[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What cooking shows does everyone watch? Contest shows included ofc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 25
File: timthumb.php.jpg (68 KB, 636x340) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.php.jpg
68 KB, 636x340
What cooking shows does everyone watch?

Contest shows included ofc.
>>
and why does everyone hate nigella?
>>
Chef's Table (Netflix)
Great British Menu (BBC)
Anything Rick Stein (BBC)

UK kitchen nightmares if i'm bored af

nothing else worth watching desu, Nigella is past her prime so I can't even oggle her for 30 mins.
>>
>>7095607
Mind of a Chef is really good, at least everyone but the female chef.
>>
File: giada876.jpg (22 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
giada876.jpg
22 KB, 320x240
At least I think it's a cooking show.
>>
Currently watching Len and Ainsley's Big Food Adventure, Terry and Mason's Great Food Trip, and My Life on a Plate.

I intend on finishing Mind of a Chef and give Chef's Table more of a chance too.
>>
>>7095570

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzjR0yL4f0Y

Posh Nosh, it's a must watch.

Love it.
>>
>>7095689
Thanks, never heard of this before.

Those shitty, soggy fish and chips looked really tasty though.
>>
File: 13379849084.gif (481 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
13379849084.gif
481 KB, 500x375
>>7095689

>I know which side my Brad is battered

2fun-e4me
>>
>>7095617
this place I go for lunch always has her show on, but there's no sound or subtitles. I can't name one thing she's ever made, but I watch that show all the time
>>
I used to love watching this guy eat his way to an early death
>>
Barefoot Contessa
>>
The Chew is great! Mario and Michael are funny while being good chefs!
>>
>>7095709
Actually, that reminds me that I quite like Man Finds Food.
>>
Man vs Drink
>>
File: Big_Cook_Little_Cook.jpg (71 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Big_Cook_Little_Cook.jpg
71 KB, 640x360
Big Cook Little Cook
>>
File: image.png (198 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
image.png
198 KB, 500x280
>>
>>7095840
Second this one. He has some amazing recipes and sauces. Rumor has it he also adds cream to his carbonara.
>>
Sweet Genius
>>
File: 51OqGrtg-mL.jpg (56 KB, 377x500) Image search: [Google]
51OqGrtg-mL.jpg
56 KB, 377x500
Oz and James's big wine adventure
Oz and James drink to Britain
>>
Only the old BBC and PBS ones. Before shaky cam and before stupid background or foreground music was considered necessary, and before studio audiences, and way before the weird constantly moving robo cam looking shit that's done now.

No competition shows, I don't see the point of watching those, there's nothing to learn from a bunch of people running around like chickens with their heads chopped off who need drama drums only to get judged by so called celebrity morons.

If they were so damn good then they wouldn't need to be on shit competition shows. Same for the rest of them these days. It wasn't always like that.
>>
>>7095570
Great British Bake Off threads on /tv/ are always comfy as fuck. I just wish they could replace Sue Perkins though.

>>7095840
Thanks to /ck/ my Youtube suggestions are full of his shitty videos and I can't help but watch.

>>7095858
>no competition shows
Bake Off doesn't suffer from manufactured drama too much. MasterChef is pretty good for it too, more so with the professionals.
I watched one series of Hell's Kitchen USA and Jesus Christ that stupid suspense sound they have gave me a headache after one episode.

The only cooking shows I can watch more than two episodes in a row without getting bored are any of Keith Floyd's series, The F Word, and when I'm having a JUST kind of day I'll binge watch some Triple D to the point I want to end myself.
>>
I like the OG Iron Chef. I occasionally watch some Chopped too, but not too much. Bizzare Foods technically counts I guess, but I watch it more as a travel show than a cooking show if that makes any sense.
>>
>>7095570
I enjoy chopped, just to see what wierd shit they put in the baskets and how people think to use them
>>
Top Chef for the challenges, I feel like the chefs there are the best and make the most interesting dishes.

Hell's Kitchen USA for the keks, it's idiotic and completely scripted but is entertaining.

I used to watch No Reservations as my travel food show, his new show still has food but it isn't as much the focal point anymore so I don't want it as often.

Actual cooking shows I don't think I watch. Sure I'll catch an episode of Barefoot Contessa or something if I'm bored or want background noise, but I've never really sat down and watched an entire series or something.
>>
y'know what I would love to see as a cooking show? a cooking version of topgear, like get together a couple or three guys who like to rib each other and play pranks and they roadtrip and shit, and try out all kinds of kitchen hardware new and old. would anyone else watch? also if foodnetwork is reading this feel free to steal the idea
>>
>>7095570
Ugh, baking cakes is not cooking.
>>
Ray Mears Wild Food
>>
File: e_111412_guyfieri_prnewswire.jpg (25 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
e_111412_guyfieri_prnewswire.jpg
25 KB, 630x354
should be obvious
>>
>>7095570
Masterchef: The Professionals

I don't like the regular series, and I despise the celebrity one

Professionals is the only one I like. Italian boy gonna win it.
>>
>>7095925
>Great British Bake Off threads on /tv/ are always comfy as fuck. I just wish they could replace Sue Perkins though.

