[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you keep a pot of rice always on?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 9.2.jpg (69 KB, 384x292) Image search: [Google]
9.2.jpg
69 KB, 384x292
Do you keep a pot of rice always on?
>>
No I'm not a gook
>>
>>7100819
I would if I had a nice rice cooker. Maybe I'll buy one for christmas.
>>
>>7100819
yep. i load water into the pot with the leftovers at night, and use the congee setting before bed. tasty ass brown rice congee for breakfast can't be beat.

those zojirushi models are the shit, too
>>
Almost always. I eat rice with a little over half my meals. I also eat rice as a snack.
>>
>>7100819
those are mid-1990's top loading CD players (with clock radio)
>>
>>7100834
I was gonna write that too, at least one of us got that in.
>>
>>7102170
>2015
>not owning a cd playing rice cooker
>>
Could someone reccomend a model of rice cooker to get? Not sure which, and I don't want to end up buying a shit one
>>
>>7102850
Zojirushi NSLAC05 if you're on a budget
NPNVC10 if you're not
>>
Are rice cookers really worth it? I usually hate buying a unitasker appliance
>>
File: 0.jpg (24 KB, 756x419) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
24 KB, 756x419
>>7103084
>NPNVC10

CDN$ 592.31
>>
>>7103084
$400 for a rice cooker? Is it made in Israel or something?
>>
>>7103868
It doesn't do anything you can't just donwith a regular stock pot
>>
>>7103887
That's my problem with it, but people say the rice it makes is vastly superior to rice in a pot.
>>
>>7103868
stfu alton
>>
File: 1447114564529.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1447114564529.gif
891 KB, 325x252
I had an Asian roommate in college and he kept a rice cooker in the kitchen. For some reason he never cleaned it out. I think he was one of those rich Asian kids who had a maid to wipe his ass since the day he was born. But I looked in it one day and there were ants crawling all over the rice and the inside of the machine.
>>
>>7103868
>>7103887
ricecookers are worth it. take it from a rice snob. the quality of rice is sooooooooo much better.

then again, if you don't eat rice at least once a day, why does it matter?
>>
>>7103877
>Canadian dollar

I'll hold you if you hold me, anon.

Fucking exchange rate
>>
>>7103889
Not if you know how to cook rice in a stockpot. Ricecookers are just for lazy people who want another meme appliance to take up space in the kitchen
>>
>>7103929
so every asian household is lazy people who want a meme appliance?
>>
>>7103918
>le weaboo post
>>
>>7103933
I'm azn you fucking kek
>>
>>7102850
i'm still a cooking newfriend but me and my roommates have been using a panasonic SR-DE103 for the past couple months and it hasn't failed us yet
>>
>>7102850
http://thesweethome.com/reviews/the-best-rice-cooker/
>>
File: Neuro-Fuzzy.jpg (66 KB, 570x463) Image search: [Google]
Neuro-Fuzzy.jpg
66 KB, 570x463
I only eat rice 2-3 times a week, but still bought myself pic related (on the days that I do eat rice I do so for multiple meals).

I can cook rice in a pot just fine, but even not using it every day having perfect rice every time with just a push of a button makes it worth it.

It would have been nice if it came with a steamer insert, but you can steam shit in anything, or just lay whatever you want on top of the rice.
>>
File: 1443819898652.jpg (58 KB, 851x233) Image search: [Google]
1443819898652.jpg
58 KB, 851x233
>>7103877
i like this one
>>
I put big macs, chicken nuggets, fries and coca cola in my rice cooker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPATKnW1BFs
>>
Honestly, the convenience of rice cookers is what makes it worth it. Cooking rice in a pot is easy but it's kinda a pain in the ass and if you put too much water in you're going to have a mess on your hands. Rice cookers are nice because you can fill it up in the morning and set the timer so when you come home at night your rice is just finishing.
>>
>>7104201
The fuck are you talking about? My rice cooker makes rice in 15 minutes
>>
>>7104212
>set the timer
>>
>>7104212
Mine also has a timer function. I can tell it "have rice ready at 6pm" and leave at 8am and come home to rice.

Sounds like you have a cheap as shit rice cooker.
>>
>>7103868
Having a rice cooker is like having an electric kettle
>>
>>7103868
You can cook little cakes as well with mine
>>
>>7103868
I use mine as a slowcooker sometimes
>>
>>7104216
>>7104201
what kind of rice cooker do you guys have? im looking to get one
>>
>>7103939
Asians only exist in anime
t. Flyovers
>>
No. I put on a pot of rice shortly before I intend to eat.

>>7103918
>the quality of rice is sooooooooo much better.
If you suck at making rice.

I was raised by a hispanic father and lived in a heavily hispanic neighborhood. No one ever used rice cookers, or ever gave them as wedding gifts or anything. Everyone just makes their own rice in a pot, no one has ever found it difficult or inconvenient.

Pretty much the only thing a rice cooker does as far as convenience goes is it can keep rice warm for long periods of time after cooking. But I wouldn't try to make a proper pot of Latin rice in it. You NEED a caldero for that.
>>
>>7103912
tbqh having your ass wiped by a maid is a pretty good feeling
don't knock it till you try it
>>
>>7102850
A fucking pan of hot water, Jesus Christ it's not rocket science.
>>
>>7104343
A rice maker is great for making real, white rice.

You can make your spic brown shit "rice" in a pot just fine, i'm sure.
>>
>>7104028
You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to cook that in a hot pot.
https://youtu.be/o-OzqBuNvCo?t=624
>>
>>7105292
A decent rice cooker with a locking lid will make rice that taste better than a pot ever could with less work and no wasted rice. Theres no reason to own a toaster and not a rice cooker.
>>
If you want simple rice cooked with no bullshit go buy a simple $20 zojirushi rice cooker and you're set. The fancier more expensive ones are worth if you eat rice a lot and also can be used as slow cookers for anything. You can also literally use them to bake bread and cakes.
>>
I got a tiger one off Amazon for less than $100. Has a lot of features, but I just use it for rice.
>>
>>7104343
I'm hispanic and your post made me cringe.
Nobody cares about your backstory, it was completely unnecessary. Nobody on 4chan knows what a caldero is and you're not automatically kewl because you don't need a rice cooker.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.