[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Usually get the hot dog from Costco food court but decided to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
Usually get the hot dog from Costco food court but decided to get the pizza after always hearing rave reviews for it

I mean it was okay, but not great. Basically what I would expect from a cheap pizza. Why does Costco's pizza have such a great reputation, where people swear by it, will not buy any other pizza, etc?
>>
>tfw no costco
>>
File: real fucking bitter.jpg (62 KB, 864x486) Image search: [Google]
real fucking bitter.jpg
62 KB, 864x486
Because it's $10 for a huge ass pizza that feeds a family of 4 with none of the extra for more toppings.
>>
File: costco-pizza-pepperoni-slice.jpg (61 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
costco-pizza-pepperoni-slice.jpg
61 KB, 500x375
>>7096792
Because it's $1.50 for this
>>
>>7096792
its the same people that never tasted a real pizza so by their logic "cheap" pizza is on par with some pizza from a mom and pop shop somewhere in NJ/NY
>>
costco pizza is GOAT
>>
>>7096905
>real pizza
>real steak
>real coffee

stop
>>
>>7096913
I assume you also consider dominos and pizza hut god tier pizza then. Seriously I have 7 pizza places within a 10 minute drive that would shit on corporate pizza. The only reason I would get a costco pizza is because its cheap. Just because its cheap does not mean its good.
>>
File: 1445524217314.jpg (478 KB, 758x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445524217314.jpg
478 KB, 758x1000
>>7096905
You want some real pizza? Take this!

*whips out homemade pizza with flour i harvested myself and cheese from my dick*
>>
I always get the brat because I live in Wisconsin and I love that pandering to local customs
>>
>>7096905
whats with the New York has good pizza meme?

You would be better off buying pizza in a random city anywhere else in the north than a random place in New York
>>
>>7096942

Meme pizza is best pizza
>Chicago pizza
>NY pizza
>>
>>7096905
>a mom and pop shop somewhere in NJ/NY
>implying there is anything at all that is mom and pop owned and run in New York
>>
Cheap pizza can be god-tier. That grease, dough, and cheap cheese combining just right. It's the perfect junk food.

But how do you land on top?

Price. You have to be the cheapest. This excuses exactly how low-quality the ingredients may be and still be delicious. You can excuse low quality with price.

Availability. You have to be available, yet somewhat exclusive. We see it all the time when people rave endlessly about regional chains. Then they expand and everyone gets them and suddenly it's, "I don't know why this is raved about. It's good, but not rave worthy" and then the decline begins.

This is also why cheap chains are never revered or raved about. They are available everywhere. But they wouldn't be in business if people weren't buying their pizzas and secretly loving them. I've never heard anyone say they absolutely love Little Ceasars, but their proliferation shows someone does, because they're still here and still making money. You can't TELL anybody you love them, because people will immediately know and tell you exactly how shitty their Little Ceasers is. You can't win, because everyone has access.

And on the flip side of that, with proliferation and mass quantity comes a decline in the process. The first location is delicious and controlled. The next fifty locations are usually pretty damn good. You get into the hundreds and thousands and ehhhh... questionable. Much more hit or miss, and much less control. The one reason why Costco can probably stay more consistent is I believe the big box stores are very, very consistent. Something other shitty pizza chains are bad at.

So there you go. Sorry I didn't include a thesis statement or a good conclusion, but those are my guesses. I'm out.

>probably gonna eat a tiny digiorno stuffed crust for dinner, i love my shitty pizza
>>
>>7096982
I find that easy to believe but I'm only going to believe some of it
>>
>>7096792
I don't know of anyone who swears by it and won't buy other pizzas, but as far as I go I like it because it's pretty big and also cheap. It doesn't really taste outstanding, its more for when you want a decent cheap couple of meals.
>>
>>7096792
It used to be better, at least the pizza at my costco did. A whole lot better.
>>
>>7096922
i'd post something mean and insulting in reponse to this, but i know you must have a hard life

i even can't imagine what it's like to not have friends
>>
>>7096792
The pizza that is good is the pizza you take home and bake yourself, not the food court one. They are actually different.
>>
File: 1441871803287s.jpg (4 KB, 125x109) Image search: [Google]
1441871803287s.jpg
4 KB, 125x109
>>7096902
Goddammit I wish there was one around here
>>
>>7096792
>I literally only get pizza from sams club bc their ovens are the cleanest in town and for some reason their pizza is the best
>>
I hate it

too bready
the cheese sucks
the only good thing is the price
>>
>>7096792
Because it tastes way better than shit tier national chains.
>>
>>7096902
/thread

I can't even make pizza at home for as cheap as a costco pizza.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.