[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
non-US people, is this what you really think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5
File: 1432725186-073.jpg (171 KB, 298x850) Image search: [Google]
1432725186-073.jpg
171 KB, 298x850
non-US people, is this what you really think
>>
>>7095114
yes because it's true
>>
>>7095150

That's like, so ignorant. You should educate yourself.
>>
>>7095114
I don't think that Americans eat a lot of bread.
I'm German. I eat a lot of bread. The stuff you sometimes categorize as bread sickens me deeply.

From what I see online it seems to have gotten better since the last time I went to tht US though. And then there's German towns of course.
>>
>>7095172
Getting proper rye bread in the US is still pretty much impossible. It's all soft and spongy.
>>
>>7095114
i like her art and her jokes arent that bad, but fuck this weab shit. its wasted talent.

>>7095172
US here, i eat bread maybe with half, or 3/4, of the meals i eat. sandwiches included.
>>
I don't.
I'm Dutch, it probably represents my country better
>>
>>7095114
No one gives a fuck about you. The US isn't some inside joke among other nations. Only Americans care about Americans.
>>
>>7095184
but thats wrong, literally every country cares about America given that America is the most powerful nation in the world by far
>>
Isn't that just an Japanese stereotype for Americans?
>>
>>7095192
Ha Ha Ha,
Yeah of course, keep telling yourself that, considering your country is owned by China that one of your great leaders started a war in Iraq, that your country couldn't pay for.
Every other country in the world is sitting back and laughing at the great United States, because of their obesity, debt and general lack of hope or motivation.
>>
>>7095217
I'm not American
>>
File: chadwarden.gif (2 MB, 320x193) Image search: [Google]
chadwarden.gif
2 MB, 320x193
>>7095217
>no one gives a fuck about you. The US isn't some inside joke among other nations.
>Every other country in the world is sitting back and laughing at the great United States
>>
>>7095219
I'm not European either.
>>
>>7095114
I personally wasn't aware of the bread stereotype
I actually think you eat far more meat than us
>>
>>7095192
is this bait?
>>
File: 1394498497752.png (8 KB, 376x260) Image search: [Google]
1394498497752.png
8 KB, 376x260
>brackets around the text for no fucking reason
>>
I assume it's the opposite of "asians eat rice all the time", because they do eat a fuckton of rice.
They probably believe westerners eat bread for every meal because a lot of people (especially on american television) do actually eat some form of bread for every meal.

It's like how we think Indians stink like curry, Japanese people think whites stink like milk and cheese.
>>
>>7095114
I don't follow what this comic is trying to imply.

Is it trying to say that only Americans eat a varied diet and everyone else eats the same set things every meal and to do otherwise is an alien concept?
>>
>>7095376
It's supposed to mark that what's spoken is in Moon language.
>>
>>7095174
This is true. I don't want to pay $5 for daily bread.
>>
>>7095114
i LOVE bread i wish this was reality
>>
Hold on, there are people that don't eat bread for every meal?
>>
>>7095384
The implication is that people tend to have misconceptions about cultures they are not a part of. I am from the States but I live and work in Hong Kong and people think things that are similar to that but not exactly that about us all the time, as I'm sure we think similar things about other cultures that we won't even see as stupid until they're pointed out.
>>
>>7095378
I am from a Chinese family and my Chinese grandma gets visibly distressed if she takes ANY meal without rice. When we ate out as a family we were constantly scouring the menu for a rice dish for her and when we ate at home she would always have a mini rice cooker making her own portion of rice to go with whatever the rest of the family was eating.
>>
>>7095376
you're shit and a bad troll

Also lol at that guy's も nose
>>
>>7095179
same, the amount of carbs dutch people eat is astounding
>>
>>7095510
Are your parents from China too? Do they not share in her need for rice?

It's cute how she has her own mini rice cooker.
>>
>>7095522
Mom is American, Dad moved to the States over 30 years ago and probably got over all that nonsense.
>>
>>7095114
pretty much every other country assumes Americans have an awful unhealthy diet
>>
Be in Paris one warm August evening, sitting in a sidewalk cafe drinking a beer and watching storm clouds gather over the city. Two Japanese men sit down next to me and assume I'm German because I'm drinking beer. I'm American as fuck.
>>
>>7095221
He didn't call you European.
>>
>>7095174
on the east coast at least you can find Levy's Jewish Rye in many supermarkets which is reasonable good
>>
>>7095172
My first thought on reading the comic was, "Americans eat lots of sandwiches and pizza, but when it comes to bread the Germans have us easily beat."
>>
>>7095550
You should have asked them if they're from China.
>>
>>7095345
Is America not the strongest nation in the world?
>>
File: Nato.jpg (76 KB, 952x534) Image search: [Google]
Nato.jpg
76 KB, 952x534
>>7095586
reminder of what Yuropoors actually believe
>>
>>7095586
this isn't the 1980s any more, chum
>>
>>7095631
here's a real life example

the US goes into a recession, all of a sudden several nations go into economic free fall

