[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would I go about tipping the chef and not the dumb waitress?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: tips-gratuities.jpg (130 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
tips-gratuities.jpg
130 KB, 620x350
How would I go about tipping the chef and not the dumb waitress?
>>
Walk into the kitchen
Tip chef
Walk out
>>
>>7094622

>walk into kitchen
>get immediately gunned down by armed guards while they shout "THIS IS A RESTRICTED AREA"

Thanks ISIS.
>>
>>7094622
This pretty much, just walk in. If it's busy they'll not kick you out right away.
Or ask a manager to see them.but certainly it's best to walk straight into the kitchen confidently, ask for the chef and pay them
>>
Usually tips are split between the staff in civilized countries.
>>
>>7094626
He gets the dry comedy...good job anon
>>
>walk into kitchen
>get your ass beat by Mexicans and Hondurans
>qt waitress asks if you are alright as you crawl back out
>y-you too
>leave her a $20 tip

Wanna make the kitchen happy? Show up at close with a case of bud light and drink with them in the alley.
>>
Wait, the whole point of tipping is that it is a bribe for good service next time you come. The chefs don't know who you are, so that acheives literally nothing
>>
Put the tip in the backdoor
>>
>>7094622
>walk into obvious area you shouldn't be in
>customers staring at your awkward ass
>cooks shout at you in mexican
>manager asking who you are
>n-not gonn tip that dumb waitress
>ok leave then cabbagepatchkid
>h-hope you all enjoyed muh performance
>>
>>7094653
But the waitresses/waiters will see your bravery and relay that to the chef next time you eat. Which in return, if you are lucky enough, he might not sneeze or fart on your pasta de' la Cruz te ampenado.
>>
>>7094774
Dude nailed it.
>>
Send the food back and hide a buck under the steak with a note
>>
write a good review on yelp
>>
>>7095116
I like this answer
>>
>>7095116
As a cook I'd be so confused by this shit. You send the food back which is generally an insult or complaint to the cook and then weirdly hide some money under it which is odd as fuck and just dirties the money. Plus it'd probably get thrown out anyway. Not like I look under the food on a plate, I just dump it and make a new one or more on without looking.

Frankly this whole thread is autistic af. I get paid well enough and don't expect tips for my labor. Sometimes at the end of a busy night a server might give me some of the tip but it's just polite of her. 15/hr in a not expensive city is fine enough for me. Frankly I like the wait staff and the waitress that works on my shift is real sweet.
>>
>>7094626
It's daesh, don't give them the legitimacy of using isis, that supposed a state, they have no state and will never have a state.

daesh is better, it's a term coined by the King of Jordan after daesh captured a Jordanian pilot and burned him alive in a cage.
>>
>>7094626
daesh is also directly insulting to them instead of using their terminology.
>>
>>7095937
>>7095931
I don't think dudes that publish live beheadings and are looking forward to an Apocalypse war cry themselves asleep over what you call them.

Also man fuck you for taking a joke post on some korean dog cooking site so damn serious. Get a life.
>>
>>7095955
Part of it is terminology, and giving them the legitimacy of a state that doesn't exist is stupid, so call them by an insulting name to prove that they are full of shit and just another terrorist organization. They have no state and they have no recognition beyond themselves and the people that call them isis are morons.
>>
>>7095955
Actually they do. They're not a state, they're daesh if even that.
>>
>>7096084

>hurr durr, if we call them daesh they will melt into dust :)
>>
I like those ISIS guys - they're all right. They sure did the world a favor getting rid of some smelly French.
>>
>>7096119
Does slightly increase the chance that they will make a video proclaiming that you were the next Satan for them to target and that they will rally a million martyrs to destroy you.
Far more amusing.
>>
>>7096119
It's better than calling them a state that doesn't exist and using their terminology. daesh exists on philosophy, that's why they blow themselves and others up. Don't be a dumbass.
>>
>>7096150
I'm a New Yorker, we're used to bullshit from weirdos. What's not really amusing but is pathetic are the islamic types that freak out over a cartoon. They're very predictable and so are the lies from cnn and obama making exuses for islamics when they pretty much chimp out like sand niggers.
>>
Why would you tip someone for doing the job that they get paid to do?
>>
>>7094629
Only the wait staff
>>
>>7094617
Am i the only one who thinks tipping a cook is actually insulting?

I mean, they work in the kitchen for the food you pay for. They (should) do what you expect.

Tipping waiters directly comments on their Service. If they were nice, etc.

Plus a cook normally has no time for your sheningans, and often a single meal is cooked by 2 or more cooks. So i guees you'd get politely kicked out.

Tldr; tipping cooks is fake and gay
>>
>>7096720
Plus most back of staff prefer staying back of staff just so they never have to deal with autistic assholes like OP
>>
Here is how I see this going
>Frustrated at FOH service
>I KNOW WHAT ILL DO TO SHOW THAT WAITER/WAITRESS
>IM GUNNA TIP THE CHEF
>March to back of restaurant
>Look for kitchen door for like 3 minutes
>march into kitchen
>Line chef looks at you
>Doesn't bother saying anything
>Slip around on wet floor or trip over mat
>You sprain your ankle
>Everyone realizes you are hurt
>Ambulance is called
>Trespassing
>>
>>7095668
Son, I think he was joking.
>>
YOU FUCKING MORONS

BUY THE KITCHEN A ROUND

THAT"S THE WAY IT'S ALWAYS DONE

NO OTHER WAY

YES I AM YELLING

>baka baka baka
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.