>dat garbage cake

>salt instead of sugar

lulz
>>
chopped and cutthroat kitchen
>>
>>7095840
>>7095846
>>7095925

If you insist on watching this fat retarded cu/ck/lord, please for the love of all that is based use a fucking adblocker so he doesn't get adsense revenue
>>
I like Cook's Country/America's Test Kitchen since Good Eats is NEVER FUCKING ON. Anything PBS-core is pretty great, even that shitty Jazzy Vegetarian show.
>>
It's like the Mario Party of cooking competition shows, so good
>>
File: risque.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
risque.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>7095570
This american chef always has spot on receipes.
It's my BBQ go to guy.
Also he puts in a lot of research in his show so you learn something new all the time.
>>
File: buttertarts.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
buttertarts.webm
1 MB, 640x360
Good Eats, mostly. Doesn't actually air over here, so I just watch what I can sometimes on Youtube.

Other than that, I might watch these two homos dick around in their studio kitchen at like two in the morning.
>>
>>7096672
this

laugh at the cunt, by all means

don't contribute to his "nuke palestine" fund
>>
>>7095570
I don't find Sue Perkins to be that funny....
>>
>>7095858
I like America's Test Kitchen.
>>
>>7096672
Don't worry. Adblock and always disliking his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl5OFosjNZE
Ramsay is one of the most calming chefs I watch.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BarbecueWeb
Almost everything by the BBQ Pit Boys makes my mouth water.
>>
>>7095925
are you me?
>>
Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen tbħ fám
>>
>>7095925
>I just wish they could replace Sue Perkins though.
I like Sue Perkins, she's actually really funny when she's not doing twee daytime feel-good tv faff. She hosted a radio spoof of British competition panel games called The 99p Challenge that had people like Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Peter Serofinowicz and Armando Ianucci on it a lot, competing in nonsensical games to win 99p.

It's a shame that she has a brain tumour.
>>
>>7097972
That's one of the problems with shows now, I don't want to be "part of their family" nor do I care about their ailments. Just do some cooking stuff like old shows. They're stupid ass personalities now.

They do the bullshit to waste time between commercials because they really have nothing else to offer.
>>
>>7097972
She's at her best in Supersizers. Anyone talking shit should go watch it.
>>
Masterchef:The Professionals (UK)
>>
>>7098057
SO WHAT?

It's too bad the bitch has a brain tumor, that's about as much my problem as why islamics are fucked in the head. Her show sucks dick and her having a fucking ailment isn't going to make me watch it or watch her stupid commercials.

Get over it. I don't know her and I don't owe her a damn thing, just like I don't owe some islamics anything either. It's funny how a lot of politicals say take them in, everywhere but in their own houses.

It seems to be an excuse to ramp up taxes for people that shouldn't be in the western world in the first place. Let a ton of them in, knowing what they are, then we have ramp up security measures and taxes to protect ourselves from what the social engineering types just let in... but they never let them in they're own backyards, they have armed guards.
>>
File: 1446682856530.jpg (15 KB, 378x249) Image search: [Google]
1446682856530.jpg
15 KB, 378x249
>>7098077
>that's about as much my problem as why islamics are fucked in the head
>I don't owe her a damn thing, just like I don't owe some islamics anything either
>the rest of that post
Are you upset, Anon
>>
>>7098077
Damn that's an iodized reply. Way to go off on a tangent you fucking mongoloid scumfuck.
>>
>>7098077
Do you always have arguments with imaginary libruls in your head or is it only when discussing light hearted shows about cakes.
>>
>>7098077

>Fucking muslims ruining my cooking shows!
>>
>>7098098
I'm upset that our nations are giving up about 2000 years of knowing fighting them for social enginering and well you see the consequences. We don't owe islamics anything. There's no positive reason for them to be in western nations.

If there is a positive reason for them to be in western nations why don't you tell me what it is instead of throwing around -isms and -phobes.
>>
>>7098108
>>7098133
Did I touch a nerve with you islamic obama/clinton excuse makers?

You must be right, letting them into western nations after thousands of years of people who knew better than you is really good for your social engineering... but of course, islam is the religion of peace.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks
>>
File: scary-monica-eyes.jpg (22 KB, 274x219) Image search: [Google]
scary-monica-eyes.jpg
22 KB, 274x219
For your skills test, I'd like you to make an epic troll thread on /ck/. You have 15 minutes.
>>
>>7098152
Okay but what's your favourite kind of cake.

