[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So let's talk nuts. Honestly speaking, I don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: almonds.png (512 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
almonds.png
512 KB, 620x412
So let's talk nuts. Honestly speaking, I don't know anything about them, except that I should be eating them. How does one go about storing them and how the hell do I tell if it's rancid or not? How soon should I put them actual storage after I buy them, because the last batch I think I bought were already rancid I think.

Also what's your favorite type of nut?
>>
deez nuts, faggot
>>
Just buy a big bag of mixed nuts, a nutcracker, sit by the fire and eat nuts and think.
>>
Pistachios bitch
>>
peanuts are the best nut. All other nuts are a big scam.
>>
>>7098666
Satan has advised us all
/thread
>>
Almonds are objectively the worst nut, prove me wrong
>>
I like cashews
When I started eating them my tongue, throat and mouth felt itchy and slightly burning, but that went away after a while
>>
In my experience, walnuts go real bad real fast. Nothing else goes rancid so quickly.

Secondly, lightly toasting and rubbing the skins of most nuts refreshes them if you've had them a while.

Top nuts are
Peanut
Pecan
Pistachio

I also quite like a good smoked almond.
>>
>>7098906
Since you're making the claim the burden of proof is on you, friend.
>>
>>7098906
I would argue that you are wrong on the simple fact that almonds are not nuts.
>>
File: 1443233358775.jpg (266 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1443233358775.jpg
266 KB, 1280x960
I love peanuts. If I don't limit myself, I can eat a whole bag easily.
>>
>>7098662
I just buy the generic (Kroger brand) version of these. Mixed Nuts, Lightly Salted. I've never had a problem with rancidness.
>>
File: Mixed Nuts.jpg (410 KB, 960x891) Image search: [Google]
Mixed Nuts.jpg
410 KB, 960x891
>>7099060
Whoops, forgot pic.
>>
>>7098951
Proof is self evident
>>
>>7098662
Keep them in an airtight container.

Favourites are cashews, brazil and macadamia. I love pistachios but fucking hate peeling them. Almonds are probably my least favourite raw but can be quite nice in desserts.
>>
>>7099140
They do make peeled pistachios. But, I've only had them in the form of a pretty decent sized bag as a gift from someone that has a Sam's club card. So, I don't know how they compare in price to unpeeled.

My ideal mix would be pistachios, pecans, cashews, and a small amount of peanuts. All lightly salted.
>>
>go to grocery store
>wanted some cashews to munch on
>jar of cashews was $20

why
>>
>>7099343
Get the halves and pieces. Much cheaper
>>
>>7099343
Like I said, nuts other than peanuts are a scam.

Peanuts love you. Come to peanut.
>>
>>7099350
Peanuts aren't that great though. Mostly eating nuts because in the future I'm probably going to be facing major heart problems due to genetics. So I mostly eat almonds and pistachios.
>>
>>7098906
Your supposed to activate them before eating them.
>>
File: madmen55.jpg (301 KB, 610x769) Image search: [Google]
madmen55.jpg
301 KB, 610x769
>>7098662

Mother Jones has owned the almond beat for more than a year now. The magazine has helped us learn that it takes about a gallon of water to grow a single almond,

I eat almonds but call them conflict almonds when I do. Peanuts are good but higher in calories - constant diet guy.

Been eating Pepita seeds.
feels good man
>>
>>7099712
That poor dress trying to wrangle in that gut
>>
>>7099659
>Mostly eating nuts because in the future I'm probably going to be facing major heart problems due to genetics

In that case you probably shouldn't be eating fatty food at all. Stick with very low fat food.
>>
File: milk.jpg (6 KB, 157x200) Image search: [Google]
milk.jpg
6 KB, 157x200
>>7099712

why am I craving a milkshake right now?
>>
File: madmen.png (204 KB, 310x400) Image search: [Google]
madmen.png
204 KB, 310x400
>>7099753

becuz not fag
>>
>>7099743
Nuts are apparently one of those foods that help with heart health. I'm not that old yet, but I've been changing my habits to eat less meat and salt. I was planning on giving my parents some nuts for Thanksgiving actually though.
>>
>>7098662
Hazelnuts
>>
>>7099812
>Nuts are apparently one of those foods that help with heart health.

Those studies are funded by nut companies to boost the consumption of nuts. And are only directed at healthy individuals with normal hearts. Don't take them too seriously. Having a lot of fat circulating in your blood is bad for your heart, even supposedly 'good' fat.
>>
>>7099846
Heart is plenty healthy right now. Like I said, it's more of a future thing to eat nuts. And it's not like I'm going to be consuming a carton of nuts every day. Excessive amounts of anything is bad anyways.
>>
>>7099712
You're fucking stupid if you think almond trees require significantly more water to grow than the average fruiting tree. May as well boycott all good that is grown from the ground
>>
>>7099852
You don't know what is going on in there. Your arteries feeding your heart might already be 25% blocked.
>>
>>7099846
care to send me some literature on this. Many of the articles I've read suggest that high unsaturated fat diets can be quite healthy. I have yet to find any literature suggesting a negative impact from consuming unsaturated fats.
>>
>>7098666
thanks satan
>>
>>7098662
>how the hell do I tell if it's rancid or not?

It tastes horrible. If you can't tell by the taste, then it's fine anyway because it's not going to make you ill.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.