[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe what makes a great tasting beer for you.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: CHEERS.jpg (996 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
CHEERS.jpg
996 KB, 2000x1000
Describe what makes a great tasting beer for you.
>>
Tastes like really good toasted bread.
>>
>>7095137

This. Also it should allow me to belch like a viking lord.
>>
A lot of hops! No, more hops than that!
>>
I dunno, I drank a big ass corona earlier. It was OK.
>>
File: 740.jpg (68 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
740.jpg
68 KB, 480x640
>>7095137
I like that kind of beer. Zwettler Original is a lot like that. That's probably my go-to lager when I'm back home.
>>
A beer that doesn't give me a mild sense of dread just before take a sip
>>
File: ThatsTheStuff.jpg (87 KB, 605x907) Image search: [Google]
ThatsTheStuff.jpg
87 KB, 605x907
What makes one beer great-tasting for me often isn't the same thing as another beer. Stouts and Gose beer both taste great, but not for the same reasons.
But I think quaffability is my favorite quality for beer. I like beer I can drink a liter of. Wouldn't want to do that with most Imperial IPAs or Quads. I'm also a fan of maltiness, so I like a lot of dunkel lagers/weizens.
>>
>>7095224
fuck off you fucking hipster shit asshole you ruined beers. asshole.
>>
>>7096140
Hopefully you do the right thing and shove a seething hot pipe up your urethra and prevent any potential spawn of yours from infesting the Earth
>>
>>7095129
It's not beer.
>>
>>7095129
Something light and refreshing, with perhaps a toasted quality to it.
>>
>almost 2016 still drinking beer

I have transcended to liquid hop extract, anything less and you're a baby who only drinks sweet things.
>>
two words: made in America
>>
Toasty maltiness with a decent hop bite.
>>
>>7097208
'Mestic 'Merican Bur
>>
>>7095129
bittersweet
good mouthfeel
good color
nice head that last for however long i plan to drink it
no corn syrup or blatant corn or rice sweetness added to it
5.0-6.9% abv
good carbornation to it
non memey label and advertising
smells so good i could smell it for hours.
doesnt make me fell nauseaus the next morning
fuck greentext.
>>
Depends on the style but for the most part: a quality malt backbone for other ingredients to stand up to, certain qualities of fruit or other plants (pine, herbs, flowers), yeast esters that provide unique qualities, and low-medium to medium carbonation; I don't want to feel like I'm drinking liquid pop rocks.
>>
>>7097205
>not eating yeast, grain, and hops and letting magic do the rest
>ISHYGDDT 2015
>>
>>7095129
As long as it's different, a beer is perfect.
I'm tired of mass produced watery lagers... they're made to not "offend" anybody, they're meant to be drunk by anyone in order to get drunk.

A good hoppy IPA, or a very toasty porter, or a yeasty hefe, or a nice combo is all I need. As long as there is variety. I don't eat pizza for every meal, why should I drink the same tasting beer every time?
>>
>>7095230

underrated post
>>
I never liked an overly hoppy beer. It should have a malty aroma, a slight caramel flavor with a mild bittersweet and a crisp finish.
>>
>>7097343
Not really
>>
File: wha.png (1 MB, 1898x931) Image search: [Google]
wha.png
1 MB, 1898x931
Beer is too versatile of a beverage for me to give a simple answer. My true difference between a good and great beer though would be the overall product's quality or the overall balance. If you buy a hoppy pale ale and you get some awesome toastiness+bitterness+citrusy and piney hop flavors going on then you are probably drinking a great fucking beer. If you have a saison that has some funk, spice, and citrus without having the 100% typical saison flavor/aroma then you're probably drinking a pretty great saison. If you've got a stout/porter with a legit aroma of high quality coffee and/or high quality chocolate then you have a great beer in your hands. Beer can just be too different of a beverage. It doesn't have to be to the style. It doesn't have to be loaded with adjuncts. It doesn't have to follow some bavarian purity law. If you make the recipe and execute it the right way then that should more often than not be a great beer. I'm going to make a brief comparison here though to give the best example of what I consider good vs. great. A local brewery does a phenomenal BA pumpkin barleywine. It has the classic pumpkin ale notes, the classic english barleywine notes, and combines the two while aging in brandy and rye barrels. To me it's hands down the best pumpkin beer and the best BA Barleywine I've ever had. They made a great recipe and executed it perfectly. They're known for their sours however. Most of their sours don't have enough of the flavors that are advertised and are all too much house character (sourdough, extremely acidic, fairly fruity). I'd say these are just good and are almost incapable of blowing you away while still being solid purchases most of the time.
>>
>>7095129
Hefe weizen is my favorite if that means anything
>>
>>7095129
One that is not bitter.
>>
I have an American tongue when it comes to beer

I like really light and watery flavours in my "beer".
>>
>>7097205
>not smoking the raw hops through a clay pipe

stay pleb
>>
File: 1442703475468.png (93 KB, 216x249) Image search: [Google]
1442703475468.png
93 KB, 216x249
How can anyone drink beer??? It tastes like absolute shit. All alcohol does, but beer is unforgivable because it has such a low Alcohol content.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.