I like cheesecake but I'm not sure whether it counts as a cake.
>>
File: Bill-Clinton-and-Monica-Lewinski.jpg (127 KB, 1840x1227) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Clinton-and-Monica-Lewinski.jpg
127 KB, 1840x1227
>>7098157
Needs more bunga bunga girls
>>
>>7098160
Maybe black forest.
>>
>>7098162
See, I should really like black forest, because cherries are basically my favourite thing, and I also love chocolate. So every time I see black forest cake I buy it and then I remember that I'm not really a big fan of the kirsch.

Maybe I should make one and leave out the booze.
>>
File: 1447207179851.jpg (246 KB, 858x990) Image search: [Google]
1447207179851.jpg
246 KB, 858x990
>>7098147
>If there is a positive reason for them to be in western nations why don't you tell me what it is instead of throwing around -isms and -phobes.
But I didn't.

I think the open-armed welcoming of refugees from countries with alien customs and barbaric traditions is foolish and a bold failure of the European Union. I think statistics prove that immigration from these countries is a stain upon all what it touches. I also think politics belong on /pol/, and that you're an absolute idiot for bringing up politics in a cooking show thread on a board about food and cooking, and only for food and cooking.

Quit being a faggot and fuck off.
>>
>>7098186
Nice British hypocrasy there, we in the USA don't have to take your bullshit like your colonies or territories or parts of your commonwelth do. How about this, piss the the fuck off Englandistani.
>>
>>7098196
I live in Miami, Florida.
Please go to bed.
>>
>>7098196
Okay but what kind of cookie do you like best?

I like oatmeal raisin but maybe I'm just being contrary.
>>
>>7098186
Double hypocrites because you don't really control your borders anymore, the EU does. It's pretty funny that Brussels the nation that hosts your bullshit EU is a real hotbed of terrorist activity.
>>
>>7098200
I was born there, I don't live there. Florida is pretty messed up. Generally speaking and that doesn't mean everyone but it applies to about 96% of the population, the people there are fucked in the head. I got out of there at about 1 day old. Ha hA HA!
>>
>>7098201
Oatmeal raisin is good. I prefer savory foods so when asking what's my favorite cake or cookie you're not going to get a very meaningful answer.
>>
RUNNYRUNNY999 BITCHES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzzZE3SrqDI
>>
File: 1446853447721.jpg (337 KB, 753x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446853447721.jpg
337 KB, 753x1200
>>7098207
>in FL only long enough to be born
>"sure is fucked up down there"
Sure thing, big boy.

>>7098225
Poor man's Cooking with Doggo, but after Francis dies I'll have no choice but him.
>>
>>7098201
These little fuckers are kind of addictive which is why I stay away from them.

I must say, these are pretty fuckin' good.

White chocolate macadamia nut cookies.

http://cookdiary.net/white-chocolate-macadamia-nut-cookies/
>>
>>7098229
Don't be jealous that you can't get out of the place.
>>
>>7098221
Do you have a favourite bread? I got some marmite bread a while ago and it was really nice even though I normally hate marmite. They spread a thin layer of marmite on the dough when it was ready to bake, and then kind of folded it randomly a few times so you had seams of slight bitterness running through the bread. It was really great dipped in leek and potato soup.

I don't suppose an American would have encountered marmite though.
>>
>>7098239
No, it depends on purpose. Overall I like rye and black breads the best. Again it depends on purpose.
>>
>>7098239
In NYC we encounter everything. It's not that marmite is so bad, it's that there's a lot better here.
>>
File: BOL-00203-0.jpg (452 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
BOL-00203-0.jpg
452 KB, 1600x1600
>>7098239
I've always wondered what Marmite/Vegimite tastes like.
Picked some of this up at the grocery store. It's very beefy, very salty, and makes an excellent broth when mixed with boiling water. Possible 'mite analogue? Do Pacifics have this?
>>
>>7098256
Maybe they have Knorr cubes?
>>
>>7098256
The funny thing is, and it's not about the money but that stuff is pretty expensive for what it is, and a damn chicken or whatever packet from top ramen or maruchen ramen does just as well. It just doesn't look as good to the hoity toit crowd.
>>
>>7098259
Everyone has bouillon cubes, Anon.
This stuff is a very thick brown/black paste that comes in a jar.
>>
>>7098263
I know what it is, we invented the shit here in the USA, I'm saying that overall in a finished dish you wont taste a difference between that paste which costs like $5 per jar or some packet that you get from cheap ramen noodle packet that costs a lot less.
>>
>>7098256
Nope, I'm afraid that's a Bovril analogue. Marmite looks the same, but is a different thing. It's similar in that both are salty and strong, but marmite is not meaty at all. You'd have to order some marmite to really understand what it tastes like.

