[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oregon/Washington Food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Going on a business trip to OR/WA for two weeks, any good recomendations in Portland, Salem, Eugene, Corvallis, Seattle, or western peninsula WA?

Just some no frills and affordable stuff
>>
File: the-reggie-pine-state-biscuits.jpg (63 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
the-reggie-pine-state-biscuits.jpg
63 KB, 480x320
Pine State Biscuits in Portland.
>>
killer burger in Eugene. based peanut butter burger.
>>
>>7100909

You a fan of beer, OP? Oregon and Washington have a fuckton of craft breweries/brewpubs.

In Eugene, try Ninkasi or Falling Sky Brewing.
>>
>>7100909

Get yourself some proper Pho.

Stop by Seattle for some awesome sushi.

Drink a legit Litre of Hef http://berlinerpub.com/beers.html

Also salmon.

Easy Street records for breakfast, Coffee and bacon to die for.
>>
File: Xm0eugs.jpg (2 MB, 5442x3061) Image search: [Google]
Xm0eugs.jpg
2 MB, 5442x3061
>>7100923
huge beer fan but I am traveling with a mormon

my pops dragged me to every rouge brewery in the state when we visited around 99'
>>
>>7100992

Fuck, if this wasn't a business trip, I'd say ditch him. Being a former Mormon myself, I know the limitations of travelling with Mormons.

But anyway, beers and shit aside, both Eugene and Portland have a donut shop called Voodoo Donuts that's something of a cult hit. It's cash only though, so keep that in mind.

Kung Fu Bistro in Eugene offers authentic Sichuan food. If you're not a fan of spicy food, then avoid this place, as most of the food there is spicy.

Food trucks are abundant throughout the region. If you have the time, YOLO and try one out.

Like >>7100986 said, salmon. It's a regional thing around here.
>>
File: Last_Crusader.jpg (864 KB, 1024x1009) Image search: [Google]
Last_Crusader.jpg
864 KB, 1024x1009
>>7101017
awesome thanks man
>>
>>7101017
voodoo donuts is a terrible recommendation for a business trip
>>
>>7100909
Personally I like it but to each their own.
If you get hungry late at night stop by 13 coins in Seattle. Its near the airport. The atmosphere is amazing (seriously high quality both in looks, food, and presentation) and best of all, its open a solid 24 hours.
The main thing I hear complaints about is the service but I've always had adequate servers when I've gone.

It's great to just go out at 3 AM and get a full meal there.
>>
If you're near Tigard, Oregon, pop into George's Giant Hamburgers. Best fucking burgers ever. A little expensive, but these are OG yellow cheese fatty goodness.

Fries are good too.

Any Oregonbros know about this place? It's fucking fantastic
>>
PDX is one of the top food cities in the country.

I haven't been there for a few years but when I lived there I could go to a different, good restaurant every night of the year

Next time I go back I guess Pok Pok will be at the top of my list (now that it's become popular and apparently has other locations...).
>>
>>7101017
>>7101118

Seriously, fuck voodoo. The doughnuts are mediocre and the area in the original spot is a fucking pit. (There's a hentai theater across from it.....) It's also a tourist trap now and the line is ridiculous. All of Portland is becoming a clusterfuck now. I-5 up north is so clogged up and 205 is even worse on weekday mornings.

If you want, actually interesting doughnuts, go to Blue Star Doughnuts, they have interesting flavors.
>>
>>7100909
Salvador Molly's in Portland.
Its a pirate themed resteraunt with delicious food.
'Nough said.
>>
If you are in Tacoma:
-Burger Broiler, very good basic burgers
-Vuelva la Vida, for some more seafood focused Mexican food

In Seattle:
-Seven Stars Pepper for dandan noodles
-Pecos Pit has really messy spicy sandwiches, only open for lunch on weekdays
-Federal Way has dirt cheap Korean food
-there's good Salvadoran food in Auburn and Burien/White Center

In Oregon/southern WA
-stop at Burgerville
>>
>>7100909

red mill totem house has the best burgers in seattle

ballard pizza has the best pizza in seattle
>>
>>7100909
>any good recomendations in Portland

There's literally nothing here. I don't know about directly downtown, but in the suburbs its a culinary wasteland. The only place I even eat at anymore is Bugatti's in Beaverton but even as far as Italian goes it's not that amazing. I'll readily admit being a vegfag limits my options somewhat, but regardless it's still pretty sparse out there.
>>
>>7101520

>portland
>beaverton

Do you not have a car or something?

It's less than 20 minutes to the city, which also happens to be vegfag as fuck.
>>
>>7101535
Having a car is exactly why I never go into the city. I don't want to put up with that traffic and parking.
>>
>>7101541

It's practically a straight shot from Beaverton to the South East over the Ross Island bridge, and there's pretty much no problem with traffic parking.

Fuck downtown, the best stuff is on the East side (and you can park anywhere and walk across a bridge if you want to do something downtown.
>>
>>7100909
>Corvallis
My NIGGA.

If you're looking for a quick bite, BrewBQ is insanely good. University Calzone is top quality but I've only ever gotten the bacon chicken ranch calzone. If you're in town for breakfast and can stomach comic sans, The Broken Yolk gives you a shit ton of delicious food for your money. Wish I could say more about expensive restaurants but I'm an universityfag and have no money.
>>
>>7101129
Yeah Blue Star is really good. A friend of mine says Voodoo is for quantity whereas Blue Star is for quality.
>>
>>7101567
>University Calzone is top quality but I've only ever gotten the bacon chicken ranch calzone
The pulled pork one is fantastic as well
>The Broken Yolk gives you a shit ton of delicious food for your money
I tried going there last weekend but it was way too crowded and we ended up going to Sunnyside Up just down the street, which ended up being a good choice. The Po'boy is fantastic, and way more filling than it looks

Also, Local Boyz is GOAT
>>
>>7101589
I've heard good things about Local Boyz bit still haven't gone.

>>7101567
Forgot to mention that McMenamins is pretty dope too. Their Cajun tots are to die for.
>>
>>7101129
Gotta get to Blue Star fairly early depending on what day of the week it is, they sell out quick
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.