[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Probably a silly question, but can you cook dried squid in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 51xq8bXMeSL.jpg (56 KB, 366x500) Image search: [Google]
51xq8bXMeSL.jpg
56 KB, 366x500
Probably a silly question, but can you cook dried squid in a microwave? Will it taste ok?
>>
>>7102637
i really doubt it
>>
>>7102637

Well, given that there's no water in dried squid I'd say that it would probably not cook very well in a microwave. You knew that microwaves work by heating water molecules, right?
>>
>>7102637
Eat it raw like jerky. Don't know why you'd want to microwave it, that would probably be nasty
>>
>>7102664
That's what I thought but the packaging says 'to be cooked prior to consumption' so I started to wonder...
>>
>>7102653
everyone knows that
>>
>>7102713

OP apparently doesn't, otherwise he wouldn't have asked.
>>
>>7102637
I don't know why it wouldn't if you do it for just a few seconds. It works fine to back life to stale bread or chinese soup noodles that have gone dry, fortune cookies too. A few seconds in the microwave then let them in the air for a few minutes and the fuckers are as good as new.
>>
File: Egg Roll.jpg (48 KB, 300x430) Image search: [Google]
Egg Roll.jpg
48 KB, 300x430
>>7102637
why would you want to? that stuff is pretty nasty. i dated a chinese girl that loved it and I wouldn't even let her give me a bj without gargling a gallon of mouthwash after eating that shit
>>
>>7103268
>why would you want to?
Pure curiosity. So how did she prepare it?
>>
File: walrus.jpg (56 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
walrus.jpg
56 KB, 600x398
>>7103286
she didn't. just ate it straight out of the bag. this brand had a sickly sweetness to it. it was like eating rotten tuna with sugar and it was chewy
i love calamari but sweet squid jerky is awful
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.