[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Franklin BBQ bans "professional line standers and order
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: franklin bbq.jpg (58 KB, 525x394) Image search: [Google]
franklin bbq.jpg
58 KB, 525x394
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6vrYaoW0Jw
>>
I was at ACL when they implemented the ban.

I just went to La Barbecue. Much chiller and free beer.
>>
How much do you tip a professional line stander?
>>
homeless people will do just about anything for money

in fact, i knew a few who would wear orange vests and pretend to be parking lot staff downtown, in order to charge people 10 bucks to park in free parking spots.
>>
>>7097277

What the fuck is a professional line stander/order taker? Even after watching the video I still don't get it. Seriously, what the fuck does that even mean?

Is it when you pay someone else to stand in line for you?
>>
>>7097448

Yes?

>>7097380
>i knew a few who would wear orange vests and pretend to be parking lot staff downtown, in order to charge people 10 bucks to park in free parking spots.

top lel
>>
>>7097380
Some of them are absolute bros.

Two years ago, I was going to park in downtown Seattle so I found a parking lot. It was charging like 10 bucks for overnight or some shit. This homeless guy came up to me and said he'll sell me this the parking pass for 2 bucks. I looked at it and it was legit so it was a deal.

I came back two hours later and and he came up to me again. He asked if he could have it back. I didn't need it, and he was absolutely polite so I gave it back to him. Then I realized what he was doing.

I respect his hustle.
>>
>>7097545
I don't get it. What was the hustle.
>>
>>7097770
The pass is all night. So when I returned it, he sold it to someone else. I imagine he had more than 5 passes cycling through.
>>
>>7097782
Which he paid like 10 bucks for each? Call me dumb but I don't see how you come out of that with more money than you started with.
>>
I just saw what Franklin actually looks (and sounds) like on TV. What a complete twat. Douchebag with a lisp. Fuck him
>>
>>7097545
sounds like you both benefited. nothing wrong with that
>>
micklewaith's is way better and like two blocks away. plus you don't have to stand in line for 8 hours
>>
>>7097277

I think Aaron is wrong about this...he has to face reality that his BBQ has outgrown the solitary mom/pop joint. He should open a second BBQ in Houston or even right in Austin. God knows he has the money.
>>
>>7097811
Because he's selling them to multiple people you retard.
>buy pass for 10 dollars
> sell to some guy at a discount
>ask for it back
>sell to someone else
>repeat
>>
>>7099357
Maybe he doesn't want to.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.