[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutting foods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1386761426971.gif (891 KB, 500x296) Image search: [Google]
1386761426971.gif
891 KB, 500x296
Going to the store tomorrow to get food while I'm on a diet/cutting. I have no idea what the fuck to cook. Need things that are high protein and healthy.
Currently got Turkey Chili on my list
>>
>>7094988

Bulk lentils and rolled oats
Quinoa
>>
>thread about cutting food
>brings up chili

Just use a fucking spoon, anon.
>>
>>7094988
If you are looking to cut, tuna is great,

If its not fresh a tin in a salad,

Lettuce
tomatto
eschallots
pepper
salt
lemon
lowfat fetta.

Even the above on some light Ryre bread
Chicken
small handful of peas
bacon bits
onion
fresh chilli
capsicum
broccoli
slat and pepper to taste

Two meals you can prep for a day or two especially the chicken one in Chinese containers
>>
SQUATZ AND OATZ are meme for a reason.

Also boneless skinless chicken breasts and veg. High protein greek yogurt.
>>
>>7095038
Absolutely hate Tuna.
Besides that,All of that sounds good though, Thanks mane.
>>7095041
My diet this week has consisted of plain oats mixed with protein powder and Eggs. I need something new
>>
Breakfasts should be :
Bacon and eggs
Ham and melon

Lunches should be :
Grilled/Oven roasted chicken breast on a bed of greens
Low carb burger, wrapped in lettuce leaves with toppings and condiments. (No ketchup)
Pork chop and green beans

Dinners should be :
Pinwheel Steak
Bacon wrapped chicken
Steak and asparagus

Dinners and lunches can be interchangeable. Snacks are where some might be stumped...

Snacks :
Yogurt and almonds
Celery with cream cheese
Pepperoni bites
Raw snow/snap peas outta the bag
Broccoli and cheese

If you get a hankering for chocolate, do sugar free candies, sparingly. If you eat a whole bag, they will give you the runs, and it still might pack on a couple pounds that day. Keep a sugar free, flourless torte on hand.
>>
veggie chili and whole wheat bread.
>>
>>7094996
>carbs
>carbs
>carbs
>>
>>7094988
pea soups
bean soups
bulgogi wrapped in lettuce with quick pickled vegetables
>>
For breakfast, I usually do:

100g quick oats (or rolled)
250ml low fat milk
protein powder
100g of a frozen berry (usually blueberry)

all blended together.

Lunch for me is usually grilled meat like a chicken that has been marinated or seasoned with steamed vegetables.

later on I might do a pasta dish or rice dish for pre-workout meal.

dinner is usually something small to eat.
>>
>>7094988
OP, I'm trying to lose some weight as well. This is what I do. All kinda depends on your budget, but here goes.

-Baked potatoes (I usually make 5 or 6 at a time)
-Grilled salmon (season lightly to taste, nothing wild and caloric though)
-Egg beaters or egg whites
-Grilled chicken (same as salmon)
-Buy salad ingredients and make a big salad that will last you the week (spinach, peppers, cherry tomatoes, fat free feta, and olives if you want a little more taste but a few more calories)
-Cereal using light almond milk or skim milk
-Shakshuka (http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2010/07/summer-2010-travel-blog-shakshuka/... Easy, low cal, and good.
-Lots of veggies (brocolli, spinach, carrots, celery). Filling and good. Prices vary.
-Hummus on carrots is good as well

Today is my off day so I'm excited to drink and eat a bit today. Also, don't forget to be active. Even a 30 minute walk a day is big. Yoga. If you don't want to lift or run, those are better than nothing. I've become a huge fan of yoga. Relaxing and really makes you feel better afterwards.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, but other posters will assuredly add some other good suggestions. Good luck!
>>
>>7095461
Knew I'd forget something.

Since winter is on its way or already here, look up some low cal soups you can make in a crock pot (assuming you have one). I just made a cream of brocolli and mushroom soup that is 110 calories per serving and it's fantastic and great for colder weather. Only downside is the sodium content, but when you want to cut, sodium isn't way up there on my worry list.

