[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /ck/ make oatmeal? Steel-cut with bananas, peanut butter,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 500px-Oatmeal.jpg (66 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
500px-Oatmeal.jpg
66 KB, 500x483
How does /ck/ make oatmeal?

Steel-cut with bananas, peanut butter, and a little bit of honey.
>>
Usually steel cut oats with brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and vanilla.

But I got tired of all of the farting and began mixing a little bit of the steel cut oats with a little bit of salted malt o meal. Tastes good, no more farts, still easy-going in the restroom.
>>
I use rolled oats to make granola. Or I grind it up and sieve it to make oat flour for bread. Also oaty biscuits/oatmeal cookies.
I've never used steel cut and I'm not sure I've ever even had it. Oat isn't eaten much in my country, but we do make oat milk, which is pretty tasty.
>>
I use roles oats and make my oatmeal like a risotto. I throw in my oats and some butter, and a small amount of a fruit that I want to use, typically banana. I toast the oats in butter and the fruits caramelize a bit. Then I slowly pour in hot water and stir the mixture. When almost done I put more butter some milk, and the remaining fruits.
>>
>>7102204

toasted steel cut oats with toasted almond slivers and milk.

season with salt, cinnamon, vanilla and apple chunks

in the oven.
>>
What's with the "steel" cut crap? Does it really matter what metal the oats are cut with?
>>
That "steel cut" stuff really comes across like hipster bullshit. If I cut my oats with platinum would that make it better than steel because it's more expensive than steel?

Or is it the "riddle of steel?"
>>
>>7102363

Nutritionally it makes no difference, but it makes a difference as far as the texture is concerned. Steel cut oats have a very different texture than rolled oats.
>>
>>7102373
I can understand that as a process, but not the metal. So it doesn't matter if it's done with steel or iron or platinum, it's the process not the metal?
>>
I want titanium cut oats!
My oats will be moar hipster than your oats!
>>
>>7102363
They used to be called Irish Oats.

Maybe they wanted to stop associating the oats with irishmen?
>>
>>7102376

Correct. It's the process, not the metal. But there's no real point in using a material other than steel because the alternatives are either too costly or not durable enough.
>>
>>7102390
I can see that, maybe the dumbasses just don't like leprechauns?

Leprechaun in Mobile, Alabama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8
Alabama Leprechaun Part II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIoUxlUdU00
>>
File: 5cd.jpg (41 KB, 600x693) Image search: [Google]
5cd.jpg
41 KB, 600x693
>2015
>not cutting your oats with diamonds
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.