China's stock market crashes entirely a few months ago? No one even hears of it.
>>
>>7095550
I know that feel. My family is American, but our roots are German, and evidently we look German as fuck. Whenever my sister or I go to Europe strangers speak to us in German before English, because they just assume we're German. This has happened often enough that it's become a running joke in the family.
>>
>>7095635
>No one even hears of it.
This is bullshit.
And although I admit that the US probably has a lot of political influence, your own downfall dragging others with you is a sign of importance to others but not a sign of strength.
>>
>>7095524
>got over all that nonsense.
What nonsense? Liking rice?
I hate it when people actively try to distance themselves from their culture because they think it makes them look poor.
>>
>>7095656
how is global importance not tied to strength? I don't even have to bring up military strength because that's not even arguable
>>
>>7095695
Not that guy and I do think US is both important and strong but Japan for example had a lot of importance and very little strength. India is important but not strong despite a very large army.
>>
>>7095114
It's more true for Germany desu
>>
>>7096090
desu
>>
>>7095172
I agree with this. Some horrible sweet maize syrup mangled bread made out of preservatives is not bread.
Baguettes and sub and whatever is at the least some sort of white bread.

>Diet literally made out of 70% bread meals
>Move out
>Eat less bread, somehow
>>
No one cares what people from other countries eat. It's not relevant.
>>
>>7095510
What part of China is she from? My family's from the north and we eat noodles and steamed buns sometimes instead of rice.
>>
>>7095172
I agree with you on this as an American. Sick of all this corn syrup in my bread. I've started buying this bread that's normally found in the frozen food section. Sprouted grain, it's so hearty and tasty.
>>
As an american, I don't know many people whose diet are alike. I eat a lot more oatmeal than bread and eat almost no rice at all. Eat more beans than red meat, but eat more fish than beans. Fish is the biggest percentage of my protein. Peas are the vegetable I eat most.

One of my friends eats more pasta than bread. Another eats mostly bread. Another rice (he's mexican).

Point being, besides stereotypes, an American diet is as varied from person to person as a five pound bag of every jelly belly flavor.
>>
I eat a ton of bread. But I don't add any fat or sugar to it, nor do I put fat and sugar on my bread. And it is half whole wheat flour. So it healthy.
>>
>>7095114
LOL
>>
>>7095114
Rice is truly the worst food in every way. I thank God every day I wasn't born in Asia so I don't have to stuff myself with rice, uncooked fish, and insects.
>>
>>7096405
C'mon... everyday?
>>
>>7095220
literally everyone wants to be american.
>>
>>7096437
I'd slaughter a dozen hippies and 129 French people to become an American if I wasn't one already.
>>
>>7095672
I like rice just fine and eat it with maybe 50% of my meals. The nonsense is eating a bowl of rice with every meal no matter what.
>slice of pizza + bowl of rice
>hamburger + bowl of rice
>plate of spaghetti carbonara + bowl of rice
>bowl of couscous + bowl of rice
It's my culture insofar as my culture is that of the tiny village my grandma was arranged married to my grandpa in and their diet was not nearly so varied as mine is (for better or worse).
>>
>>7096159
Ningbo, near Shanghai

I was exaggerating a bit, if we ate Chinese food she would sometimes eat noodles instead and for breakfast she'd eat a bun sometimes.
>>
>>7095192
listen, im canadian, and im continuously astounded by the quantity of "huuurrrrrr why do murricans do this?" or "ahaha MUUURRRRICANS amirite?" threads across 4chan as a whole. Unless they're all started by americans, then clearly someone who has never been there gives a whole lot of fucks about it. The differences between North American culture and European culture are really inconsequential compared to NA/EU compared to Indonesia, or Saudi Arabia or some shit.

We're similar enough to find the differences kind of novel.
>>
>>7095343
It's only a stereotype in Japan because of how they use rice.