Check out some sites online, there are some insanely easy, cheap, and low cal soup ideas that will last you a few days. I'm all about making a few meals at once. That way, I have healthy food available at home and I feel obligated to eat the food I made so that it doesn't go to waste. If you aren't in the mood to cook and you have nothing already made, you might be tempted to run out and grab some fast food or microwave some easy, high calorie meal or something. Again, good luck chief.
>>
>>7095466
recipe for cream of brocolli and mushroom soup please
>>
>>7095466
OP he. Also requesting a good mushroom soup recipe
>>
>>7095340
Healthy carbs.
>>
>>7094988
boneless skinless chicken breast. low calories, all protein no fat, tons of different recipes. cmon this ones basic
>>
hard boil like 4 eggs for first meal of the day. cut them in half and sprinkle some steak seasoning or lawry's on that shit mmmmm
>>
>>7095306
>Pepperoni bites
what
>>
Try semen
>>
>>7096420
This is off the top of my head and I;m pretty drunk. But I think I remember the main parts

-2 lbs. fresh brocolli (2 heads is fine)
-8 oz. of shrooms (whatever shrooms are cheapest)
-3-10 &3/4 oz. cream of broccoli cans (If they don't have Cream of Broccoli, I've used 2 cans of Cream of Celery and 1 can of Cream of Mushroom)
1 pint of Fat Free half and half
-4 cans of water added (use the cans from your cream of whatever)

Put all of that, with pepper, thyme, garlic powder,, and whatever else you dig in a soup. Do NOT forget to put 4 cans of water in as well.

I am hammered. not gonna reread this shit. Either way, if I typed it, it's truth. Enjoy and enjoy cuttin!
>>
>>7096107
>>7096420

>>7097737
Amazing, I amend myself constantly.

Just to reiterate, that is for a crock pot. My cook book says 6-8 hours on low or 3.5-4 hours on high. I did 3 hours on high and then popped it onto low for the next 2 hours. Stir once of twice just to make sure things cook evenly.

Take it easy faggots. I actually think I might go grab a bowl now.
>>
>>7095028
underrated kek

>>7094988
What food do you like to eat OP? Remember, you're going to want to be satisfied, so remember to include fat (olive oil, etc.) and fiber (veggies, whole grains). Proteins are very, very important, too.

Turkey chili is great because beans, meat, and delicious soup, right? Other soups are great, too, so think beef stew, miso, and anything you can dump greens+broth into (cabbage, spinach, chicken, whatever). Just choose ones heavy on the veggies and clear broths (be careful of cream variants or work with light milks). A bit of vinegar can perk up a lot of soups if it needs it. A light thai curry (lite coconut milk, etc.) is good.

Keep PLENTY of dried spices on hand that are good. Cajun is my go to. Be careful of those that use sugar (lemon pepper can be over sugared sometimes) or shit tons of salt. Make sure you have hot sauce for when something is bland. Sriracha, tobasco, I don't care. They even make a 75% less sugar ketchup that is good (very vinegary). Sauces and things are ok, but KNOW the calorie content and measure how much you're using. Your goal isn't to make bland things. I honestly like laughing cow light swiss cheese wedges (and their other light flavors), and make sauteed spinch with a wedge and it needs nothing else. Very low calorie.

Make food you have easy on hand so you're not tempted with easier things (like fast food or ordering a pizza). I crock pot a whole chicken so I have shredded chicken to add to soups or sandwiches or stir fry, and also very good broth that I can use for soup bases. Buy things that go well several different ways. Eggs are amazing. Filling, quick, good. I might have advice if you want more questions.

One thing to do is make a list of food you like. Keep things you can modify to be healthy or are healthy. Start with listing ingredients you like if you want and see what combines that you didn't think of before.
>>
>>7095306
>If you get a hankering for chocolate, do sugar free candies,
I'll say this: If you can make substitutes, then make substitutes. Salads for fries, Greasy deep fried patty for whole pieces of lean meat.

The second layer of that is if you can see yourself like something eventually, then work into it. I loved whole grain bread as a teenager, but mom rarely got it. And I didn't like it for french toast, grilled cheese, pasta, or other foods. I slowly worked whole grains into my diets. In a few years, I didn't buy white versions of shit. I didn't eat grilled cheeses for years until I made one with a whole grain bread a few years later and finally it was good. Give yourself time to ease into things. On the other hand, greek yogurt plain. I knew I would like it, but it needed time. So I just kept eating it and kept at it. Small servings. I didn't load it with shit. But after awhile, I found myself craving plain greek yogurt. Your body will crave healthy things if you let it.

The last thing is that there are some things where there are just no substitutes. A sugar free candy tastes like sad ass and nothing in the world is every going to get me to like it. Besides, if I use portion control, a small piece (not a bar) of dark chocolate satisfies that craving and is exactly what I want. Don't eat things you hate as a substitute. Don't ever do it, it's just a waste. You don't satisfy the craving for what you do want, you still want the original thing, and you just ate weird, worthless calories better spent somewhere else. Substitute whenever you can, but never eat something if you hate it. And if you get bored, mix it up.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.