[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad are refried beans for you health-wise? I love them so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151120_090500.jpg (30 KB, 313x299) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151120_090500.jpg
30 KB, 313x299
How bad are refried beans for you health-wise? I love them so much for some reason.
>>
>>7095752

Bean burritos and bean chalupas. Who could ask for anything more?
>>
File: refried-beans.jpg (80 KB, 704x457) Image search: [Google]
refried-beans.jpg
80 KB, 704x457
The beans part is fine, the lard part is problematic, possibly sodium as well. Overall, the calories are reasonable compared to a lot of other shit you could eat.
I always buy traditional refried beans, but you could go with the vegetarian/fat free variety if you must. Jalapenos add flavor without calories. Refried black beans are also good.
>>
>>7095752
Not bad if they are cooked from scratch
>>
>>7095752
If self made healthy as fuck.

Several studies have found legume consumption being the most relevant food stuff correlated to longevity.
>>
>>7095752
beans are good for you mang, so the only thing unhealthy about refried is the lard/bacongrease that they're often made with
>>
>>7095752
that image is amazing
>>
>>7096284
You know what else is amazing? My ass tattoo. I have an M on one cheek and an M on the other cheek. When I bend over, it reads MOM. If I roll over on my back, it reads WOW.
>>
>>7095799 and >>7096271 are right. Watch fat and salt content if you need to.

And therefore >>7096162 and >>7096237 are super true, too. Make them yourself! I love making them myself. I usually have plain pinto beans (soaked, cooked in crock pot with just water, taken out and frozen for when I need them) around, and keep them super plain so they can go into chili, refried beans, rice and beans, other soups, or a million other uses. It's great to have beans on hand and ready. And if you're trying to do healthy then it's a fun base, because it takes spices and hot sauce extremely well.
>>
>>7096311
huh
>>
>>7096311

that's quite impressive desu
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.