From the comic's webpage:
>In their defense, I never understood before coming here just how CRUCIAL rice is to almost every Japanese meal. Every school lunch (except Bread Tuesday, which my coworkers tend groan about) has a serving of white rice attached, and even places like ramen shops usually offer rice on the side for an extra fee. It's really not a meal unless it includes rice! We just don't have any equivalent of that, at least not in my family ;0 So I can understand how it must be disorienting.
>>
>non-US "people"
>>
>>7095114
No. In fact when I think of US bread, I think of the worst kind of shitty supermarket discount sliced white bread that's stale out of the packaging. It seems to be the only fucking kind you sell over there.
>>
>>7097501
yep, our bread starts discounted. it's a funny quirk in our supermarket system.
>>
>>7097501
In supermarkets the bread is awful. But there are plenty of great bakeries out there.
>>
>>7097501
>foreigners still think that the US has "American" style food
If you go to a supermarket basically anywhere in the US except for the most isolated flyover states, you will find an in-store bakery that basically makes any and all bread
>>
File: 1432117728-072.jpg (158 KB, 299x850) Image search: [Google]
1432117728-072.jpg
158 KB, 299x850
>>7095114
That's specifically a Japanese misconception, if you hadn't noticed that the author is an English teacher in Japan.
>>
>>7097501
That's just in discount markets. And even then it isn't stale. I'm glad I could educate you.
>>
>>7097589
>>7095114
whoever this cunt is, she is fucking retarded and does not know the culture

they compliment foreigners on chopsticks no matter how long you have been using them

that is just them being polite
>>
>>7097714
>they compliment foreigners on chopsticks no matter how long you have been using them

Not all foreigners; they are completely unphased when, say, an Indian uses chopsticks and speaks the language.
Part of it is politeness, sure, but Japanese also have genuinely low expectations for Anglo foreigners.
>>
>>7097714
she probably knows more about the culture than you to best truthful familia
>>
>>7097750
>to best truthful familia

the fuck are you doing, senpai? baka desu.
>>
>>7097714
The Japanese are racist cunts and it wouldn't surprise me at all to be talked down to like in the comic.
>>
>>7097763
They are rightfully racist and xenophobic. You dont see their cities and people getting killed and blown up by "refugees". Not to mention their low crime rates
>>
>>7097766
>"low" crime rates
it has already been highly documented that nip cops don't report as many crimes as they witness
>>
>>7097766
You're right, the people simply get chopped up by and killed by the Yakuza who are deeply ingrained into everything
>>
>>7097769
same goes for america, you can image how much worse it is here
>>
>>7097757
puss of weeb kek desu baka senpai
>>
>>7097766
Would you sincerely like to live in Japanese society? It's goddamn miserable and their population is literally declining because everyone is too depressed to fuck
>>
>>7097775
>so insecure that he awkwardly avoids wordfilters
>still says weeb, a nonesense word popularized by being a wordfilter

I am disappointed in you, dearest kin of mine.
>>
>>7097777
They just need the right simulations to get their fucks going again

>Would you sincerely like to live in Japanese society?
not really, the typical saleryman is hell not to mention trying to get work as a foreigner. I just hate people getting all uppity over shit like chopsticks. I mean you learned the language, knowing about the culture should have come to
>>
>>7097788
>implying anyone who came here past 2008 would even know the origin of weeaboo
>implying anyone will ever have the feeling of reading through 2006 /b/ with an encycolpedia dramatica tab open to look up all the terms that people used.
>implying anyone will lose a decade of their life to a website ever again
>>
>>7095114
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-bread-consumption-per-capita

So, yeah, Turkey, Followed by Serbia, followed by Bulgaria.
>>
>>7097589
Why are weebs always bitching?
I mean, okay so you can't stand the uncouth, crass & outspoken manner of a patriotic American who does eat a decent amount of meat with cheese & who mispronounces every french word he comes across for the pure plaisir of it, etc...I get it. You're embarrassed by EVERYTHING in this LOSER COUNTRY, GAWD! So, you gotta boss out. Where do you go though? Mexico is too hot & they have weird donkeys. They also cook rice TOTALLY WRONG. No way hozay, forget it.
Now Canada is cool--really ahead of the game. Real lithe on the ice, as it were. They dig gays & drugs & progress, like America but no racism allowed. You know, it sounds kind of tempting. But nah, there's too many ugly trees & none of your kimonos can stand up to the raw bite of their winter. Whatcha goona doo eh?

You like honor. You LOVE hanime. It has to be Japan. Where else will a pensive boy with soft hair put heated stones in a cloth bag over your feet & pour you green tea? Not here. Not in the Ewwnited Hates of Lamerica where nobody's even HEARD of Lied & you get laughed at for being different. People here are SO inconsiderate it's ABSURD! AHH DIEEE

Arrivu in Nippu:
>Haha white fatty Moby Dikku desu

LET ME JUST SAY, PEOPLE HERE ARE SOOO ARRGGHHH
>>
>>7095114
are you telling me americans dont just eat a bunch of bread?

what do you guys eat then?
>>
>>7095150
its wrong.
Japan ate more bread at breakfast than we do when I went there, they had way more bread options in convinience stores. you're lucky to find shitty donuts and hot dog buns in murica.

americans eat potatos. french fries, hash browns, mashed, boiled, grilled, yet all japan cares about is murican bread herp derp.

do you even yukon gold?
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.