[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i've decided that instead of cooking a whole turkey for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: turkeybreasts.jpg (51 KB, 790x655) Image search: [Google]
turkeybreasts.jpg
51 KB, 790x655
So i've decided that instead of cooking a whole turkey for thanksgiving, i'd buy four turkey breasts. What's /ck/s favorite turkey breast recipe?
>>
>>7096069
it's dry as fuck
rather buy duck breast or even better, a whole duck if you don't want whole turkey
>>
>>7096083
i've heard from a few coworkers that it's actually not too dry if cooked right.
>>
>>7096092
but it's much harder to cook right and much easier to fuck up than chicken breast

whatever floats your boat m8. you a fitfag?
>>
>>7096106
nah...cooking for relatives who want 'traditional'. hell, i'd be happy enough making turkey meatloaf, but that might offend them. figured breasts would be a compromise.
>>
>>7096120
alright. My favorite recipe is really simple, mix butter with herbs (oregano, rosemary, thyme, maybe a bit of basil, parsley), pepper, garlic and salt, rub it on, leave overnight and roast with potatoes.
>>
>instead of buying a whole bird i'll spend more money and just get the shittiest part that nobody wants
>>
>>7096069
I'm in the process of making one of these
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/11/turkey-porchetta-food-lab-recipe.html
>>
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/92528/slow-cooker-turkey-breast/

slow cook the tiddy
>>
>Tell family member that a turkey is too much for three people and that I'll look into something else to make for Thanksgiving
>Next day he comes back from the store with a turkey breast saying how much better it would be than ham or any other holiday alternative
Can't wait for dry ass meat Thursday.
>>
lol why would you do that, the white meat is shit
>>
>>7096125
Sounds simple enough. i may give this a go.

thanks anon.
>>
File: plate.jpg (80 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
plate.jpg
80 KB, 1000x750
Season with garam masala, wrap in bacon. Cook at 375F for 1h30 or so. Crank the heat up to 400 to crisp the bacon. Slice and enjoy.
>>
>>7097022
>People keep telling me how amazing slow cookers are
>every meal I have ever had from a slowcooker tastes like shit

no thanks
>>
I'd buy two whole Turkey breasts on the crown (bone-in), and than I'd brine the turkey breasts overnight in the following solution:
- 1litre water
- 1litre apple cider
- 100g kosher salt
- 1 large bunch of parsley
- 1 large bunch of sage
- 2 large bunch of thyme
- 6 cloves (lightly toasted)
- 2 star anise (lightly toasted)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 lemon (skin peeled, juiced)

Instructions:
1. Place all the ingredients except the fresh herbs into a pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
2. When the solution comes to a boil, turn off the heat and add in the fresh herbs.
3. When cool, pour this mixture into a container with your Turkey, and brine overnight (preferably 12hrs).
4. Remove the Turkey breasts, rinse off the brine solution and pat dry. Place in a pan, uncovered and into the fridge to allow to the surface of the meat and skin to air dry. It's best to leave it like this for 1 whole day.
5. Remove the Turkey breast from the oven 2hrs prior to roasting to allow it to come to room temperature. Pre-heat the oven to 325F.
6. Roast the turkey in the preheated oven until it reaches a internal temperature of 155-160F. Allow it to rest for 20-30mins before carving.

Hope's this helps, and Happy Thanksgiving.
>>
>>7096083
This person knows what's up
>>
>>7098778
Wow...this sounds amazing. Cheers mate!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.