[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2 words: chocolate. covered. popcorn. thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: asdfsdd.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
asdfsdd.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
2 words: chocolate. covered. popcorn.

thoughts?
>>
>>7100673
fat/10
>>
>>7100673
Gross.

I like both of those things, but it just sounds like the worst of both.
>>
>>7100673
The only 3 words I need are The United States of America
>>
File: 1374281848214.jpg (30 KB, 499x500) Image search: [Google]
1374281848214.jpg
30 KB, 499x500
>>7100705
>The United States of America
>3 words
>>
I got five words for you: S. A. G. E.
>>
File: 1355331549061.jpg (12 KB, 385x335) Image search: [Google]
1355331549061.jpg
12 KB, 385x335
>>7100733
>>
>>7100673
hey, lets take something that itself is fairly healthy for you, that people usually load with fat or sugar, and lets dump on both. Great idea man.
>>
>>7100673
Not a fan of covering my popcorn in sugary sweetness desu.
>>
>>7100673
I prefer chocolate covered rice crispies. Better crunch/consistency and no shells.
>>
>>7100673
That seems disgusting but I'm sure that putting a bit of melted butter and mixing in a chicken flavor packet from some ramen noodles would be pretty disgusting to others.
>>
My first reaction is gross, but puppy chow is made with corn chex and chocolate peanut butter Bugles aren't bad. It might be okay.
>>
>>7100673
My problem is, how do you keep the popcorn light crunch if you pour warm chocolate on it? Maybe a light spray of chocolate
>>
Popcorn is best dry with salt
>>
File: husky_pup-high_five.jpg (53 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
husky_pup-high_five.jpg
53 KB, 736x552
>>7101695
Are you a puppy?
>>
File: unnamed (2).gif (173 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2).gif
173 KB, 245x180
>>
>>7101678
that sounds pretty fuckin great
>>
I'm going through a popcorn phase at the moment, none of that microwave garbage but I buy unpopped kernels from a bulk grocer for next to fuck all then use 1tbsp peanut oil in a large saucepan with about 1/4 stick of unsalted butter per 1 cup of kernels.

Once popped, coat in a light amount of chilli salt and put into Zip lock bags.

1 cup makes 4 to 5 bags of popped corn and I eat one a day as a mid morning snack at work.

Have been tempted to use more butter because it tastes so great but I don't want to turn into a lard ass.

Popcorn can even be healthier for you if you air pop it and lay off the salt but it doesn't taste that good then.

Anyone have healthier methods than mine that still taste good?
>>
When I say 1/4 stick of butter I mean literally only 30 grams / just over 1 oz or so. Just enough to add flavour.

There's more fat in 1 whopper than a weeks supply of my popcorn
>>
>>7100673
Looks like wax, fucking disgusting
>>
poppycock
>>
>>7101806
You sick fuck.
>>
>>7101776
>sees chocolate
>first thought is wax

I get that you're in a third world country and modern wonders like sugar and clean water are mystifying to you, but surely you've seen chocolate before. Probably in one of those care packages you get from real countries.
>>
>>7101764
I just stick it in a paper bag and nuke it.
>>
File: good grief.jpg (81 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
good grief.jpg
81 KB, 300x300
Like, I get that this board is for the wannabe, pretentious snobs that are too unlikable to maintain a leddit account to post on r/food , but most of these posts are incredibly bad.
It's almost like reading a poorly written parody of people who shop at Whole Foods and unironically like kale.
>>
>>7101826
Have tried that but it's pretty boring. I can't buy that powdered butter shit that Amazon sells, they won't ship to my country and there's nothing local even close to it. Only some redneck popcorn seasoning that is 2/10
>>
>>7101764
You're trying WAY too hard.
>>
>>7101859
K
>>
>>7101861
Glad you understand.
>>
>>7101838
saving this for future use
>>
>>7101838
That means so much from someone who's likely not ever worked for more than minimum wage or went out with a hot chick for more than you could pay her.
>>
I love pop corn but all the subtleties of popcorn are lost when adding chocolate. Some texture is added but at the expense of hulls stuck in your teeth, or even worse, an unpopped kernel sneaks by.

There are all sorts of other things that can be chocolate coated that add texture without the side effects.

I must add that there has been some shit works ok with popcorn. The powdered Jello stuff in the box is good. Very tasty and don't need to add a bunch of sugar either. The industrial strength butter flavored liquid the spray on popcorn at the theaters is good too. They sell it in 1 and 5 gallon jugs. Note that it is the stuff they add to the popcorn when it is made several days ahead of time. It keeps it soft and "fresh". The shit they pump in to it by request is a bit different. It makes it wet. The stuff added at the time it is made is a bit different.
>>
File: chocolatey-caramel-crunch.png (142 KB, 310x313) Image search: [Google]
chocolatey-caramel-crunch.png
142 KB, 310x313
The Boy Scouts used to sell chocolate-covered caramel corn.

I remember it being fucking rad as a kid.
>>
>>7101838
There's nothing wrong with kale. I buy it in frozen bricks at shoprite for $1.50. You sautee it with some olive oil and garlic, or chop it up and add it to rice. It's good you slack-jawed junkslut
>>
>>7100673
Australia beat you to it bro

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/chocorn-creator-garth-midgley-keen-to-conquer-the-supermarket-snack-aisle/story-fnjj6013-1226809045536
>>
>>7102646
delicious, i sold that shit like crack
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.