[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i got a slow cooker what the fuck do i even make in a slow cooker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: slow cooker.jpg (4 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
slow cooker.jpg
4 MB, 2592x1944
i got a slow cooker

what the fuck do i even make in a slow cooker
>>
File: Florida_Box_Turtle_Digon3a.jpg (794 KB, 2232x1676) Image search: [Google]
Florida_Box_Turtle_Digon3a.jpg
794 KB, 2232x1676
>>
File: Spider-sense is tingling.jpg (20 KB, 475x318) Image search: [Google]
Spider-sense is tingling.jpg
20 KB, 475x318
chili
>>
Beef nigga, get dat beef stewin.
>>
I don't know. I've never made anything that tasted good in my slow cooker. It all tastes like shit and looks unappetizing.
>>
Pulled pork is a good one. Pork loin k is cheap and you just cook it with whatever sauce you want to use.. Just make sure to keep it wet so it doesn't dry out.
>>
>>7094782
Well you suck at slow cooking.
>>
>>7094799
haha rekt xD
>>
>>7094807
he totally pwned him omg lolz
>>
>>7094782
So, you fucked up a pot roast? Good one, shitbird
>>
Chili, pot roast, or literally anything involving beans or cheap cuts of meat.

How the fuck do you even fuck up a slow cooker? You literally just throw the shit in at least six hours before, turn that shit to high (or low if you're not a utter faggot and can get it in there 12 hours before) and eat it.
>>
>>7094766
tuck into a dark niche in the back of your cupboard, never to be seen again
>>
>>7094831
This guy knows. Cheap cuts of meat like pork shoulder and chuck roast are great in the slow cooker. It's stupid easy, add meat veg and spices or whatever else you want and let it sit there til it's done. I got one this year and every time I use it I realize it's the best purchase of 2015
>>
>>7094766
One time I put in chicken breasts and some cheap BBQ sauce in there. It was actually really fucking good. Half way through had to take out the bones though.
>>
File: TalapiaStock.jpg (94 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
TalapiaStock.jpg
94 KB, 720x960
Anything and everything.
>>
>http://allrecipes.com/recipe/228404/slow-cooker-pumpkin-turkey-chili/?evt19=1

I made this the other day. Turned out great. Pretty much anything you eat in a bowl you can make in a slow cooker.
>>
Take really fatty shoulder or something
get like 3 onions
julienne the shit out of the onion
take the onion and caramelize it in a pan with LITTLE oil
Once done take them and strain the fat out put them both to the side
Get beef stock, flour and beer
put beefstock into pan with flour and then set to a boil
put the onion in the slow cooker
seer the meat with the onion fat
then put BOTH ontop of the onion
put beefstock into pot
put beer until half way up the meat
slow cook till you feel like its done
>>
Baked apples, apparently. I'm going to make some for Thanksgiving. Seems a little more fun than a pie.

http://www.food.com/recipe/slow-cooked-baked-apples-328381
>>
>>7094856
What's with the bread?
>>
>>7094766
>add chopped onions
>lay slab of pork on onions
>fill with a bottle of coke
>6 hours
>drain excess liquid
>pull apart and add favorite bbq sauce
>make pulled pork sandwiches
>>
>>7094856
Are those baby turtles?
>>
>1 jar of lemon curd
>500g ground turkey
>250g granulated sugar
>1l chicken broth

Put this all in the slow cooker overnight, wake up to a nice lemon sandwich spread for breakfast.
>>
pinto beans

Boil beans for 30 minutes in pot.
Slice onion into thick slices
Drain beans
Add beans and onions to crockpot
Fill with water
pepper

Cook overnight.

About an hour before you are ready to eat, heat up some smoked sausage, cut into inch long pieces, and add to the beans.

Make sure you don't have a roommate like I did once who thought that I left it on by accident and helpfully unplugged it for me.
>>
>>7094795
YET ANOTHER moron who slow cooks loin in a crock pot thinking it will make good pulled pork.
No, no, and no! That will be dry as fuck and shitty. The cut you want is pork shoulder, sometimes called butt, or Boston butt. NOT LOIN, god dammit. My idiot friend made this mistake when cooking for a party, I explained why the meat sucked, and that loin should never go over 145 degrees F. The next party, he did the same god damn thing again with the same terrible results, and I asked if he listened to me. He said, "loin has less fat and it was on sale".
I eat chips and side dishes at these parties.
>>
>>7095697
>getting this worked up on an anonymous imageboard
>>
>>7094766
a slow cock.
>>
should have gotten a pressure cooker
>>
>>7095736

My pressure cooker is just about my least used cooking device.
>>
>>7094782

If you can fuck up slow-cooked recipes, you literally cannot cook.
>>
salsa chicken
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.