[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frozen foods carcinogen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 0611-frozen-assets-1239.jpg (132 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
0611-frozen-assets-1239.jpg
132 KB, 800x800
Hello, my parents always told me that frozen foods were carcinogenic due to the chemicals used to preserve them. Can someone confirm this claim?
>>
>>7100945
most things have carcinogens in them, but some of them have good things too
which is probably reason number 2 we're omnivores, it's all about getting the right amounts of different things

reason number 1 being we get tired of the same thing real quick
>>
>>7100957
Also, if they are overly carcinogenic, nobody would eat them or people would be forced to label them as such

what you should be doing is asking where your parents heard this and if they can site their sources to some sort of lab test of specific chemicals that are overly abundant in most frozen foods
That way you can actually avoid carcinogens instead of just frozen stuff in general
>>
>>7100957
reason number 1 is that the more we can eat, the easier it is to find food. Pure survival.
>>
>>7100945f The flash freezing process is the preservative. There are no chemicals added for that purpose
>>
>>7100970
probably got those reversed
the easier it is to find food, the more we can eat
>>
>>7100945
Low temperatures are not carcinogenic. I would imagine canned foods and regular foods have more preservatives as they don't have freezing temps to aid in slowing down decay.
>>
>>7100945
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxE9sYatPAs

carcinophobes BTFO
>>
>>7100945
Absolutely not.
>>
>>7100945
the method of preservation is fucking freezing it, not lacing it with rat poison
>>
File: 78437098733.jpg (4 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
78437098733.jpg
4 KB, 233x216
>>7100945
They don't need preservatives, if they do probably only in small amounts. Freezing something preserves it.
>>
>>7104227
cold is a carcinogen you idiot
>>
>>7104296
meant for
>>7102384
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.