On a side note, I had stomach surgery back in May, and for a few weeks afterwards, I basically lived on that kind of beef base broth, with a side of nutrient powder mixed with milk. It's not very fun, but I can tell you that it's a very effective weight loss strategy.
>>
File: Beavis_Butthead-whoah.png (791 KB, 1063x800) Image search: [Google]
Beavis_Butthead-whoah.png
791 KB, 1063x800
>>7098268
MEATY
>>
>>7098267
You can't exactly spread a fucking salt pack onto a piece of toast.
>what is reading comprehension

>>7098268
Will people use Bovril in the same areas they would Marmite?
>>
>>7098276
They might spread it on toast, but it's more often used as a hot drink while camping around here.
>>
>>7098276
That's why I don't eat that shit and you're taking in islamics by the boatload.
>>
>>7098285
Once more, I'm from Miami.

>>7098284
Would you mind going half and half on a slice of bread and articulating just how they're different? It's 4 in the morning here and I want to make sure it's worth it for brekky.
>>
>>7098179
Black Forest caek is really good, I don't know if I'd want to eat it 24/7 fuck that for anything, but it's good. That's why it's difficult for me to say this or that is my favorite.
>>
>>7098291
I can tell that you're from Miami, LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME, you seem like the type.
>>
>>7098291
Are you a look at me, look at me nigger?
That's generally what you get from Miami these days.
>>
>>7098291
I'd love to help you, but I rarely eat marmite or bovril, I've never tried bovril on toast, and marmite is a difficult flavour to explain because there isn't really anything to compare it to. Reading back, I think I misunderstood a question of yours and suggested that you can make marmite into a drink. You can't.

If I had to say a difference I would say that marmite is like bovril but replace the meat flavour with bitterness. That's the best I can do.

>>7098297
1) Politicising everything
2) Pushing a social agenda during unrelated topics
3) Insulting those who you percieve as being insufficiently ideologically pure

Mate, you're an sjw. What's your favourite kind of pie?
>>
>>7098297
>>7098295
Perhaps it's what you get from Miami.
You know what you don't get?
"Islamics by the boatload"
I just think it's important to remind you so you don't slip back into believing I'm a UK citizen as you're wont to do.
>>
>>7095570
>CTRL+F
>no Chef John

What the fuck?
>>
File: 1446671621888.gif (2 MB, 460x304) Image search: [Google]
1446671621888.gif
2 MB, 460x304
>>7098301
>You can't.
From "Planatarian Recipies"
1/2 fresh cucumber
1 generous teaspoon of Marmite
1 handful of chopped curly Kale
1 small slice of fresh ginger
Juice of 1 lemon or limI
80g fresh bean curd / tofu
1 sheet of nori (sushi) seaweed
1 Kiwi, apple and Lime Innocent Smoothie
2 capsules of Vegan Omega 3 DHA / EPA (400mg DHA)

yum
pic related
>>
>>7098308
I stand corrected. You can do it. But you SHOULDN'T.
>>
>>7095570
I'm in love with Ruby from that show.
>>
>>7098746
So was Paul Hollywood
>>
>>7095805
The chew fucking blows they dont even post the recipes and half of them are retarded
>>
>>7098750
For real? I just caught the show on TV today so I'm not really up to date.
>>
Paul Hollywood is great and all, but he doesn't like making crumpets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OF_cbtp1cI
>>
>>7098880
When it first aired some were accusing him of going easy on Ruby in the judging because he liked her, then there were accusations that she was deliberately flirting. Then later she came out as gay on Twitter.
>>
>>7098905
Oh man, her being lesbian just made her even more hot.

It goes along with her freaky forehead.
>>
>>7096436
Baking is cooking
>>
Posting the godliest show
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRIZtPl9nb9RiXc9btSTQNw
>>
>>7095570
who the fuck are these faggots?
>>
File: ss (2015-11-08 at 09.45.26).jpg (73 KB, 534x414) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-08 at 09.45.26).jpg
73 KB, 534x414
>>7095617
>>
>>7098746
hated this cunt
>>
>>7098301
Key Lime and good old fashioned Apple Pie.
>>
>>7098757
They're all retarded, it's a housewife hen show.
>>
File: oona shrug.webm (248 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
oona shrug.webm
248 KB, 720x720
>>
File: heavy breath cat.jpg (33 KB, 600x553) Image search: [Google]
heavy breath cat.jpg
33 KB, 600x553
>>7100910
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.