[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How you guise brine your turkeys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 2015-11-23 02.52.35.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-23 02.52.35.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
How you guise brine your turkeys?
>>
Leftover pickle juice
>>
no, 'cause they're almost always pre-brined when you buy them at the store.
>>
>>7101428
Dry brine for three days. Rinse it day of baking and air dry. Season and bake. I don't stuff mine because it has to cook longer and can dry it out.

Bro tip: Go with a smaller bird and an extra breast to avoid serving dry meat.
>>
>>7101432
Was planning a low salt brine with brown sugar and thyme. Just trying to get some ideas
>>
>>7101428
I get a turkey that gets killed the day I pick it up from a farm and play around with the brine. gonna do some orange juice this year I think maybe I'll make a thread
>>
>>7101434
Going to air dry it in the fridge Wednesday night
>>
dry brine, then day of, mix garlic and herbs with butter and put it under the skin, or put bacon on top of the skin halfway through cooking or so
>>
>>7101445
What's going to do butter and thyme but only underneath the skin on top of the breast
>>
I don't because my family universally decided that none of us really like turkey about 5 years ago. So we just make a ham and a giant chicken instead.
>>
>>7101453
Was
Put in oven at 500 for 30 min then 250 20 min for each pound
>>
I've never heard of a dry brine before. I do 60 grams of salt per liter of liquid that's been flavored with aromatics.

Is a dry brine superior or about the same? It certainly looks like less of a hassle.
>>
>>7101464
It is somewhat of an oxymoron
>>
>>7101443
Looking forward to it.

I don't get to cook the bird for thanksgiving yet. My mother still insists on doing it, but I have taken over several sides and I make fresh rolls every year. Looking forward to when she eventually let's me cook the bird.
>>
Not murican but I last year I brined a turkey as per ATK's instructions and I didn't like the results at all. Bad taste, bad texture.
>>
>>7101645
>Not murican but

really? how did it get to this?
>>
Anyone tried letting the turkey dry uncovered for 24 hours after brineing for a crisper skin?
>>
>>7101669
In the fridge if course
>>
I collect my husband's semen every time he pulls out and freeze it. I defrost it and mix it with butter, salt, and pepper to make the brine.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-20-15-45-40.png (594 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-20-15-45-40.png
594 KB, 1080x1920
>>7101675
I came here from /b/ to get some normal advice and you tell me this shit
>>
>>7101619
my mom sent the the brine we're gonna do

>1.5 cups salt
>1.5 cups brown sugar
>peppercorns
>thyme
>basil
>water
>2 oranges
pick up fresh turkey from the farmer, put it in a big ass cooler and set it out on the porch for the day. although wednesday is supposed to be in the 50s so that might not be so fun
>>
>>7101684

>he comes to /ck/ for advice

It's like he doesn't realize he is on 4chan or something.
>>
>>7101645

>Bad taste, bad texture.

in what sense, come on dude.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.