... i'm guessing there wasn't enough flour
>>
>>7103105
:3
>>
>>7103105
>tfw spend most of my time on /mu/
>tfw reading these posts
>>
>dominos is always acceptable
you probably made the sauce and gnocci fine, you just have terrible taste and don't realize it.
>>
>>7103105
Ya know, I've been coming to 4chan for almost ten years now and have only within the past few months started going on boards besides /b/, /mu/, and /x/. /b/ ruined me in terms of board etiquette and I can't tell you how many times I've had to censor myself when posting here or anywhere else
>>
File: Mel & Knorr.jpg (62 KB, 634x306) Image search: [Google]
Mel & Knorr.jpg
62 KB, 634x306
>>7102725

That dish sounds like the first task on last Friday's episode of Humble Pie.

Is that where you got the idea, or is it just coincidence?
>>
>>7103279
coincidence
>>
>>7102725
Maybe add some more egg and flour to help bind the gnocchi better.
When I make mushroom sauce I use whatever drippings or fond is left in the pan after I cook my protein, to cook my mushrooms in. You'll want to cook the mushrooms halfway so they don't over cook in the sauce and become tough. Add a small amount of heavy cream to that and some stock, whatever you have is fine, let that reduce until it can coat the back of a spoon then add in some herbs and a dash of salt. Bam done.
>>
I think what helps when learning to cook, is to study various recipes and methods and look to see what they all have in common in terms of technique. Then you just practice and troubleshoot.

Eventually, you'll get to the point where you can learn a recipe after a few tries and get nice consistent results. And then you can learn to mix it up and see what comes out of it.

I never made gingerbread cookies before, yet my second batch of cookies were even better than what you could get from the store. Very consistent with a nice crunch and flavour.

I think a cookery class helps a ton.
And remember this advice:

You can always add, but you CAN'T take away.

Remember that. Approach with care and caution. Add only when you feel you need to.
>>
I made gnocchi last week for the first time and they were delicious. What did you fuck up? It's a simple recipe
>>
File: 1437058956414.png (806 KB, 1001x823) Image search: [Google]
1437058956414.png
806 KB, 1001x823
>>7103105
>>
>>7103183
>censoring yourself
lol faget
>>
>>7106625
I think he meant "not act like a huge faggot" censor
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.